• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Nah, his songs resonate a tremendous amount of meaning. Plus from some of his music videos, it hints at a very intuitive nature. He's not ISTx or IxTP.

Immortal Technique or Aesop Rock would be examples of really abstract and kind of intellectual rappers, I don't think Eminem even enters that domain. He definitely conveys some meaning though, and is descriptive, but ISTPs are capable of that.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Immortal Technique or Aesop Rock would be examples of really abstract and kind of intellectual rappers, I don't think Eminem even enters that domain. He definitely conveys some meaning though, and is descriptive, but ISTPs are capable of that.

I'm not comparing him to other rappers, I'm just comparing him to the MBTI scale. As far as this scale is concerned, he's quite abstract and imaginative with his lyrics/videos. He's very intuitive as far as the definition of intuitive goes in the MBTI system.

As far as the definition of Extroverted Intuition goes, 16 types says:
Ne - extraverted iNtuiting
Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change “what is” for “what could possibly be”; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.

I could definitely see high Ne. Also, I barely see any Se in him. He doesn't seem to have the traits of an ISTP, and he matches the INFP very well.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Why in the world do you people think that he's a T? Just because he's articulate and clever with a phrase? There are very articulate NFs all around, some of whom are professional writers and English teachers. Eminem is definitely *not* a T. An NT wouldn't be so comfortable airing all of his intense feelings toward his family members in a public venue. Not only that, but Eminem's emotions are so INTENSE, seemed to consume him at points, and don't seem calculated and only marginally analyzed, if at all.

because he acts cold out and tells thing more or less like they are. he doesn't use feeling, you can tell from a mile away. i know that NFs are articulate, but i wasn't pinpointing his articulation at all.

also, those aren't feelings working on him; he isn't comfortable with being in front of so many people speaking because he is I. like with george carlin, he probably gets more ENTP when he acts on stage.

there are numerous other things that pinpoint him as a T, the analogies he uses in the interview, the way he is indifferent about some of the things the interviewer say... to me there's no doubt about it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
because he acts cold out and tells thing more or less like they are. he doesn't use feeling, you can tell from a mile away. i know that NFs are articulate, but i wasn't pinpointing his articulation at all.

also, those aren't feelings working on him; he isn't comfortable with being in front of so many people speaking because he is I. like with george carlin, he probably gets more ENTP when he acts on stage.

there are numerous other things that pinpoint him as a T, the analogies he uses in the interview, the way he is indifferent about some of the things the interviewer say... to me there's no doubt about it.

ha ha ha ... I'm sorry but it's ridiculous to say that he tells things they way they are with coldness...many of his songs emanate intense anger or sadness..."Kim" and "Bonnie and Clyde" are not songs telling things they way they are, they are reveling in extreme anger (there is nothing rational or logical about beating or killing your wife, even in fiction), just like songs such as "When I'm Gone" could bring a person to tears ... not to mention that he's wallowing in self-pity in that song like an INFP is inclined to do.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree because there is no way in hell anyone could convince me that eminem is a T, and I've been a fan since 1996.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
ha ha ha ... I'm sorry but it's ridiculous to say that he tells things they way they are with coldness...many of his songs emanate intense anger or sadness..."Kim" and "Bonnie and Clyde" are not songs telling things they way they are, they are reveling in extreme anger (there is nothing rational or logical about beating or killing your wife, even in fiction), just like songs such as "When I'm Gone" could bring a person to tears ... not to mention that he's wallowing in self-pity in that song like an INFP is inclined to do.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree because there is no way in hell anyone could convince me that eminem is a T, and I've been a fan since 1996.

i wasn't talking about his songs, i was talking about him in person. refer to my post with the interview where you can see him act beyond video. besides, i think you have a misconception going on here: just because a person is a T it does not mean that that person is devoid of all emotion and has no way of expressing it.

on the contrary, i'd believe a thinking person to release bursts of feeling so he can be the least unstable during most of his time elsewhere. what i'm trying to say here is just because he puts emotions in his song it does not mean he can't be a T. and if you think so, then you should read up on what the differences between T and F are.

oh and you know what i think is ridiculous? INPs thinking that they know it all and try to put you down for your opinion. you're still the closest sensing intuit; do not forget your place.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i wasn't talking about his songs, i was talking about him in person. refer to my post with the interview where you can see him act beyond video. besides, i think you have a misconception going on here: just because a person is a T it does not mean that that person is devoid of all emotion and has no way of expressing it.

on the contrary, i'd believe a thinking person to release bursts of feeling so he can be the least unstable during most of his time elsewhere. what i'm trying to say here is just because he puts emotions in his song it does not mean he can't be a T. and if you think so, then you should read up on what the differences between T and F are.

I've seen Eminem a lot in interviews, not on stage (in fact, if I typed him by stage only I might be tempted to say ESFP, which would be totally off base) and I just don't think that rational, logical thinking is his predominant function. I know that T's aren't devoid of emotion, but Eminem centers his work around feelings and relationships a great deal more than I think a strong T would.

oh and you know what i think is ridiculous? INPs thinking that they know it all and try to put you down for your opinion. you're still the closest sensing intuit; do not forget your place .

This is just weird and I'm going to ignore it. I think you might need a hug or something. :hug: Alrighty then. Not talking to you anymore.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
excellent, just the response i wanted. as a last word, i said nothing about his T dominance being strong.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
excellent, just the response i wanted. as a last word,

dude, why are you being so weird about this?

i said nothing about his T dominance being strong.

Eminem is not a rational, logical person. He dropped out of the 9th grade, and has been in and out of trouble with the law. He's obsessed with his ex wife, and constantly bashes his own mother in public. He threatens to beat or kill things that pose a threat to his daughter. He's completely comfortable with having a nervous breakdown in public. There is absolutely NOTHING about Eminem to suggest T as his preference, personally or professionally. The only reason you say that is because of his calm demeanor in interviews - well, you know what? People who don't know me well who just hear me speak in a prepared way assume that I'm very "intellectual" too. But it doesn't ultimately make me an NT.

You have your opinion, and I have mine. Let's just agree to disagree. I said that two whole posts ago. (Four, if we count yours too).

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Eminem is not a rational, logical person. He dropped out of the 9th grade, and has been in and out of trouble with the law. He's obsessed with his ex wife, and constantly bashes his own mother in public. He threatens to beat or kill things that pose a threat to his daughter. He's completely comfortable with having a nervous breakdown in public. There is absolutely NOTHING about Eminem to suggest T as his preference, personally or professionally. The only reason you say that is because of his calm demeanor in interviews - well, you know what? People who don't know me well who just hear me speak in a prepared way assume that I'm very "intellectual" too. But it doesn't ultimately make me an NT.

Well see the thing about his calm demeanor in interviews is that actually reveals more of his Fi nature than any of his other cognitive functions. I think you've convinced me that he's INFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well see the thing about his calm demeanor in interviews is that actually reveals more of his Fi nature than any of his other cognitive functions. I think you've convinced me that he's INFP.

:bananallama:

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
dude, why are you being so weird about this?

because you don't see the fallacy of your own arguments... incidentally that is an INFP trait. i'm not being weird about it, i just don't want to talk to you anymore. you stereotype NT as robots, but this just shows you have no understanding of them.

i don't think he is or ever will be NF. his calm demeanor in interviews is superficial, you can see it especially in his eyes that there is much more going on behind. he's not happy about being where he is when he's sitting there. plus there is the part in the interview pasted in a previous post where he elaborated on how he would put in people's name just because their names rhymed, not because he had anything against them. it's not cold calculated behaviour, but an NF would not do things that way.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
i don't think he is or ever will be NF. his calm demeanor in interviews is superficial, you can see it especially in his eyes that there is much more going on behind. he's not happy about being where he is when he's sitting there. plus there is the part in the interview pasted in a previous post where he elaborated on how he would put in people's name just because their names rhymed, not because he had anything against them. it's not cold calculated behaviour, but an NF would not do things that way.

Yeah but I mean in general, his songs are fairly deep in their meaning. He may have just said that on the show, but in general from his songs, he's not the kind who just uses things because they sound good. I say INFP, but I think he could be INTJ too. No other type is possible imo.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
because you don't see the fallacy of your own arguments...

That's funny since there are other people who agree with me, and as an English literature major I have a 3.9 GPA, based mostly on papers which involve analysis and argument

incidentally that is an INFP trait.

That's REALLY interesting because I saw in another thread that you think you "used to be an I" (impossible) and the rest is NxP. So, by default, you could secretly be an INFP yourself and for some reason feel ashamed of it.

i'm not being weird about it, i just don't want to talk to you anymore.

Man, you accused me of not knowing "my place" (WTF??? is this like blacks sitting on the back of the bus) and then proceeded onward to say I responded exactly as you wanted me to and rushed to get the last word. If that's not weird, I don't know what is.

you stereotype NT as robots, but this just shows you have no understanding of them.

I never said that AT ALL. I NEVER SAID NTs ARE ROBOTS. I have a very good friend who is an NT and he's very sensitive. I said that Eminem is HIGHLY emotional and seems led by his emotions, indicating a Feeling preference. That is sooo not the same as saying NTs are robots.:shock:

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
you stereotype NT as robots

INPs thinking that they know it all and try to put you down for your opinion. you're still the closest sensing intuit; do not forget your place .

Accusing someone of stereotyping while at the same time forcing them to follow their own stereotypes. Way to be a hypocrite.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Accusing someone of stereotyping while at the same time forcing them to follow their own stereotypes. Way to be a hypocrite.

yeap, that's me. i'm the idiot.

That's funny since there are other people who agree with me, and as an English literature major I have a 3.9 GPA, based mostly on papers which involve analysis and argument

oh, excellent. this means you're skilled in non-personal psychoanalysis based on a theory without scientific merit. wait...

That's REALLY interesting because I saw in another thread that you think you "used to be an I" (impossible) and the rest is NxP. So, by default, you could secretly be an INFP yourself and for some reason feel ashamed of it.

where exactly does it say it is impossible? i'd think that it would be much more likely that a person's personality type changes while that person matures through childhood. i also think it's easy to manipulate the child during this time. in the same way i think it was possible that i once was an INFP or an INTP, but i outgrew it. whether or not this is true, i'm not ashamed that i'm one type or the other, because frankly no matter the type, i will always be the same person. and as a person, i have very little to be ashamed of.

Man, you accused me of not knowing "my place" (WTF??? is this like blacks sitting on the back of the bus) and then proceeded onward to say I responded exactly as you wanted me to and rushed to get the last word. If that's not weird, I don't know what is.

i didn't make myself clear then. i didn't want the last word as in the discussion, but rather, the last word from me in the discussion. you keep pulling this up for some reason and i see no point in discussing this further.

as for the place thing, it's just my intuition telling me that you can't argue this because of how you act (look at the statement where you describe something as "impossible"). it has nothing to do with your skin color, race or intelligence; i don't care about those. i care how you act towards the beliefs of others and towards what you try and shove down people's throats. i can't notice anything but your behavior, so i'm sorry if that is what i have to judge you upon. and judging from your behavior, you don't seem to have much merit in what you say. you can feel free to prove me wrong, thought at this point i doubt you will.

I never said that AT ALL. I NEVER SAID NTs ARE ROBOTS. I have a very good friend who is an NT and he's very sensitive. I said that Eminem is HIGHLY emotional and seems led by his emotions, indicating a Feeling preference. That is sooo not the same as saying NTs are robots.:shock:

as others have pointed out, strength of a function does not equal preference of said function. i don't see him led by his emotions, i see him being led by intuition. it's more or less the same in all the interviews i have seen of him. and no, you never said it, but i'll be damned if you didn't imply it.

now honestly let's stop this and just not talk anymore. i will read your further replies but i won't bother replying to them. you can have the last word if that's what you want.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Handy hint #97: If you no longer wish to discuss something, stop posting responses, it's that easy, also please remember the ignore feature is at your disposal.

VagrantFarce

Changed my mind, ISTP. It's just so bloody obvious to me at this point; the split personality fascination, the violence, the impersonal yet prankish attitute, the showing off, "The Eminem Show"... :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I insisted at one point that he might be an especially fucked up INFP before I understood typology a little better. Now I think he's an unhealthy ISFP.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Changed my mind, ISTP. It's just so bloody obvious to me at this point; the split personality fascination, the violence, the impersonal yet prankish attitute, the showing off, "The Eminem Show"... :)

You have to consider the guy has bipolar disorder. Violence, split personality, highs of mania and lows of depression are all facets of this disorder and all parts of Eminem's character because he's bipolar. That's why this has made it so difficult to type this man.