• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Really, if you take away all the "My Mom was an drug addict bitch who raised me the wrong way" crying and whining that he does... he is NT. For all we know, he could've greatly exaggerated that stuff just to create controversy and create attention for himself.

and also - that crying and whining - he says that's his "therapy"...I really doubt he even talks about that stuff IRL amongst friends.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
First, I'm not sure if that relates. Manny isn't angry here. Second, was the INTJ forceful? No.

'cause 2 videos of two people who think they are two distinct types that are fairly easily confused are going to solve this conundrum which is largely unsolvable through its nature.

Haven't I been forcefully annoying enough throughout this thread?

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
my first gut reaction was that he was an isfp, although istp makes a lot of sense as well.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Here's a video in which he appears to be comfortable and speaking as himself, for your reference. If I were to type him based on it alone, I'd come up with xSTP.

YouTube - The Reason Eminem Dissed Limp Bizkit!

Going off that video I notice one thing in particular - He's rationalizing and explaining why he dissed Limp Bizkit.

"I'll STILL use them in my raps, and USE them against Everlast" --- Strategically moving pieces on a chess board. Then Eminem got upset that he COULDNT use them in his raps because DJ Lethal then made a comment.

You want to see an ESTP -- Look at Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit. typical ESTP.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Another thing about Eminem that will always be talked about is CONTROVERSY.

NF controversy - Prince, Ricky Williams, etc.... they create it by expressing alternate views and lifestyles.

NT controversy - Look at Eminem. His brand of controversy is very similar to Howard Stern(ENTJ). Pushing the envelope and upsetting people.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think that video shows Fi and inferior Te working together- you will be surprised by how sarcastic and vitriolic F's can be.
If it's impossible, there's no way I'm an F.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
I think that video shows Fi and inferior Te working together- you will be surprised by how sarcastic and vitriolic F's can be.
If it's impossible, there's no way I'm an F.

One thing forsure, he is Intuitive. I dont know how anyone can say he's a sensor or SP.

Listen to Eminem lyrics in his song with Fred Durst -

Eminem: "I walked up to these Siamese twins, and asked to have a 3some, told them 2 heads are better than one, plus I respect how you roll together as one" .....complex and using figure of speech...typical of N. I would say that's an example of NT humor too BTW... stinging and offensive, but also making sense.

Fred Durst: "Smelled like somebody farted" -- there's your typical SP sensor lyric. they perceive the world with their senses - smell, touch, sight, etc.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Lyrics, again. You're trying to say an S can't come up with intricate song lyrics if he puts his mind to it, which is outright ridiculous. I still think his most likely type is ISTP, but I leave the matter to others now.

Usehername

On a mission
One thing forsure, he is Intuitive. I dont know how anyone can say he's a sensor or SP.

Listen to Eminem lyrics in his song with Fred Durst -

Eminem: "I walked up to these Siamese twins, and asked to have a 3some, told them 2 heads are better than one, plus I respect how you roll together as one" .....complex and using figure of speech...typical of N. I would say that's an example of NT humor too BTW... stinging and offensive, but also making sense.

Fred Durst: "Smelled like somebody farted" -- there's your typical SP sensor lyric. they perceive the world with their senses - smell, touch, sight, etc.

I lean toward an Fi using N of some sort, too, but everyone uses all the functions, so it would take a meta-analysis to do this all 'proper-like.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Lyrics, again.

Lyrics are very relevant to the discussion. It's what makes or breaks a rap artist. Rap is different than most genre's in the sense that 99% of the time rappers actually write their own lyrics, whereas this is only the case maybe 50% of the time in other genres.

Lyrics are a rappers thoughts put down in rhyming form. Why WOULDNT someones thoughts be relevant to their personality type?

You're trying to say an S can't come up with intricate song lyrics if he puts his mind to it,

No I'm not. I will say this though; I listen to A LOT of rap, and sensors lyrics are always much more simple rather than complex. It's not that Sensors are not able to come up with intricate song lyrics, it's that they use a different function to perceive the world around them, and therefore see things and think differently.

Compare Eminem, Tupac, Nas (intuitives) lyrics and contrast them with Method Man, 50 cent, Bubba Sparxx, Noreaga (sensors) lyrics.

Here's an ESTP song and lyrics:

YouTube - Noreaga - Super Thug

What, what, what, what, what, what, what,(what, what, what)
What, what, what, what, what, what, what,(what, what, what)(superstar)

(noreaga)
Verse 1
Aiyyo, we light a candle
Run laps around the english channel
Neptunes, I got a cockerspaniel
We on the run now, yo, it aint no fun now
And where I go, you niggas cant even come now
hate the law, nigga, break it, I dont care
And when ya get caught, remember that I dont care
N.o.r.e., nuthin but the atmosphere
Yo for now we on the run, yo if that aint clear
Weak niggas wanna stick, you but that aint fair
You we down in vegas, money, skies too courageous
And yo, Im on the run, but still rip stages
And call me animal thug, when Im in cages
I used to proof phrases, rolled dice with no aces
Now Im just included in the oasis
Gotta take faces, no time for car races
Check my sky, tell I got five pages

Chorus

Verse 2:
Yo hit lousiana, then atlanta, indiana
Forget a city slicker got country grammar
Aiyyo we goin places, where my sound scan aint tough
So when I say I aint nore, yo it aint that rough
I leave the jake in my fake, askin all this stuff
I gotta keep my mouth shut and dont say what, what
But yo its hard to, netherlands got the heart to
Yo from new orleans, l.a., v.a. to queens
The i-95, now we hit the phillipines
But now its different, we gotta stay sober
Yo, communicate, startech, motorola
Keep it on the hush hush, dont talk to much
Thugged out entertainment, you know we touch
All our whips got navigation
While you whips is just garbation
Is you knowin what you facin?

Chorus

Verse 3:
This is the life yo, of a superstar
Fly ass mansions ,and a million cars
Gotta get the cash yo
And its live or die
The neptunes and noreaga
The limit is the sky ...hit em?

Verse 4:
Yo, lemme, do it again, do with the wind
Last album was a eight, this one is a ten
And when capone come home, we gon? triple the cent
Yo I love my family, treat my folks of kin
Rockin air and better, like a mexican
Shottin? at my pops, cause yo next to him
He told me every thug nigga is a gentlemen
So I took heed, take my time sitll wont speed
Yo a nigga got kids, so my family need
A little more than they used to get
Real, not the duplicate
Takin no fours, makin yall just recoupin? it
Doin? it up, tell me whatcha wanna do wit? it
Capones plan, passport to foreign lands
Overseas in japan, politickin with chan
Yo, n-e-p-t-u-n-e-s
The way they lace a beat like on of the best, what?

Seriously ...I'm not attacking you or bashing you... but if you can't see the difference between this type of lyric and someone like Eminem's lyrics than you really need to do some research on the differences between intuitives and sensors.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Here's another ESTP song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26vH3w4vE4o

Let me tell you about the life
And how you live when you is a star
Every single place you go
The people run up to your car
Everybody wants to talk, and everybody wants to jive
Everybody wants a handshake, or want a high five
And these ugly girls always got a friend
That wants to talk to you
(Snitch, Yahhh, Yahhh, Trick)
(And your friend, Yahhh, Yahhh Too!)
Ain't got time for chitchat
I'm tryin to get this money
So get up out my face
You doo doo head dummy

[Chorus:]
(Hey, SoulJa Boy, can I get your autograph?) Yahhh, Trick, Yahhh!
(Yo, Arab, I really like you, man) Yahhh, Trick, Yahhh!
(Is Collipark-) Yah, Yah, Trick, Yah Yahhh!
(Yeah, I was wonderin, can I be on your next-) Yahhh, Yahhh, Trick!

[Hook:]
Get out my face,
Get out my face,
Get out my face,
Get out my face,
Get out my face,
Get out my face,
Get out my face,
Get out my face (Yahhh!)

[Verse 2:]
Dawg, get out my face, Im startin to get mad
Walkin up
(Soulja Boy, Can I have your autograph?) Trick, Yahhh, Trick!
Leave me alone, let me get some peace
I'm sittin at the house and a shawty can't sleep
Leave me alone folk, before I have to knock your lights out
(Hey Soulja Boy, when that new Stacks on Deck cd coming out?)
Snitch, Yahhh, Trick!
Snitch, Yahhh, Trick!
Snitch, Yahhh, Ya, Yah, Ya, Yahh, Ya, Trick

[Chorus:]
(Hey, SoulJa Boy, can I get your autograph?) Yahhh, Trick, Yahhh!
(Yo, Arab, I really like you, man) Yahhh, Trick, Yahhh!
(Is Collipark-) Yah, Yah, Trick, Yah Yahhh!
(Yeah, I was wonderin, can I be on your next-) Yahhh, Yahhh, Trick!

The fact that you equate this type to Eminem just makes you and your typing skills look bad.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I was just listening to 8 mile, seems very, very Fi and Te to me. Same for Lose Yourself.

The cold, vicious anger in general. Myeah. Recognisable.

"You can do anything you set your mind to, man."

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
I was originally on the ISTP bandwagon but after researching it some more it seems that he has no analytical trail to his rants. - Alas, I am swayed to ISFP.

There is such a thing as an Intuitive Rapper. However, Eminem is not one.

augmented

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think he's an ENFP. crazy clever metaphors/wordplay filtered through personal self-defined values. interview with whoever about limp bizkit seems to confirm my hypothesis, at least it does to me, explaining why he was hurt and justifying his subsequent reponse. I could see ENTP too, if you think he's more cynical than passionate?

and for what it's worth, the guy is fucking ridiculously sick. definitely the best rapper of the past 10 years, and in my opinion the greatest rapper of all time.

theplacesyoullgo

Recent interview here - thoughts on type?

He strikes me as S but his lyrics are quite N.

By the way, I know he acts like a douche (and I HATE that word, but it so accurately sums his personality up) and the mocking females thing on his part is so 2001... just try to put that aside and make a guess. I'm struggling.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Recent interview here - thoughts on type?

He strikes me as S but his lyrics are quite N.

By the way, I know he acts like a douche (and I HATE that word, but it so accurately sums his personality up) and the mocking females thing on his part is so 2001... just try to put that aside and make a guess. I'm struggling.

Can't see the video. I still say INTJ. Just the fact that someone can pour out that much abstractness and imagination into lyrics shows that he's N. A Sensor (at least I) can't do it to that extent.

He's got some serious Fi. Actually, come to think of it, I could possibly see INFP but the I and N are definitely there.

theplacesyoullgo

Can't see the video. I still say INTJ. Just the fact that someone can pour out that much abstractness and imagination into lyrics shows that he's N. A Sensor (at least I) can't do it to that extent.

He's got some serious Fi. Actually, come to think of it, I could possibly see INFP but the I and N are definitely there.

Here's another link to the video, but I wouldn't be surprised if it also disappears within 24 hours. I just can't see an INTJ (or especially an INFP) acting like that, although I've strongly considered INTJ for his type. I don't know - he's a total enigma to me.