User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type Is Bruce Lee?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 41213141516 Last

Thread: Bruce Lee

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I could see N in that he was very open minded and saw that all martial arts systems were useful. None of this Tiger Claw vs Monkey Fist shit. He was the first true mixed martial artist (far more mixed than what comes across as MMA these days too). He came from the Wing Chun style of Kung Fu, but he took what he could from Aikido, Karate, Muay Thai, Juijitsu, Sumo.. Anything.. One of his favorites was actually Muhammad Ali. Bruce went out of his way to get films and study him.. part of his footwork was Fencing and Ali, and had nothing to do with Kung Fu. Anyways, one could say this was all tertiary Ni still. ISFPs and ISTPs can still think outside the box and synthesize different approaches, just not as well or wide reaching as INJ, of course. I just don't think his intent was wide reaching in the Fe sense.. he was simply aiming for personal expression and fluidity in combat. Second, he told his students that they needed to do the same with personal expression. That his path in Jeet Kune Do was not their path, that they needed to take from him only what they needed. He called his path Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do (Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do). He'd teach groundwork, but you would make your own Jeet Kune Do, not his. And if necessary, even throw out everything he taught. "A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence." Maybe that's still something an INFJ could say, but it's something to consider.
    It's strange that the first thing I considered about Bruce was his merging of ideas, concepts etc. The first thing I considered for Bruce without much thought was enxp. Not necessarily true, but he seems to have that Ne spirit. "Take what you feel suits you (extraverted perception), but use it to go down your own chosen path (introverted judging)".

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ISTP 8w7 So/Sx.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    Self expression is not about flashyness, it's about truth. Focusing on training your body to convey what you want to say; Conveying your truth. It's not a show; this is a comment he once made in an interview, where he said that it would be easy to pretend and such, but being true to yourself is much harder.

Good points though.
    you can purposely manipulate yourself to present yourself in any manner you desire like most film style martial artists, Bruce lee was all about effectiveness you can say his self expression was his form of effectiveness but his purpose wasn't about being self expressive in a "flashy" way.
    Last edited by jixmixfix; 08-25-2011 at 10:10 PM.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w6

Default Bruce Lee

I've been looking around a few sites and many have labelled Lee as an ISTP. I disagree with this and believe that he was an INTJ. Although his physical condition may have suggested that he was very connected with the exterior environment, Bruce has displayed many N characteristics in his lifetime.

Lee had a very abstract method of thinking. He nullified the traditions between the Eastern and Western culture teaching people to '' Take what is useful, cast off what is inferior and add what is essential.'' He had a degree in philosophy, and used The Art Of War - Sun Tzu as one of the core resources in the development of his modern martial arts.

What are your thoughts on this?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ISTP 8w7 So/Sx.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by kevinlivecomau View Post
    I've been looking around a few sites and many have labelled Lee as an ISTP. I disagree with this and believe that he was an INTJ. Although his physical condition may have suggested that he was very connected with the exterior environment, Bruce has displayed many N characteristics in his lifetime.

Lee had a very abstract method of thinking. He nullified the traditions between the Eastern and Western culture teaching people to '' Take what is useful, cast off what is inferior and add what is essential.'' He had a degree in philosophy, and used The Art Of War - Sun Tzu as one of the core resources in the development of his modern martial arts.

If you look down below at "Similar Threads" you will see that this has been discussed before.

I have to go with Speed here on Lee's MBTI. The guy practical reeks of ISTP.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    If you look down below at "Similar Threads" you will see that this has been discussed before.

I have to go with Speed here on Lee's MBTI. The guy practical reeks of ISTP.
    At least we can agree on one thing. Hurrah.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by kevinlivecomau View Post

There is a very interesting forum that argues for Bruce Lee being INTJ:
    http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=42273

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

ISTP heavy Ni

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    ISTP heavy Ni
    The question is though, was his Ni or Se heavier? If Ni, INTJ. if Se, ISTP. Since INTP balances those 2 out, he could also be INTP.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: