• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"June the 3rd,2000: the day Eminem got into trouble with Douglas Dail from ICP and John Guerra, the man who kissed his ex wife Kim.
The events that happened this day caused Eminem's arrest and weapon and assault charges.
Prosecutors have charged Eminem with 2 felonies:

-carrying a concealed weapon without a license

-assault with a deadly weapon

Those circumstances could have lead him to 5 years jail sentencing.

In the summer of 2001, his legal troubles continued, as he was given probation on weapons charges that stemmed from an argument with an employee of Psychopathic Records, giving him a fine around $2,000 as well as several hours of community service.
9 months ago "

Have you ever met an STP??

Se Se Se Se Se

Se when insulted or threatened gets very territorial very quickly, and Ti in this case may consider violence a perfectly logical response to being slighted--"He started it."

Unless you intend to suggest that anyone willing to get into violent altercations over perceived insult is an F, which would strongly suggest that you don't know very many STPs.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Especially FPs who feel an emotional attachment to that particular artist's music. "OMG I LOVE HIS SONGS, I JUST KNOW WE ARE SOULMATES!!" :doh:

You say some really dumb shit sometimes.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You say some really dumb shit sometimes.

Read the thread. That was literally SillySapienne's claim--"Eminem must be Fi because I really identify with his songs."

I hope I don't need to point out why this belief might lead to some rather erroneous conclusions.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Have you ever met an STP??

Se Se Se Se Se

Se when insulted or threatened gets very territorial very quickly, and Ti in this case may consider violence a perfectly logical response to being slighted--"He started it."

Unless you intend to suggest that anyone willing to get into violent altercations over perceived insult is an F, which would strongly suggest that you don't know very many STPs.

Yes, I've known several, but more importantly, actually I believe I may have dated an ESTP for five years. I actually want to know because he was highly irrational and violent. I thought he was an F type because he seemingly had no control over his emotions and "loved" obsessively. So, I'm actually digging for information here.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I've known several, but more importantly, actually I believe I may have dated an ESTP for five years. I actually want to know because he was highly irrational and violent. I thought he was an F type because he seemingly had no control over his emotions and "loved" obsessively. So, I'm actually digging for information here.

So you have several years direct personal experience with a violently irrational STP and you're using the fact that Eminem sometimes behaves violently and irrationally to suggest that he's an F type?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you have several years direct personal experience with a violently irrational STP and you're using the fact that Eminem sometimes behaves violently and irrationally to suggest that he's an F type?

Are you purposely being obtuse? What I'm trying to ascertain is is my ex an STP?

I'm trying to learn through association. I initially thought my ex was an F, but the more I learn about MBTI, the more I think he's ESTP. I'm still gathering information and trying to learn.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you purposely being obtuse? What I'm trying to ascertain is is my ex an STP?

I'm trying to learn through association. I initially thought my ex was an F, but the more I learn about MBTI, the more I think he's ESTP. I'm still gathering information and trying to learn.

I don't know; wall post or PM me some more information about your ex if you want to hear my guesses on that.

I just got confused because you seemed to be promoting an argument for Eminem as an F based on the fact that he behaves irrationally (from your perspective) in his life outside the music.

I guess you changed perspectives mid-stream there, which is fine, but a little confusing.

Mipp

MBTI Type
INTP
Especially FPs who feel an emotional attachment to that particular artist's music. "OMG I LOVE HIS SONGS, I JUST KNOW WE ARE SOULMATES!!" :doh:

I am not a Fi type at all -- I am an INTP -- and I believe that Eminem is some sort of Fi type.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just got confused because you seemed to be promoting an argument for Eminem as an F based on the fact that he behaves irrationally (from your perspective) in his life outside the music.

I asked a question. I really want to know.

...but wouldn't a T behave in a more rational manner outside of his art?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not a Fi type at all -- I am an INTP -- and I believe that Eminem is some sort of Fi type.

And thankfully you've managed to avoid being rude to anyone in all 8 of your posts here thus far.

Anyway though, Fi types aren't the only ones who think that--some of them just tend to lose focus when typing their favorite musicians and assume that the ones whose music they feel the biggest attachment to must have similar psychological profiles to them. I can see why it's comforting to believe this, but there's not really a rational reason for it.

That's all I meant by that. INTPs are perfectly capable of mistyping people too; they just do it for different reasons. :D

I asked a question. I really want to know.

I see. Well, the answer is no, not necessarily, because "rational" is a relative term that depends on your functional focus. What Fi says is rational is quite another thing from what Ti under the influence of Se's territorial aggression says about it.

No matter who you are, you'll find people from all types (and even from your own type) doing things that seem irrational to you. It's hard to pin down this term enough to use it as a sort of litmus test for T vs. F types.

When pushed too far, Ts will sometimes lapse into the grip of tertiary or inferior F functions, which will respond even more childishly and with less awareness of context than the standard "emotional response" from an F type. Granted, they don't do this very often, but when they do it's ugly. For example, an ESTP when he believes he's been intentionally publicly insulted (how rude!) for no logical reason (how incorrect!)--Fe's smaller influence sets off an Se response.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SW why are you so bent on Eminem being a T? You know well that Eminem could be an F type and would certainly lean towards Fi then Fe. You said that you could be inclined to believe he's an ISFP if not ISTP.
I'll state that Eminem does not show a fair more deal of Ti then what Fi shows for him. He leans towards psychology which I believe revolves more around Fi then Ti in which Ti would revolve more around logical thought.

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
Congratulations, sim. I would’ve given up a long time ago.

I was thinking that Mike Tyson must also be an irrational-behaving FP.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SW why are you so bent on Eminem being a T? You know well that Eminem could be an F type and would certainly lean towards Fi then Fe. You said that you could be inclined to believe he's an ISFP if not ISTP.
I'll state that Eminem does not show a fair more deal of Ti then what Fi shows for him. He leans towards psychology which I believe revolves more around Fi then Ti in which Ti would revolve more around logical thought.

You just made the same argument as the last guy, so I don't see a reason to refute it again.

Fecal McAngry

And you're wrong. But hey--join the crowd. Whatever you do, don't read a few interviews and pay attention to the functions he is actually using...

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You just made the same argument as the last guy, so I don't see a reason to refute it again.
So if Eminem seems to use more Fi then Ti then why do you refuse to believe he is Fi?

Fecal McAngry

So if Eminem seems to use more Fi then Ti then why do you refuse to believe he is Fi?

Because he DOESN'T USE Fi very much at all. He's an ISTP. Read his interviews, bub, and what do you see? Concrete perceptions of reality informed by use of situational logic. That's how STPs talk. It is not how FPs talk.

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS ACTUALLY THERE.