• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

genevievehyo

MBTI Type
INFP
Eminem is an INFP!

The more I watch him and read about him the more sure of this I am… We have the same weaknesses and strengths, even though he’s a lot more mature/balanced than I am. He’s also more unhealthy than I am but I’m just as verbally violent as he is. We’re generally easygoing and loving, but we can switch it off and become hard, angry ESTJs, a typical rapper/general/cold-hearted type. Eminem is a heavier ESTJ because he’s male and a rapper and needs the switch on more than I do.

1. He’s angry and bitter because he’s a soft idealist at heart, and Kim broke it. Not sure who else did, she’s the only one who comes to mind. NF

2. He was fixated on Kim for a long time (20+ years?) which is intensely idealistic. He has trouble moving on and falling in love quickly. He understands it’s irrational, but he generalizes women as cheating, scheming whores to get over his pain. He becomes a violent, cold-hearted misogynist ESTJ to cope INFP (ENFPs would withdraw and become ISTJs, criticizing peoples' actions rather than character)

3. He doesn’t care how his music makes other people feel. They’re expressions of how HE feels. He’s affected when other people attack his lyrics, because of how it makes HIM feel, but otherwise he doesn’t care. But whatever he raps or says is his OWN, unfiltered and pure. If his Fi was auxiliary his Ne would get in the way of that, so it’s Dominant Fi

4. "I thought I was being attacked, singled out..” - F, judging situations/criticism subjectively: “What does this mean about me…”

5. Eminem talks about Detroit/his past a lot. INFPs tend to be tied to their pasts because of their tertiary Si, more so than NFJs (who have Se, present/sensation-oriented) and ENFPs (Weaker Si).

6. "I was always good at English…” - INFPS tend to make good writers/poets. Eminem is a very emotional and artistic writer (bending words), true to INFP style. CS Lewis and Dr Seuss used similar tactics actually. 1. Fi considers aesthetics as much as Se. Look up InterPersonality on Youtube. 2. ISFPs wouldn't be half as adept with words. 3. SFs are more concrete and Eminem uses a lot of analogies, like "spaceship" "mockingbird" 4. "Not Afraid", "No Love" are songs reaching out to victims. Like INFP Lady Gaga, Eminem empathizes with and tries to help the underdog - strong Fi.

7. He doesn’t smile a lot. He has a very stoic face. Every emotion you see on an Fi’s face is what we want to show, not how we actually feel. (a la poker face, Kristen Stewart haha) But when we write/talk we speak out of our heart cause Fi values authenticity. "Frozen as snow, I show no emotion whatsoever..."

We feel very intensely… I can’t explain it. Some things can hurt you for life. It’s a dull, aching pain that never goes away. We need to express ourselves artistically, and that’s why so many (depressed/messed up) artists are INFPS. Van Gogh, Kurt Cobain. Even INFP JK Rowling is depression-prone.

Eminem is definitely a depressive person.

(INFPs are easily traumatized because we’re the most sensitive/idealistic out of all the idealists. We expect more and we can't help it. This makes us kind of self-righteous and disgusted with the world. "Blood suckin succubuses, what the fuck is up with this?")

Most of us, if not all of us, have self-confidence issues. Eminem repeatedly says that he has a low self-esteem. Money and fame wouldn’t change that because we’re too idealistic and people-oriented. The only thing that can really cure us is love, but real love, the kind we INFPs want/need, is freakishly difficult. It’s unconditional and everlasting. It’s too damn intense that it scares a lot of people away, even other romantics. There has to be one, only one real love. We have trouble accepting that the other person doesn’t see it this way, cause love is supposed to be forever. We idealize it, we want to work at it no matter what, while other normal, happier people don’t. This also goes for our core friendships. Friendships are forever. Ride or die. Period. Otherwise it's not authentic.

EG: 1. Kim Mathers
2. “I would follow my kids to the end of the earth, no money, nothing’ Hailey, etc.
3. Proof

I can’t really explain this either. You’d have to be one of us. When we love, it’s more than love. It’s supposed to be forever, even if it gets bad. “No matter how much we stab each other’s backs / we’ll have each other’s backs…” And we have trouble opening up to people so when we do... it's special. It's hard to replace. (see Kim Mathers) "you must be a sorceress/ Cause you just, did the impossible, gained my trust...."

He's a blatant INFP.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
said the INFP with one post.

MissyE

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think typing him is definitely a task. I agree with the idea that he's NF of some kind and just VERY angry about the things that life has thrown him. Definitely on the INFP bandwagon for him.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
said the infp with two posts.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he's ISFP 6w5>8w9>4w5 So/Sx (alternatively, I could see Sx/Sp)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
For some reason I'm thinking ESTJ. I've never been comfortable with his "coolness" because its not something I'm used to. I can't tell if its because he's not being genuine or if its just odd seeing ESTJ's be "cool."

He talks about how he will come up with lyrics and gets scatterbrained and forgets the lyrics quickly so he has to write them down somewhere, which sounds Ne to me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That is potentially one of the worst typings I've ever seen suggested for Eminem. Congratulations, [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION], really.

Have you ever seen 8 mile? Do you read the content of his lyrics? Also, I agree with the adamant 1 post INFP up there that he's got the Fi stoic face.

Except it's the face of an ISFP counterphobic 6w5.

And the only mistyping I currently find acceptable for him other than INFP is probably ISTP, but I think that people who think he's ISTP are looking way too much at his Se image/appearance and not at the content of his lyrics or how he lives his life.

People who believe ISTP (or god forbid ESTP) really buy into the Eminem/Slim Shady image and are not typing Marshall Mathers.

I

Infinite Bubble

eye-skincare.jpg
near___death_note_by_myrisenshadow-d4oq9uc.jpg
tehmanis.jpg
jay.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You seriously believe that?

Cool post, but wasted here, bien sur.

I

Infinite Bubble

It's simply an easier type to put pictures to than ISFP...

Seriously though, it's more viable for him than people think. It's plausible, especially looking at some of his more quiet interviews. Plus, perhaps what separates and differentiates him from the rest of the rappers is that the majority are SPs, and he is in fact not. I'm not saying he is an INTJ, but it's not too unlikely.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
That is potentially one of the worst typings I've ever seen suggested for Eminem. Congratulations, @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=10984" target="_blank">DJ Arendee</a>, really.

Have you ever seen 8 mile? Do you read the content of his lyrics? Also, I agree with the adamant 1 post INFP up there that he's got the Fi stoic face.

Except it's the face of an ISFP counterphobic 6w5.

And the only mistyping I currently find acceptable for him other than INFP is probably ISTP, but I think that people who think he's ISTP are looking way too much at his Se image/appearance and not at the content of his lyrics or how he lives his life.

People who believe ISTP (or god forbid ESTP) really buy into the Eminem/Slim Shady image and are not typing Marshall Mathers.

INFP/ESTJ have the same functions in reverse order.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "that's the worst possible typing" lol.

some guys in the socionics community typed him as LSE (ESTj). Its a little hard for me to see it at first but I can still see it.

Have you ever met an ESTJ? They're masters at talking fast. I would say they're THE BEST personality when it comes to talking fast and saying shit on the fly. When I was in the military, ESTJ's were the ones who were obsessed with the sound of their own voice. They have this quality where it sounds like they're surfing on the sound of their own voices.

Here's an example of the "voice surfing" I was talking about. Skip to about 0:44, lol.

Translate this talent over to rap and you've got a great rapper.

I

Infinite Bubble

He puts on an EST facade for his rapper persona. I think it's to stand up to others in the scene (who are mostly similar types to EST) and to keep up the image of a rapper.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
He puts on an EST facade for his rapper persona. I think it's to stand up to others in the scene (who are mostly similar types to EST) and to keep up the image of a rapper.

Its possible. I definitely see Ne though. Personalities can look like their complete opposite if they're in strange situations.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Eminem does not seem even remotely ESTJ to me -- speaking as an ESTJ, anyway. Firstly, he vibes 99% introverted. Secondly, I don't see any fast-talking working-of-the-audience that [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] described from the ESTJs he knows from the army.* I agree, speaking as an ESTJ, that oftentimes we go into Charmer Mode, savor our Ne, do some wordplay, i.e. when we're in a good mood and especially if the audience is responsive. But that mode sure as hell doesn't look like what Eminem does, imo. Dunno what Timothy Olyphant's type is, but it looks more like this interview with him on Chelsea Lately. (He banters almost exactly the same way that I do.)

I also agree with [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] about counterphobic 6. Counterphobic 6 and poorly developed Te** explain a WHOLE lot about his image, and the way he displays emotion in his more vulnerable songs. It also explains, in part, why he always looks less like he's cool and collected, and more like he's a fuse just waiting to find a match to light himself with.

*Yes, DJ, I know you were referring to rapping itself, as a discipline. But I don't buy into the whole your-type-makes-you-a-better-rapper thing -- and I DEFINITELY don't buy into Eminem's persona being the same as his type.

**I specify this because, as a Te-dom, I have a pretty easy time telling weaker Te use from stronger Te use. It's a lifestyle, for TJs, and just a way that we approach things, whereas it's a reactive tool used by the much more powerful Fi, in FPs. I don't see relaxed and confident use of Te in Eminem, at all. I see him using it as a tool to suit his Fi needs.

Nicki

Retired
The way Eminem uses cutting logic and criticism to attack people screams inferior Te.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The way Eminem uses cutting logic and criticism to attack people screams inferior Te.
Couldn't agree more. :) Just what I was trying to say earlier, but clearer and more concise.

RicPTmc

MBTI Type
DNA
Instinctual Variant
sx
Introverted
- he seems to do well alone while working (with fair Te)
Sensing
- he sees detail in stuff... does not waste time with information
Feeler
- sensitive enough - feels anger for the fear he fells. with eyes wide open in indignation (cultural) being a rapper etc... mostly reacting to "people" reaction to him... like "WTF!! they are so fucked" <- yet he has pressure from record industry to do his (feeler) work.
Perceiving
- he does not look like talks in charge of the operations - not concerned with objectives organized person - but does not spend time bullshiting wasting time too

"ISFP are activists"... FITS

so/so .. sp perhaps
Its not like he is constantly blunting of being a good lover or flirt < insert here what it means in MBTI > so he is sp so

Taking into account that most what one sees is scripted
Reference:

Has he a scripted life and presentation (fake) or not...? the veil unveils a bit here...

Well in this video the contrast is exageratedly evident...(see how they express themselves not what they are talking about per-se!!)

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
The way he deals with his past shows a big reference to his inner emotional world, family, etc. I'd say IxFP for sure, but I'm leaning more towards ISFP.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Iirc, most sites type him as ISFP. Of course, these sites are completely infallible.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp