• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I have always hated Rap music, until I saw Eminem. I knew that kid was different the moment I laid eyes on him.
He has a unique ability to get words to rhyme that one wouldn't normally think of.
His delivery is excellent.

Agreed. Hey, why are you in yellow?

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
my claim i'm INTP? why is it "my" claim? did I say that's my claim, that I'm INTP? I only listen to the tests, son!! the test tells me all I need to know about myself ;)

You've labeled you're type as INTP.

awww, where'd you go troll boy? I was hoping you could rag on "my claim" that I was born in the month of May, because all information we relate to others on a message board MUST obviously, nay logically, be personalized claims we ought to be able to substantiate. Right?

So are you really INTP?

Step 1) Close this forum.

Step 2) Open your browser.

Step 3) Type "www.intpcentral.com"

Step 4) Don't ever come back here.

There's only two more forums that I'll register on. The INTJ forum and Personality Cafe. I'm too distracted to be on those forums .

Trust me, there's about 5,000 other INTPs who share this exact attitude with you (along with your presumable social ineptitude and generally obnoxious disposition.)

Seriously, nobody here is going to like you, but you'll fit in perfectly over there.

They didn't like me on INTPCentral. It's no reason to permanently ban someone.

My browser is already open, I won't trust you. And it's not serious.

There's only two more MBTI forums that I'll register for. The INTJ forum and Personality Cafe. But I'm too distracted to be on those forums .

He was there before he came here. He got banned.

I'd like it if you'd mind only your own business.

Wow, go fucking figure. What a little bitch.

Yeah, fuck me. What a fucking bitch I always am.

Bubbleboy

MBTI Type
ENFP
You've labeled you're type as INTP.

So are you really INTP?

They didn't like me on INTPCentral. It's no reason to permanently ban someone.

My browser is already open, I won't trust you. And it's not serious.

There's only two more MBTI forums that I'll register for. The INTJ forum and Personality Cafe. But I'm too distracted to be on those forums .

I'd like it if you'd mind only your own business.

Yeah, fuck me. What a fucking bitch I always am.
Anyone uttering himself about a subject he even admittedly didn't open a book on, shouldn't be worth your bile. Save it for someone worthy.
Watch the posted interviews; Se is pretty clearly one of his primary functions.
What are we left with then? Is anyone in doubt he's a thinker? Or an introvert?

Last edited:

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
I strongly think Eminem is an INF. Probably not what people would think just looking at the surface, but a few years ago I was huge on him. I still love him now, but when I was a teenager I was like fanatic over him. I know a lot about him, seen countless interviews etc. I've always found him to be really interesting. When I look deeper into him/his lyrics, I really see INF. I'm not entirely sure on J or P. I've heard he's very structured and orderly in some ways. When you look at songs like Mosh, White America, and quite a lot of others, you'll see he kinds of feel VERY strongly about a few certain things. War and Politics stuff, parenting, etc. He has this "wanting to change the world" vibe about him, but just goes about it in an interesting manner.

And the way he goes off into a total fantasy, cartoon-like world in some of his songs. For example one called Brain Damage - he takes something that really happend to him (being bullied and beaten) and totally blow it up into this obscene thing. A lot of people might think he's a T, but I think he's infact very F. It's so obvious a lot of the time. I think he's a wounded, confused, perhaps immature in ways (but also very intelligent and witty!), INFx. And I think he's either a 4 or a 5. Probably 4w5 or 5w4.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
I strongly think Eminem is an INF. Probably not what people would think just looking at the surface, but a few years ago I was huge on him. I still love him now, but when I was a teenager I was like fanatic over him. I know a lot about him, seen countless interviews etc. I've always found him to be really interesting. When I look deeper into him/his lyrics, I really see INF. I'm not entirely sure on J or P. I've heard he's very structured and orderly in some ways. When you look at songs like Mosh, White America, and quite a lot of others, you'll see he kinds of feel VERY strongly about a few certain things. War and Politics stuff, parenting, etc. He has this "wanting to change the world" vibe about him, but just goes about it in an interesting manner.

That's a very good point. He does seem very sure about things.

I've never thought he was interesting as person, I just like how he raps!

He spits it like it's the only thing.

Mipp

MBTI Type
INTP
Eminem bleeds Fi -- a lot of his lyrics are about his feelings and relationships, both positive and negative, and if you've ever listened to even a handful of his songs you'll be familiar with a cast of characters from his life: his mother, his ex-wife Kim, his daughter Hailie, Dr. Dre, his friends in D12, etc. His songs also often have a personal element to them, either relating a story from his past (such as the death of his uncle and friend Ronnie, which he's mentioned numerous times), his persecution or perceived persecution by the media and public, or his feelings about his fans.

He also speaks of his desire for privacy, such as in "The Way I Am":

but at least have the decency in you
to leave me alone, when you freaks see me out
in the streets when I'm eatin or feedin my daughter
to not come and speak to me (speak to me)..
I don't know you and no,
I don't owe you a mo-therfuck-in thing

What I also find fascinating about Eminem is that he's not all bravado, sometimes his lyrics seem outright regretful or allude to a lack of confidence or desire to go on, such as in these lyrics, also from "The Way I Am":

I'm so sick and tired of bein admired
that I wish that I would just die or get fired
and dropped from my label and stop with the fables
I'm not gonna be able to top on "My Name is.."

Or when he talks about his treatment of Kim and how it affects their daughter in "When I'm Gone", which I feel is his most emotionally complex song:

Then turn right around in that song and tell her you love her
And put hands on her mother who's the spittin image of her

Also in "When I'm Gone" Eminem discusses the responsibilities of being an adoring but absentee father and the demands of pleasing his fans, which he represents as a dream about Hailie telling him this:

"It's too late dad, you made your choice
Now go out there and show em that you love em [fans] more than us [his family]
That's what they want
They want you, Marshall
They keep screamin your name
It's no wonder you can't go to sleep
Just take another pill
Yeah I bet you you will!
You rap about
Yeah word, kid keep it real"

"Stan" is the best example of Eminem discussing the symbiotic and even parasitic relationship between himself and his fans, but he talks about them a lot, and the turmoil caused by him taking on this larger than life persona. He also symbolically suicides his 'Slim Shady' persona in "When I'm Gone" which allows him, in the song, to find an idyllic family life:

I turn around, find a gun on the ground
Cock it, put it to my brain
Scream Die Shady!, and pop it

He also seems acutely aware of the effects his tempestuous relationship with Kim has had on Hailie and his adopted daughter Lainie, and how his efforts to protect the girls has backfired:

Daddy's always on the move, mamma's always on the news
I try to keep you sheltered from it but somehow it seems
The harder that I try to do that, the more it backfires on me
All the things growing up his daddy that he had to see
Daddy don't want you to see but you see just as much as he did

Eminem's definitely got a vengeful side, not only expressed in "Kim" but also in "Cleaning Out My Closet", in which he basically disowns his mother and taunts her that her entire family is turning against her:

But guess what, yer gettin' older now and it's cold when you're lonely.
An' Nathan's growin' up so quick, he's gonna know that you're phoney.
And Hailie's gettin' so big now, you should see her, she's beautiful.
But you'll never see her, she won't even be at your funeral.
Remember when Ronnie died and you said you wished it was me?
Well, guess what, I am dead. Dead to you as can be.

One last aspect of Eminem that I haven't seen often discussed is that on at least a few occasions, he'd made up with or at least attempted to reconcile with some of the people he's attacked or criticized. Elton John is the most obvious example, but also Marilyn Manson (who he made fun of in "My Name Is...") apparently buried the hatchet with him when they were both targeted by the media watchdogs. They did a remake of "The Way I Am" together in which Eminem criticized the hysteria over Columbine.

I think Eminem is extremely emotional, and he has some driving need to express those emotions in a very public way. I would also say that he's got some complicated and powerful emotions, and he seems fully cognizant of what and who he is and the effects he has on those around him.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Oh, Eminem has emotions?

Whelp, that settles it! He must be Fi dom! :doh:

Look, people, music is kind of an inherently emotional medium. You can't write about vector calculus and deductive logic problems and make a good song. It's really, really dumb to claim that all music about feelings must have been written by an F type.

Mipp

MBTI Type
INTP

*sigh* Look, the man's favorite subjects are his family, his past, his feelings about stardom, his feelings about his fans, his feelings about being targeted by the media, his hatred of 'phonies', his regrets, his need to prove himself, his abandonment issues, his protectiveness of his daughter, his resentment... and his lyrics suggest, to me anyway, that he's introspective and that he analyzes not only his own, but other people's emotions. See his interpretation of an obsessed fan's mind in "Stan", or even his awareness of how lost and confused his daughters are about his turbulent life in, well, every third song he's ever done. This is someone who spends a lot of time thinking about the people around him and how they affect him and he affects them.

Also, there is no need to be sarcastic or dismissive. I have never treated anyone this way on this forum or any other forum and I expect the same courtesy.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*sigh* Look, the man's favorite subjects are his family, his past, his feelings about stardom, his feelings about his fans, his feelings about being targeted by the media, his hatred of 'phonies', his regrets, his need to prove himself, his abandonment issues, his protectiveness of his daughter, his resentment... and his lyrics suggest, to me anyway, that he's introspective and that he analyzes not only his own, but other people's emotions. See his interpretation of an obsessed fan's mind in "Stan", or even his awareness of how lost and confused his daughters are about his turbulent life in, well, every third song he's ever done. This is someone who spends a lot of time thinking about the people around him and how they affect him and he affects them.

Also, there is no need to be sarcastic or dismissive. I have never treated anyone this way on this forum or any other forum and I expect the same courtesy.

So what would convince you that he's a T then? If he wrote an equal number of songs about molecular biology?

Honestly, your argument that "Most of his lyrics express his emotions" somehow indicates that he's an F is silly because all serious art expresses emotion! Nobody, not even strong Thinking types, spends significant time writing songs about non-emotional topics, because music and emotion are inherently tied together. The entire point of music is to elicit an emotional response in listeners; ergo, writing songs about emotional topics does not an F type make.

Most T songwriters use music as an outlet for the emotions that they normally have a hard time expressing in their everyday lives. Choosing to listen to logic over emotions most of the time can turn music/art into quite a useful outlet for getting out the emotions that you don't normally give much voice to.

This was written by an INTJ:

How stupid is it? I can't talk about it
I gotta sing about it, and make a record of my heart

Mipp

MBTI Type
INTP
So what would convince you that he's a T then? If he wrote an equal number of songs about molecular biology?

Honestly, your argument that "Most of his lyrics express his emotions" somehow indicates that he's an F is silly because all serious art expresses emotion! Nobody, not even strong Thinking types, spends significant time writing songs about non-emotional topics, because music and emotion are inherently tied together. The entire point of music is to elicit an emotional response in listeners; ergo, writing songs about emotional topics does not an F type make.

Most T songwriters use music as an outlet for the emotions that they normally have a hard time expressing in their everyday lives. Choosing to listen to logic over emotions most of the time can turn music/art into quite a useful outlet for getting out the emotions that you don't normally give much voice to.

This was written by an INTJ:

How stupid is it? I can't talk about it
I gotta sing about it, and make a record of my heart

Naturally music is tied to emotion -- but the fact that his songs are so personal, to an uncomfortable degree sometimes, and the subject matter is presented in such a raw way, suggests to me that he is a Fi type. Eminem has little detachment from the emotional content of his music. He writes songs about how he felt like a bum because he couldn't buy his kid Christmas presents, or about how his hates his dad for walking out on him, or he mocks Christina Aguilera for saying he was "cute" in an interview. He does do some of the standard rap artist bragging and posturing, but even then it's tempered by self-doubt and an open acknowledgment that he's trailer trash from the wrong side of the tracks. I really can't think of many artists who are as intense and personal as Eminem is, especially when he's in his more somber moods. Every real artist puts some of themselves into their art, but it's like he's living it all over again in every stanza and every chorus, to the point where it can be unsettling.

You are entitled to your interpretation, as I am entitled to mine. I am very interested in the opinions expressed in this thread, and certainly Eminem seems to be a very complex person to inspire this much debate and discussion.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Naturally music is tied to emotion -- but the fact that his songs are so personal, to an uncomfortable degree sometimes, and the subject matter is presented in such a raw way, suggests to me that he is a Fi type. Eminem has little detachment from the emotional content of his music. He writes songs about how he felt like a bum because he couldn't buy his kid Christmas presents, or about how his hates his dad for walking out on him, or he mocks Christina Aguilera for saying he was "cute" in an interview. He does do some of the standard rap artist bragging and posturing, but even then it's tempered by self-doubt and an open acknowledgment that he's trailer trash from the wrong side of the tracks. I really can't think of many artists who are as intense and personal as Eminem is, especially when he's in his more somber moods. Every real artist puts some of themselves into their art, but it's like he's living it all over again in every stanza and every chorus, to the point where it can be unsettling.

You are entitled to your interpretation, as I am entitled to mine. I am very interested in the opinions expressed in this thread, and certainly Eminem seems to be a very complex person to inspire this much debate and discussion.

He also suffers from depression and drug addiction. You've just restated the same argument here with no new material, so I have no meaningful response.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I get your point Sim about lyrics and art, but wouldn't a T behave in a more rational manner outside of his art?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get your point Sim about lyrics and art, but wouldn't a T behave in a more rational manner outside of his art?

We (the proponents of ISTP) have already dissected based on interviews why we believe Ti seems more evident than Fi. What evidence do you have that he behaves "irrationally" in his everyday life?

Besides that, though, who knows? How can we have any idea what the pressures of international fame, depression and drug addiction will do to someone? How can we have any idea how Eminem or any other person that we've never met behaves toward his friends and family in everyday life off camera?

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4

Look, people, music is kind of an inherently emotional medium. You can't write about vector calculus and deductive logic problems and make a good song. It's really, really dumb to claim that all music about feelings must have been written by an F type.

True, but you’ll never get certain F types to see this.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True, but you’ll never get certain F types to see this.

Especially FPs who feel an emotional attachment to that particular artist's music. "OMG I LOVE HIS SONGS, I JUST KNOW WE ARE SOULMATES!!" :doh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
We (the proponents of ISTP) have already dissected based on interviews why we believe Ti seems more evident than Fi. What evidence do you have that he behaves "irrationally" in his everyday life?

Besides that, though, who knows? How can we have any idea what the pressures of international fame, depression and drug addiction will do to someone? How can we have any idea how Eminem or any other person that we've never met behaves toward his friends and family in everyday life off camera?

"June the 3rd,2000: the day Eminem got into trouble with Douglas Dail from ICP and John Guerra, the man who kissed his ex wife Kim.
The events that happened this day caused Eminem's arrest and weapon and assault charges.
Prosecutors have charged Eminem with 2 felonies:

-carrying a concealed weapon without a license

-assault with a deadly weapon

Those circumstances could have lead him to 5 years jail sentencing.

In the summer of 2001, his legal troubles continued, as he was given probation on weapons charges that stemmed from an argument with an employee of Psychopathic Records, giving him a fine around $2,000 as well as several hours of community service.
9 months ago "