User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type Is Bruce Lee?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 3456715 Last

Thread: Bruce Lee

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    that doesn't mean it's not fi curzon...i have superfast fighter instinct too....seriously...you do not want to jump out and scare me.
    Yeah.
    I have heard about your legendary driving skills (which are by the way related to your reflexes).

Ps - wait a sec. I never said lack of Fi. I simply said Lee isn't an ISFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

huh? that makes no sense. i'm being for real.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Well it is not that easy to explain. I could give examples & tell you that ISFPs wouldn't behave that way. But some know-it-all would jump in & say it's stereotyping. *Shrugs*
    You should at least give it a go. I just want to know the isfp/istp split and if there is anything. Something you can look at and say "Look at that, that is Fi, Ti or whatever right there.

I'm not interested in stereotypes and behaviour, I'd like to know what drives that behaviour.

I've only been over-the-top a few times in a fight, but I'd end up pulling back midway. I've even kicked some dude on the ground, and then realized how that totally sucked.. and picked him up and apologized. He was kind of confused.

I kind of get what Curzon is saying.. We're not overkill types

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    That is true, I was getting at that earlier. Wonder why that is and if and how it fits in with Bruce Lee.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    huh? that makes no sense. i'm being for real.
    'People are terrified to take rides from me.'
    You said that quite a while back.

This point is about you saying -
    that doesn't mean it's not fi curzon...i have superfast fighter instinct too....seriously...you do not want to jump out and scare me.
    & I saying -
    I have heard about your legendary driving skills (which are by the way related to your reflexes)
    I was trying to say that motor skills such as driving, playing baseball (sports), fighting are all reflex controlled.

Did you watch the karate kid? He his taught the same move 1,000 times so that it gets recorded in his system. & when that action is needed one can do it without thinking about it. This is reflex.

Fighters, sportsmen & drivers rarely think when they are in the middle of a game. They have only a split second to think. & then the action should come without thinking.

I was just joking around about something you said a while back, by relating it to what you claim to have.
    i have superfast fighter instinct too

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

@ kdude...sure i agree with that. you're right but i mean someone could give you a super fast beat down before they realized what they were doing...but then yeah...be really sorry about it....i see what you're saying.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    That is true, I was getting at that earlier. Wonder why that is and if and how it fits in with Bruce Lee.

Well he never beat that guy to a pulp in the story. He had to chase him around.. apparently it was a clumsy fight. Bruce wanted to take him out quick, and the guy started running all over the place. That's what I was trying to point out about how this prompted Bruce to step up his strength levels. His friend recalls the story somewhere in the beginning of the Art of Expressing the Human Body (the fitness book).

Riva

I've only been over-the-top a few times in a fight, but I'd end up pulling back midway. I've even kicked some dude on the ground, and then realized how that totally sucked.. and picked him up and apologized. He was kind of confused.

Now that's what I was looking for. The word, Overkill.
    ISTPs are definitely overkillers .

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Like I said before. Giving examples would make me sound as if I am stereotyping.

Kdude's post is similar to what I am trying to say.

Well he never beat that guy to a pulp in the story. He had to chase him around.. apparently it was a clumsy fight. Bruce wanted to take him out quick, and the guy started running all over the place. That's what I was trying to point out about how this prompted Bruce to step up his strength levels. His friend recalls the story somewhere in the beginning of the Art of Expressing the Human Body (the fitness book).
    I got the book out. It is Linda Caldwell that recalls the story. It was motivated by racism, which violated one of Lee's values. And only says that he extracted a submission from him. And then goes on to talk about fitness.