User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type Is Bruce Lee?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee

Senior Member Array TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

I def see some Fe on Bruce Lee. Contrast that with a Vlad Putin (ISTp) or Dr. Dre (ISTp)

Tempbanned Array

ESTP Ti.

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I actually think Bruce Lee could very well be ESTP. After watching some old footage of him, his demeanor reminds me of an ESTP. Also his Fe is expressed alittle too much for it to be his inferior function. An example would be his shouts when he throws a punch or a kick. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Shouting when throwing a punch/kick is kind of a karate thing. He has probably substituted pissed off cat sounds instead of guttural labour pains commonly used in karate because it hurts his Se.
    No he created his own style jeet kune do.
    C'mon man, my above reply to your post was to make people laugh. You totally fucked it up by telling me about Jeet Kune Do which I already know. Killed the joke on the spot.

The below post summarizes the core of Jeet Kune Do in less than 3 minutes. You should watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Anyway you should watch Cowboy Bebop fighting scenes, which is the best series/movie out there that brings to life Bruce Lee's fighting style names Jeet Kun Do.

The episode Waltz for Venus does a good job explaining it.

It got me interested in it. I've even done it when I was quite small in a friendly right; not Jeet Kun Do itself but the concept of it without even knowing what Jeet Kun Do was. Somehow it felt natural, practical and quite effective.

Watch this clip. I love it.

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeseBurgerKing View Post
    I def see some Fe on Bruce Lee. Contrast that with a Vlad Putin (ISTp) or Dr. Dre (ISTp)
    You have a point. He had much stronger Fe than those two. Perhaps his Fe was developed - Fe is the weakest function of ITPs and development of it means it makes him a healthy individual by MBTI standards - or he was an ESTP.

One thing is for sure, he was an Se user above Ne.

And the below video - though I don't agree with the typing - implies he definitely had the functions Ti, Fe, Se, Ni.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciJr View Post
    Yes, I know. But I also know he was a introvert by all means, and that he has Ni eyes. Check this video:
    Ooops the video doesn't exit anymore. Too bad.

Anyway, we can conclude that he was either a ISTP, ESTP, ENFJ or INFJ. The latter two are highly unlikely, but if he was the healthy individual as I explained above - by MBTI terms - it could mean that he could have been anyone of those types with traits identical to all those four types; which makes things quite cool.

Now imagine an ESTJ with INFP traits. Oooo!

Tempbanned Array

C'mon man, my above reply to your post was to make people laugh. You totally fucked it up by telling me about Jeet Kune Do which I already know. Killed the joke on the spot.

The below post summarizes the core of Jeet Kune Do in less than 3 minutes. You should watch it.
    wow you just replied to something I posted over a year ago good job.

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?

wow you just replied to something I posted over a year ago good job.
    Since you were the one who resurrected this thread, I didn't think you would mind.

Tempbanned Array

Since you were the one who resurrected this thread, I didn't think you would mind.
    I didn't even remember my previous post.

Enneagram
    9w8

Could it be that Bruce Lee was what could be called a near self-actualized ISTP? I used to think he was INFJ but the more I learn about functions [which is a constantly on-going process for me], the more I realize that each set of cognitive preferences is far broader and encompassing that I was able to grasp before. Instead of putting people in boxes, it makes each person, of each cognitive type, ever more unique. I'm not so convinced of his INFJ-ness anymore. I haven't written it off as a possibility but have rather placed it right under a highly balanced and developed ISTP.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Senior Member Array TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

I've actually become a lot more familiar and better at spotting Si vs Se. Its actually really easy to tell the difference after you get familiar.

He does seem pretty Si from what I've seen.
    Likes OrderOfTheCaelifera liked this post

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeseBurgerKing View Post
    I've actually become a lot more familiar and better at spotting Si vs Se. Its actually really easy to tell the difference after you get familiar.

He does seem pretty Si from what I've seen.
    You have no clue what Si is. Bruce Lee is the biggest Ni dom there ever was. Are you joking? lol. Si? You don't understand Si at all. Everything he talks about is the intangible and vision. There are very few details of fighting, it is more freeing yourself from tradition and expresing your emotions authetnically. Not technical details. He is an INFJ. Without question. Seriously. The guy is so Ni it is ridiculous. That is what Ni looks like. He is a counselor/teacher type.
    Likes Xann liked this post

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast