• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Here's another link to the video, but I wouldn't be surprised if it also disappears within 24 hours. I just can't see an INTJ (or especially an INFP) acting like that, although I've strongly considered INTJ for his type. I don't know - he's a total enigma to me.

Well you gotta keep in mind that he's bipolar, which makes it a little more difficult to type him. To people who've seen him for the first time, he would seem extroverted in this interview, but he's definitely an introvert. He's not a Sensor either, no Sensor can be as intuitive as he can. Then of course not INTJ or INFP will act like their descriptions say online.

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
He's a FLAMING F!!
I knew that like the Second I started gettnig into him

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with Evan - I've always thought of him as an ENTP.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. I think every type has been listed in this thread. That's amazing.

I vote ISTP. Ti-Se-Ni-Fe. Pretty strong iNtuitive element there. He looks to me like a classic example of ISTP from what I've read, seen in interviews and watching 8mile.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Eminem? INFP or ENFP.

He lives in his emotions whether it's anger toward his mother or ex-wife, or love for his daughter. He's an N, fo sure, because he's extremely insightful about patterns in societal behavior. INFPs are also known for being good writers, and Eminem's lyrics can be amazing, especially when he's being funny or political. He has the INFP draw toward his own childhood (8 Mile, anyone?) and he's far too "all over the place" in his behavior and attitudes about social propriety to ever be a J.

The only one I question is I/E. He's obviously a performer, and an in-your-face one at that, but then again he's got that quiet, bespectacled Marshall Mathers sensitivity that he projects when he's not on stage.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
We're never going to agree on one type for Eminem. Part of the difficulty is his being bi-polar, so at times he may seem like one type while at others, a totally different one. I see all opinions for him, everything from INTJ to ISTP to INFJ to ESFJ to INFP to ESFP to ENTP to ENFP to ESTP to ENFJ. Literally everything except ExTJ, ISxJ, INTP, and ISFP.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i wouldn't say that.

there's this interview here:
YouTube - Eminem on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross pt.1

where he acts like an INTP. he seems to be grasping for words sometimes, which is definitely not an S trait. he is quiet inbetween talking, and he at no point stops having direction in what he says. his way of speaking about relevance and omitting things that aren't remind me of T.

he also says that he choose his own direction after listening to something he liked. again, this is not an S trait.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why in the world do you people think that he's a T? Just because he's articulate and clever with a phrase? There are very articulate NFs all around, some of whom are professional writers and English teachers. Eminem is definitely *not* a T. An NT wouldn't be so comfortable airing all of his intense feelings toward his family members in a public venue. Not only that, but Eminem's emotions are so INTENSE, seemed to consume him at points, and don't seem calculated and only marginally analyzed, if at all.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Why in the world do you people think that he's a T? Just because he's articulate and clever with a phrase? There are very articulate NFs all around, some of whom are professional writers and English teachers. Eminem is definitely *not* a T. An NT wouldn't be so comfortable airing all of his intense feelings toward his family members in a public venue. Not only that, but Eminem's emotions are so INTENSE, seemed to consume him at points, and don't seem calculated and only marginally analyzed, if at all.

I just want to analyze this a bit. Not every T lacks emotional outlets. His songs spew out Fi (introverted feeling), and I love to hear that because my Fi happens to be high, and I'm a T (not saying everyone with high Fi identifies with him, that's not the case). Anyway, I see his Fi is very high, he's NOT IxTP or INFJ or basically any type that has a lower Fi. The values theme is extremely high in his songs. Plus it's very clear his Fe is very low. High Fi, low Fe.

He definitely has a terrific creative/imaginative ability, and the intuitiveness is very much there in Eminem. I could see either or both Ni and Ne as being high. He's an N.

He's clearly an introverted guy, I've seen him in a few interviews, and if you hear his songs, you can tell he's an I.

The only other type I could possibly see Eminem as (besides INTJ) is INFP. I still say INTJ though.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
He's not really abstract or even that analytical. He pays more attention to syntax and the rhythm of syllables then getting ideas across. He usually seems engaged in his immediate environment but with introvert intensity and is very adaptable and changing in how he goes about this.

So I agree with the people who say ISTP.

hommefatal

We're never going to agree on one type for Eminem. Part of the difficulty is his being bi-polar, so at times he may seem like one type while at others, a totally different one. I see all opinions for him, everything from INTJ to ISTP to INFJ to ESFJ to INFP to ESFP to ENTP to ENFP to ESTP to ENFJ. Literally everything except ExTJ, ISxJ, INTP, and ISFP.
Well, I like that. I tend to agree with INTJ. He seems pretty intellectual to me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Eh, but not every T doesn't have emotional outlets. His songs spew out Fi (introverted feeling). And I love to hear that Fi stuff because my Fi happens to be high, and I'm a T. Anyway, I see his Fi is very high, I can't see him being IxTP or INFJ or basically any type that has a lower Fi. Plus it's very clear his Fe is very low. High Fi, low Fe. He definitely has a terrific creative/imaginative ability, and the intuitiveness is very much there in Eminem. He's an introverted guy, I've seen him in several interviews, and if you hear his songs, you can tell he's an I.

The only other type I could possibly see Eminem as (besides INTJ) is INFP. I still say INTJ though.

I think he's an INFP. Fi is the dominant trait of an INFP, as is Ne the secondary one, which I think applies to his ability to analyze society as a whole, but he can't even straighten out his own life - that's why I don't think he's an S. I think if he were a J he'd be much more concerned with following a slightly more certain, coventional road in his career path, which is why I say P.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I like that. I tend to agree with INTJ. He seems pretty intellectual to me.

NFs can come across as intellectual, especially in creative ways. Eminem isn't intellectual in an academic sense, nor did he spend a great deal of time on formal education.

hommefatal

INFP? Maybe. I have a friend who is INFP too and he's very indifferent but still very emotional. This IS similar to Eminem.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
He's not really abstract or even that analytical. He pays more attention to syntax and the rhythm of syllables then getting ideas across. He usually seems engaged in his immediate environment but with introvert intensity and is very adaptable and changing in how he goes about this.

So I agree with the people who say ISTP.

Nah, his songs resonate a tremendous amount of meaning. Plus from some of his music videos, it hints at a very intuitive nature. He's not ISTx or IxTP.

I think he's an INFP. Fi is the dominant trait of an INFP, as is Ne the secondary one, which I think applies to his ability to analyze society as a whole, but he can't even straighten out his own life - that's why I don't think he's an S. I think if he were a J he'd be much more concerned with following a slightly more certain, coventional road in his career path, which is why I say P.

You know the more I think about it, the more I can potentially see him as INFP. The high Fi, the usage of Ne in his lyrics, I could see a big FiNe connection. And he does make quite a few decisions based on feeling as opposed to thinking.