• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Okay, well I'm not sure I know enough ISFPs or ISTPs in my personal life to be able to make a comparison. And I can't say I've got enough insight to tell whether he displays inferior Fe, or Te, or what. I guess it comes down to my instinct. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Again, "flights of fancy and imagination" can be observed across types. It comes down to preference: what is dominant, what is the consistent pattern. Who's to say, for certain, when it comes to a temperamental and reclusive recording artist such as Eminem, but based on his output, he seems to display strong expression of ISTP over ISFP or XNFX.

Sensors express dominant preference for sensory information and experience. XSXP is the most likely to focus on the present. XNXP can also focus on the present in similar ways, but IME XNXPs are less in the body than XSXPs; they are less able to keep pace with the XSXP's in-the-moment adaptability and general stamina.

Hard-luck stories and hating one's mother isn't type-related, and definitely not attributable to N/S. As for romanticizing things, that can be a lot different things defined in multiple ways, depending on who's defining it. Need more info.

I know that, that was my point. Aren't infps more likely to sort of dwell on the past, and romanticize things so much? i guess it's sort of an fi-si loop, though. I just sort of see them doing that more often. But then, I am more surprised that he never really goes off into any sort of tangents, or weird flights of fancy. He seems pretty grounded. I mean, he can be a little fanciful, but never as a main focus. But he can be really off the wall, and wacky at times, which seems kinda Ne to be honest.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't this kind of Ne? it's just random connections and pop culture references. It's soooooooooo random.
I guess he's making fun of the media, and child molesters, though, lol.

Actually come to think of it, he's quite a bit more out there then most rappers, and hip-hop artists are, I think.
But I never thought you could really go completely off his work to type him because he is so mainstream, I have always imagined his work was very produced and tightly managed. Or at least, it always seemed to me.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Even this video. Look at how uncomfortable Dre looks throughout the whole thing; he's just really weird. "F**k you, Debbie!"

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some little weird coincidence I have noticed...

Kurt made many re-occuring references to his personal life in his work; and this video for example, the janitor symbolizes the time Kurt himself actually worked as a janitor, at the school he used to go to high school to.

In Eminem's music videos, I think often times, there is, or at least in the "without me" video, a little blonde kid, who is supposed to represent himself I think, and the mother is clearly supposed to be his mom. I think that's what he references the most. He always references his mother for some strange reason. Amongst other things I am sure. So see, I think this is something infp's do a lot.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
I know that, that was my point. Aren't infps more likely to sort of dwell on the past, and romanticize things so much? i guess it's sort of an fi-si loop, though. I just sort of see them doing that more often. But then, I am more surprised that he never really goes off into any sort of tangents, or weird flights of fancy. He seems pretty grounded. I mean, he can be a little fanciful, but never as a main focus. But he can be really off the wall, and wacky at times, which seems kinda Ne to be honest.

Yeah, I'm still not sold on INFP for Eminem. Ne randomness is much more, as you say, "weird flights of fancy". There isn't much here to indicate that Eminem displays Ne in the way we understand Ne to be. It's creative, sure, but it lacks that inventive, innovative edge of Ne.

Isn't this kind of Ne? it's just random connections and pop culture references. It's soooooooooo random.
I guess he's making fun of the media, and child molesters, though, lol.

Actually come to think of it, he's quite a bit more out there then most rappers, and hip-hop artists are, I think.
But I never thought you could really go completely off his work to type him because he is so mainstream, I have always imagined his work was very produced and tightly managed. Or at least, it always seemed to me.

It seems random but I don't know that the 'randomness' in this video quite fits Ne random. It's making connections and poking fun, but aside from the wacky, cartoonish vibe I don't know if it's something that can be considered fresh or innovative. Agreed that you can't go off his music videos alone, because there's a team involved; I'm sure there was an artistic director(s) who contributed.

Some little weird coincidence I have noticed...

Kurt made many re-occuring references to his personal life in his work; and this video for example, the janitor symbolizes the time Kurt himself actually worked as a janitor, at the school he used to go to high school to.

In Eminem's music videos, I think often times, there is, or at least in the "without me" video, a little blonde kid, who is supposed to represent himself I think, and the mother is clearly supposed to be his mom. I think that's what he references the most. He always references his mother for some strange reason. Amongst other things I am sure. So see, I think this is something infp's do a lot.

Artists and non-artists of all stripes 'self-represent' via alter-egos, and who doesn't have a mother issue in one form or another? This is way too common and ubiquitous to be attributed to INFP. Not type-related.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=24914]windoverlake[/MENTION]

I guess...

I'm not really sure; I am honestly not that big of a fan of Eminem and think he is overrated. Everyone seems to love him, but eh, how is he even that much of a real artist? you might as well just call him a pop-star.

You know, he's the "every-man" representin' all the middle class suburban white guys, despite supposedly coming from the "hood' or something. I guess everyone needs to feel hard.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, I'm still not sold on INFP for Eminem. Ne randomness is much more, as you say, "weird flights of fancy". There isn't much here to indicate that Eminem displays Ne in the way we understand Ne to be. It's creative, sure, but it lacks that inventive, innovative edge of Ne.

He created a whole alter ego for himself! (slim shady). This allowed him to say the most outrageous things, and invent scenarios where he could commit horrendous crimes and generally act out sick fantasies (on tape). Pretty inventive.

Also, he's said in interviews that though he was bad in school, he loved English. And he was obsessed with comics as a child, and drew loads of his own. To me, wanting to disappear into a cartoon world suggests INFP. Or at least ISFP with strong N tendencies.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
He created a whole alter ego for himself! (slim shady). This allowed him to say the most outrageous things, and invent scenarios where he could commit horrendous crimes and generally act out sick fantasies (on tape). Pretty inventive.

Eminem is very smart, clever, and immensely creative. But I don't consider his body of work to be inventive; he has an amazing facility and talent for language, but I don't think he's contributed anything 'new' to the overall 'language' of art. My understanding of 'inventive' is one that has to alter my own perception, so where others might see inventiveness, I do not.

Also, he's said in interviews that though he was bad in school, he loved English. And he was obsessed with comics as a child, and drew loads of his own. To me, wanting to disappear into a cartoon world suggests INFP. Or at least ISFP with strong N tendencies.

None of these things you listed are exclusive to INFP or ISFP.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
okay, looks like I ain't gonna convince you :alttongue:

I'm cool to continue this discussion if you really do think Eminem is an INFP. I just don't think the details you've provided up to this point are enough to sway me from ISTP. A lot of my sticking with ISTP, btw, is because I have INFP friends and Eminem (as far as we can know of him as audience members) is simply way too different from them.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm cool to continue this discussion if you really do think Eminem is an INFP. I just don't think the details you've provided up to this point are enough to sway me from ISTP. A lot of my sticking with ISTP, btw, is because I have INFP friends and Eminem (as far as we can know of him as audience members) is simply way too different from them.

:dry:

INerdTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Emoinem is clearly an 8w7.

Becka

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I believe him to be ISTP. his songs is his outlet and coming from a troubled home, it seems he doesn't have a handle on them so is FE inferior. I relate to his rants extremely well and his life. I'm an ISTP. his stare is ISTP typical and his lyrics seem very "s" they're too literal for an "n" type. In his interviews he seems to be a man of few words. I do not see him as an extrovert at all. In fact he is very introverted. He's just an entertainer.

mono

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very Fi, there's no Fe in him at all. STPs are way more expressive and emotionally reactive to their surroundings.

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
Ne (="soft" indecisiveness) is something that he is lacking a lot. Therefore he is ISxP (="abrasive" single mindedness).

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
intj

early slim shady = entp character played by intj.

I mean come on people : that very unique mix an overly emotional 5 year old despite what appears like a half decent intellect, that's typical intj territory.

Tomb1

Eminem is LSI 6w5 sx/sp:

Another good example of 6w5 sx/sp is Vic Mensa, SLE-Se though: