User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

12311 Last

Thread: Eminem?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default Eminem?

Eminem

You Must Be Registered To Vote

Have you listened to his lyrics?

Makes me think xNFx. His family was really messed up, or so I assume from listening to Cleaning Out My Closet. I also really like Mockingbird.
    Last edited by highlander; 02-20-2015 at 09:35 PM.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I'm not sure you can guess his type well from the lyrics as he'd be more extroverted than normal and more analytical.

You could say that his quite abrasive styling is quite T-ish but the whole emotions thing makes me think more F.

His background, as far as we know it, would make for a large impact on type too. I think this would be a difficult one to judge.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

ESFJ, for my money.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    ESFJ, for my money.
    That would honestly surprise me. I always thought that ESFJs were kind of emotional leaders and Eminem seems to be the more leading via contrast which I would associate more with an N than an S. Suppose it's possible...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    That would honestly surprise me. I always thought that ESFJs were kind of emotional leaders and Eminem seems to be the more leading via contrast which I would associate more with an N than an S. Suppose it's possible...
    I guess I'm not entirely certain...? Most of his music seems exceedingly self-centered and boastful (perhaps a consequence of his trade). He enjoys entertaining; has a perpetual desire to functionalize his insecurity via hip-hop (outlet); and has a desire to control those important to him (Kim, daughter, fans...etc). If these qualities are to be believed, I think his alignment would be closer to an ESFJ.

To be certain, many of the traits I listed in support, could also be used to unwind.

I could be entirely mistaken; my familiarity is limited.

Thoughts?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I guess I'm not entirely certain...? Most of his music seems exceedingly self-centered and boastful (perhaps a consequence of his trade). He enjoys entertaining; has a perpetual desire to functionalize his insecurity via hip-hop (outlet); and has a desire to control those important to him (Kim, daughter, fans...etc). If these qualities are to be believed, I think his alignment would be closer to an ESFJ.

To be certain, many of the traits I listed in support, could also be used to unwind.

I could be entirely mistaken; my familiarity is limited.

Thoughts?
    I have reconsidered and can see the ESFJ line though for different reasons to those you state.

Firstly he seems to crusade for things which is very ESFJ.

Secondly his approach of being the way he is and pretty much tough luck if you don't like it is reminiscent of my sister a few years ago and though she's an ENFJ I think the parallel remains.

Thirdly (and quite controversially from her point of view I'd wager) is my Aunt is supposed to be an ESFJ (my father's estimation so it should be accurate) and I can see the whole pounding out the same moral viewpoint in Eminem's music which is very much like my Aunt.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I have reconsidered and can see the ESFJ line though for different reasons to those you state.

Firstly he seems to crusade for things which is very ESFJ.

Secondly his approach of being the way he is and pretty much tough luck if you don't like it is reminiscent of my sister a few years ago and though she's an ENFJ I think the parallel remains.

Thirdly (and quite controversially from her point of view I'd wager) is my Aunt is supposed to be an ESFJ (my father's estimation so it should be accurate) and I can see the whole pounding out the same moral viewpoint in Eminem's music which is very much like my Aunt.
    My aim might be off...?

For what reasons did you initially believe him to be an ENFJ?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

My aim might be off...?

For what reasons did you initially believe him to be an ENFJ?
    I didn't say that but now you mention it that too could make sense.

Aw nuts now I'm confused....too many options!!!

I'm going to have to think about this one now

MBTI
    ENTP

I think ISTP. The way he thinks and talks about things in his music, and also the way he is in interviews (both the ones where he's quite shy and unsure, and ones where he's full of bravado), just really reminds me of both my ISTP friend and also my step-grandma says he reminds her of my step-dad, also ISTP, when he was in his teens and 20's. I think he's quite common for how that type gets if they get into rebellion in their teens in a big way.

I don't think he's an extravert at all though. I definitely think his dominant function is a judging one, and introverted, hence Ti. That only leaves S or N to sort out, and since he tends to rebut criticism with 'facts' both about himself and the critic, amongst other things like the general sorta stubborn free-spiritedness with that slightly grumpy edge (again, something I see in ISTP's I know), I'd plump for S, but with a fairly well developed N, because of the things he 'connects' in his lyrics, and generally brilliant wordsmithery!

Not a Feeler though, Feelers don't have the monopoly on passion (and indeed the 'choleric' temperament tends to be associated with NT), and though a lot of what he says is venting feelings, he does it in an analytical and semi-detached kinda way, and he says things that I don't think any Fi type would say out loud or in public. And since I've ruled out extraversion that's Fe out, too.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Nice one Substitute. That'd rhyme up with the ENFJ side. I'd doubt he's an INTP (we're just so brilliant and stuff that no one qualifies without MAJOR scrutiny ) so perhaps ESFJ would be wrong? If only I actually knew an ESFJ well enough I could compare.