• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I watched the Jonathan Ross interview and the contrast between NF and ST is stark.

i.e. When Jonathan Ross starts talking about how the cap reminded him of what his wife wears into the shower, and later observing another "what a grandmother might wear." That's clearly "N" and "S" looks at Ross like wtf? :spam_laser:

Eminem states very clearly how he writes music. It's very mechanical using patterns in words...vs. choosing words carefully to communicate a specific thought. In other words, what sounds better to the ear is more important to the topical vs. actual content.

The intensity of his gaze is very common among ISTP's. But wouldn't go so far as to say that's his type. In that there's a ton that's unknown about him.

i.e. We know that he likes Comic books, and wanted to have a comic book store. We know that he dropped out of school, although very talented...definately not the brightest bulb in the forest.

We also know that running is his choice for getting exercise.

So I'm sure of "I" in that it's biographically well documented, sure of "S"...reasonably positive of "T" in just observing his spoken word choices as to P or J? Not sure.

Not a good argument. You say "sure of S" based on that interview? I would say that interview has not clearly shown whether he's N or S.

How come Fi users are the only people that ever say that about him? NFPs seem to have a habit of attaching emotional back story to everything even when none exists.

I'd say there's an outside chance of ISFP, but I'd like to know where you're getting all this Fi from.

From his music, his lyrics, his videos. Look at some of his more popular songs - "Stan", "Lose Yourself", "Till I Collapse" for example.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
sim, here are the artists I, yes, *deeply feel and believe* to be strong Fi users.

In order of Fi-ness

Slug

Ani DiFranco

Trent Reznor

Eminem

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How come Fi users are the only people that ever say that about him? NFPs seem to have a habit of attaching emotional back story to everything even when none exists.

I'd say there's an outside chance of ISFP, but I'd like to know where you're getting all this Fi from.
Angst does not = Fi. Unhappiness does not = Fi.
Eminem writes many of his lyrics based on his emotions. 'Kim' was a classic example of this. He certainly isn't very Fe too. He talks to much about his feelings. He's not necessarily the most logical person. In the video provided by miserable he talks quite a bit about his feelings.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sim, here are the artists I, yes, *deeply feel and believe* to be strong Fi users.

In order of Fi-ness

Slug

Ani DiFranco

Trent Reznor

Eminem

Huh, I would have thought ENFJ for Ani.

Initial thought on Eminem would be ISTP, but..whatever, everyone seems to have different notions on what constitutes each of the cog functions/types.

Also....Fe users are quite capable of experiencing powerful emotions...it's not really pure Fi territory, sorry. And I would think most especially with musicians, that line would get blurred, simply because music is an emotional medium.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

In order of Fi-ness

Slug

Ani DiFranco

Trent Reznor

Eminem

Trent Reznor is not an F. I don't know who Slug is, and I don't know anything about Ani DiFranco, but you have a bias toward labeling artistic people as Feelers for some reason. All of your points here seem to reduce to, "BUT HE'S AN ARTIST AND THERE'S OBVIOUSLY FEELING IN HIS MUSIC!!!"

Well, of course there's feeling in his music. Art by nature requires feeling in order to be inspired. That doesn't magically turn every artist into an Fi dominant personality type.

In the above posted interview, Eminem discusses his personal values and feelings very little. He instead tries to detach himself and analyze the effects drugs have had on his life in a more objective sense, seeking to understand the problem from the outside so he doesn't have to repeat it.

Eminem writes many of his lyrics based on his emotions. 'Kim' was a classic example of this. He certainly isn't very Fe too. He talks to much about his feelings. He's not necessarily the most logical person. In the video provided by miserable he talks quite a bit about his feelings.

No he doesn't. He talks about the physical sensations that drugs induced in him and looks for rational analysis to give himself a good reason to avoid those patterns again. "It made me feel better/worse" is just Se talking about his physical bodily experiences.

Fi is more related to personal values and the ethics that one "knows" to be the right or wrong thing to do. Em doesn't mention anything about this in that interview.

And he's not very Fe because Fe is the ISTP's inferior function. I see occasional flashes of inferior Fe when he complains about how rude and obnoxious fans and the media are to him--he thinks they're violating some kind of politeness standards, but his criticisms have only a rudimentary awareness of context. He doesn't understand how his being an asshole right back to them perpetuates this kind of negative image.

"And I'm thankful for every fan that I get / But I can't take a shit in the bathroom without someone standing by it / No, I won't sign you an autograph, you can call me an asshole, I'm glad"

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I equate ARTISTS WHO DEEPLY RESONATE WITH ME AND MY FI AS FI USERS!!!!!!!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
of course not every artist is an NTJ, or an NFP, UGH!!!

DUH!!!!

WANNA KNOW WHO MY FAVORITE ARTIST IS?!?!!?

M.C. ESCHER.

And homie is DEFINITELY NOT AN F!!!!!

I'm sorry I can't express myself rationally at the moment.

I'm angry and frustrated

ANYONE WHO THINKS TRENT REZNOR, ANI DIFRANCO AND SLUG TO BE ANYTHING BUT NFPS CAN SUCK IT,

sorry

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always thought Eminem to be an ESTP and a tool.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
of course not every artist is an NTJ, or an NFP, UGH!!!

DUH!!!!

WANNA KNOW WHO MY FAVORITE ARTIST IS?!?!!?

M.C. ESCHER.

And homie is DEFINITELY NOT AN F!!!!!

I'm sorry I can't express myself rationally at the moment.

I'm angry and frustrated

ANYONE WHO THINKS TRENT REZNOR, ANI DIFRANCO AND SLUG TO BE ANYTHING BUT NFPS CAN SUCK IT,

sorry

OF COURSE YOU'RE FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Right?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Individually wrapped, placed in neat little rows
Becoming A piece, of everything that grows
Some numbers, A name, to indicate you played the game
Came empty handed and left the same
A soul is A soul and A shell is A shell
The border in between is full of everything you felt
Some cling to A cross because they're tired and lost
They leave it up to the weather to measure the cost
And everytime I look within I recognize the darkness
Familiar to the image of the artist
Staring at the bathroom mirror in A strangers apartment
Can't remember her name, don't remember how I got here
But here I am, thinking about death again
Humbles out the stress, helps the breath get in
I need to check my friends as well as my next of kin
To let them know I love them all to the end
And when the soul begins to reap, I think she'll know me from the sleep
I keep caught in the corner of my bloodshot eyes
And if she has the nerve, to let me dump a few last words
I'm gonna turn to the earth and scream "Love your life!"
Love your life, quite cliche but I guess thats me
A ball of pop culture with some arms and feet
As discrete as I've tried to keep the drama and cancer
It's no secret I hunger for someone to feed the answers
I never expected a bowl of cherries
I'm just a virgo trying to find my own version of the virgin mary
And when I let them carry me to a cemetary

I wanna be buried with a pocket full of clarity

(Chorus)
Now, how many times must you prove you're an angel
How many more demons do you have to strangle
How much longer must you remain in this dream
Before I finally figure out if you're insane or a genius

How many times must you prove you're an angel
How many more demons do you have to strangle
How much longer must you remain in this dream
Before I finally figure out if you're insane or a genius

Let no tears to fall from none of y'all
Just remember it all, the beauty as well as the flaws
L-O-V-E L-I-F-E
Here lies Sean, finally free
And as I look across the sea I smile at the sun
While it feeds the weeds the nutrition they need
The people still breathe, the city still bleeds
I'm going to love it to death and keep planting my seeds
I'm going to love it to death and keep an eye on the seeds
I'll be in love till im dead, I keep reaching the seeds
I'll give all I got left just to teach you to read
Love life to the death and keep planting my seeds
And when the soul begins to reap, I think she'll know me from the sleep
I keep caught in the corner of my bloodshot eyes
And if she has the nerve, to let me dump a couple last words
I'm gonna turn to the earth and scream (Love your life)

Love life, by Atmosphere, aka slug.

:wub:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I equate ARTISTS WHO DEEPLY RESONATE WITH ME AND MY FI AS FI USERS!!!!!!!

Ergo, Fi users attach Fi motivation to everything.

You do realize why this makes no sense, right? Any artist who resonates with your personal values must also be motivated by a similar value system? That's ridiculous.

As for Reznor, read an interview with him. "OMG HIS MUSIC MEANS A LOT TO ME AND I'M AN Fi USER" doesn't make him Fi-oriented.

Fecal McAngry

Trent Reznor is not an F. I don't know who Slug is, and I don't know anything about Ani DiFranco, but you have a bias toward labeling artistic people as Feelers for some reason. All of your points here seem to reduce to, "BUT HE'S AN ARTIST AND THERE'S OBVIOUSLY FEELING IN HIS MUSIC!!!"

Well, of course there's feeling in his music. Art by nature requires feeling in order to be inspired. That doesn't magically turn every artist into an Fi dominant personality type.

In the above posted interview, Eminem discusses his personal values and feelings very little. He instead tries to detach himself and analyze the effects drugs have had on his life in a more objective sense, seeking to understand the problem from the outside so he doesn't have to repeat it.

No he doesn't. He talks about the physical sensations that drugs induced in him and looks for rational analysis to give himself a good reason to avoid those patterns again. "It made me feel better/worse" is just Se talking about his physical bodily experiences.

Fi is more related to personal values and the ethics that one "knows" to be the right or wrong thing to do. Em doesn't mention anything about this in that interview.
Trent Reznor is another smart, fucked-up ISTP who went into music.

And he gets Vulcans all hot and bothered:
YouTube - Star Trek + Nine Inch Nails = Closer

My Ani DiFranco exposure is minimal, but she strikes me as an ENFP. Kinda reminds me of Johnette Napolitano, whom I adore:

YouTube - Make Me Cry - Concrete Blonde - Concrete Blonde

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Trent Reznor is not an F.
BULL SHIT!!!

I will accept INTJ, ugh, but that seems wrong, still.

Homie's a 4w5, INFP, imo.

Watching all the insects march along
Seem to know just right where they belong
Smears of face reflecting in the chrome
Hiding in the crowd I'm all alone
No one's heard a single word I've said
They don't sound as good outside my head
Looks as though the past is here to stay
I've become a million miles a-

Why do you get all the love in the world?

All the jagged edges disappear
Colors all look brighter when you're near
The stars are all afire in the sky
Sometimes I get so lonely I could

Why do you get all the love in the world?
Why am I always watching from the outside?
On the other side of the glass
Behind the glass.
Always watching everyone,
Separate, watching, always
Don't touch.
This is getting deeper
As time goes by,
The water's getting colder.
Here I am surrounded by people but still all alone,
I am always alone.
Even with myself,
Imprisoned in my head.
And there doesn't seem to be any way out,
And I am so fucking sick of here,
Wish I was there.
Right beside is still
A million miles away.
Behind these bars.
In a rut.
Anyplace else will do.
Hello?
Don't think so.
Broadcasting,
Only static coming in.
No one can hear me when I'm here.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Apparently any artist whose work resonates with SS's feelings is automatically an Fi user. Great.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ergo, Fi users attach Fi motivation to everything.

You do realize why this makes no sense, right? Any artist who resonates with your personal values must also be motivated by a similar value system? That's ridiculous.

I agree.

I have some poetry I bet would resonate with her personal values. But do not motivate me in the same way in the slightest, regardless of being the author of said poems. :D

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree.

I have some poetry I bet would resonate with her personal values. But do not motivate me in the same way in the slightest, regardless of being the author of said poems. :D

This is in my last post, but I'll repost it because it ties to this -

Also....Fe users (no matter whether it's 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th function) are quite capable of experiencing powerful emotions...it's not really pure Fi territory, sorry. And I would think most especially with musicians, that line would get blurred, simply because music is an emotional medium.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Eminem is one of the major emotional impacts in the Hip-hop industry. He is driven by his emotions. This is what makes his songs stand out to the rest.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I WILL CONCEDE ONLY THIS!!!!

I MAY WRONGLY TYPE 4s as NFPs.

And Trent Reznor is definitely a 4.

ps, i hate everyone right now.

olui lASY owefiwqF;LFSOFS[OFU[AF0IU[WFUUIQF[

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR