• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

Usehername

On a mission
Eminem

You Must Be Registered To Vote

Have you listened to his lyrics?

Makes me think xNFx. His family was really messed up, or so I assume from listening to Cleaning Out My Closet. I also really like Mockingbird.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm not sure you can guess his type well from the lyrics as he'd be more extroverted than normal and more analytical.

You could say that his quite abrasive styling is quite T-ish but the whole emotions thing makes me think more F.

His background, as far as we know it, would make for a large impact on type too. I think this would be a difficult one to judge.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
ESFJ, for my money.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
ESFJ, for my money.
That would honestly surprise me. I always thought that ESFJs were kind of emotional leaders and Eminem seems to be the more leading via contrast which I would associate more with an N than an S. Suppose it's possible...

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
That would honestly surprise me. I always thought that ESFJs were kind of emotional leaders and Eminem seems to be the more leading via contrast which I would associate more with an N than an S. Suppose it's possible...

I guess I'm not entirely certain...? Most of his music seems exceedingly self-centered and boastful (perhaps a consequence of his trade). He enjoys entertaining; has a perpetual desire to functionalize his insecurity via hip-hop (outlet); and has a desire to control those important to him (Kim, daughter, fans...etc). If these qualities are to be believed, I think his alignment would be closer to an ESFJ.

To be certain, many of the traits I listed in support, could also be used to unwind.

I could be entirely mistaken; my familiarity is limited.

Thoughts?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I guess I'm not entirely certain...? Most of his music seems exceedingly self-centered and boastful (perhaps a consequence of his trade). He enjoys entertaining; has a perpetual desire to functionalize his insecurity via hip-hop (outlet); and has a desire to control those important to him (Kim, daughter, fans...etc). If these qualities are to be believed, I think his alignment would be closer to an ESFJ.

To be certain, many of the traits I listed in support, could also be used to unwind.

I could be entirely mistaken; my familiarity is limited.

Thoughts?
I have reconsidered and can see the ESFJ line though for different reasons to those you state.

Firstly he seems to crusade for things which is very ESFJ.

Secondly his approach of being the way he is and pretty much tough luck if you don't like it is reminiscent of my sister a few years ago and though she's an ENFJ I think the parallel remains.

Thirdly (and quite controversially from her point of view I'd wager) is my Aunt is supposed to be an ESFJ (my father's estimation so it should be accurate) and I can see the whole pounding out the same moral viewpoint in Eminem's music which is very much like my Aunt.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I have reconsidered and can see the ESFJ line though for different reasons to those you state.

Firstly he seems to crusade for things which is very ESFJ.

Secondly his approach of being the way he is and pretty much tough luck if you don't like it is reminiscent of my sister a few years ago and though she's an ENFJ I think the parallel remains.

Thirdly (and quite controversially from her point of view I'd wager) is my Aunt is supposed to be an ESFJ (my father's estimation so it should be accurate) and I can see the whole pounding out the same moral viewpoint in Eminem's music which is very much like my Aunt.

My aim might be off...?

For what reasons did you initially believe him to be an ENFJ?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
My aim might be off...?

For what reasons did you initially believe him to be an ENFJ?
I didn't say that but now you mention it that too could make sense.

:thinking:
Aw nuts now I'm confused....too many options!!!

I'm going to have to think about this one now :doh:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think ISTP. The way he thinks and talks about things in his music, and also the way he is in interviews (both the ones where he's quite shy and unsure, and ones where he's full of bravado), just really reminds me of both my ISTP friend and also my step-grandma says he reminds her of my step-dad, also ISTP, when he was in his teens and 20's. I think he's quite common for how that type gets if they get into rebellion in their teens in a big way.

I don't think he's an extravert at all though. I definitely think his dominant function is a judging one, and introverted, hence Ti. That only leaves S or N to sort out, and since he tends to rebut criticism with 'facts' both about himself and the critic, amongst other things like the general sorta stubborn free-spiritedness with that slightly grumpy edge (again, something I see in ISTP's I know), I'd plump for S, but with a fairly well developed N, because of the things he 'connects' in his lyrics, and generally brilliant wordsmithery!

Not a Feeler though, Feelers don't have the monopoly on passion (and indeed the 'choleric' temperament tends to be associated with NT), and though a lot of what he says is venting feelings, he does it in an analytical and semi-detached kinda way, and he says things that I don't think any Fi type would say out loud or in public. And since I've ruled out extraversion that's Fe out, too.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Nice one Substitute. That'd rhyme up with the ENFJ side. I'd doubt he's an INTP (we're just so brilliant and stuff that no one qualifies without MAJOR scrutiny :D ) so perhaps ESFJ would be wrong? If only I actually knew an ESFJ well enough I could compare.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nice one Substitute. That'd rhyme up with the ENFJ side. I'd doubt he's an INTP (we're just so brilliant and stuff that no one qualifies without MAJOR scrutiny :D ) so perhaps ESFJ would be wrong? If only I actually knew an ESFJ well enough I could compare.

I have ESFJ mom and sister, and I really can't imagine either of them EVER being, thinking or in any way resembling him!!

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I have ESFJ mom and sister, and I really can't imagine either of them EVER being, thinking or in any way resembling him!!
Is that ESFJs though or just mothers and sisters? ;)

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
my gut-typing of him is ISFP or ISTP.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

Hey! Some of us enjoy fashioning ourselves after illusory entertainment figures!

Ha --

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
eh i always kind of thought he was kind of infj ish. He reminds me a lot of my infj ex boyfriend though, so i'm just basing it off that.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd bet a year of my life on ISXP and I lean strongly toward ISFP despite the abrasiveness - methinks he's overcompensating. He reminds me of my ISFP ex-boyfriend and also of a male ISFP friend, both of whom did this, and less of the ISTPs I know.

1999 radio interview
2001 interview

Edit: Just read the thread. It's almost enough to make one give up on MBTI, isn't it? :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
INTP Central - View Single Post - What was Eminem's Type?

We here have a compelling argument for Eminem being an INTJ.

Yeah I remember that, but I wasn't convinced about the J part simply because he's a hard worker. I'm a hard worker, and I couldn't be more P. Most P's are hard workers when it's work they enjoy and they have the right motivation. Plus, I really can't see either Si or Ni being dominant in him at all. He seems to me to reek of Ti.

I'm kinda on the fence really about S/N, but I think I do lean more towards him being S.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
He seems to me to reek of Ti.

Really? Hmm.

Do you know any male ISFPs with similar anger issues and/or in a similarly macho subculture for comparison?

Edit: What about his relationship with the mother of his child? Seems Fi-attached to me.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah I remember that, but I wasn't convinced about the J part simply because he's a hard worker. I'm a hard worker, and I couldn't be more P. Most P's are hard workers when it's work they enjoy and they have the right motivation. Plus, I really can't see either Si or Ni being dominant in him at all. He seems to me to reek of Ti.

I'm kinda on the fence really about S/N, but I think I do lean more towards him being S.

The J part is an entailment of him having Introverted Intuition. (Te) Its not salient in his psyche, so might as well take it lightly. As Introverted Intuition was the most important premise in that argument.