User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 3947484950 Last

Thread: Eminem?

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Okay, well I'm not sure I know enough ISFPs or ISTPs in my personal life to be able to make a comparison. And I can't say I've got enough insight to tell whether he displays inferior Fe, or Te, or what. I guess it comes down to my instinct. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    Again, "flights of fancy and imagination" can be observed across types. It comes down to preference: what is dominant, what is the consistent pattern. Who's to say, for certain, when it comes to a temperamental and reclusive recording artist such as Eminem, but based on his output, he seems to display strong expression of ISTP over ISFP or XNFX.

Sensors express dominant preference for sensory information and experience. XSXP is the most likely to focus on the present. XNXP can also focus on the present in similar ways, but IME XNXPs are less in the body than XSXPs; they are less able to keep pace with the XSXP's in-the-moment adaptability and general stamina.

Hard-luck stories and hating one's mother isn't type-related, and definitely not attributable to N/S. As for romanticizing things, that can be a lot different things defined in multiple ways, depending on who's defining it. Need more info.
    I know that, that was my point. Aren't infps more likely to sort of dwell on the past, and romanticize things so much? i guess it's sort of an fi-si loop, though. I just sort of see them doing that more often. But then, I am more surprised that he never really goes off into any sort of tangents, or weird flights of fancy. He seems pretty grounded. I mean, he can be a little fanciful, but never as a main focus. But he can be really off the wall, and wacky at times, which seems kinda Ne to be honest.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Isn't this kind of Ne? it's just random connections and pop culture references. It's soooooooooo random.
    I guess he's making fun of the media, and child molesters, though, lol.

Actually come to think of it, he's quite a bit more out there then most rappers, and hip-hop artists are, I think.
    But I never thought you could really go completely off his work to type him because he is so mainstream, I have always imagined his work was very produced and tightly managed. Or at least, it always seemed to me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Even this video. Look at how uncomfortable Dre looks throughout the whole thing; he's just really weird. "F**k you, Debbie!"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Some little weird coincidence I have noticed...

Kurt made many re-occuring references to his personal life in his work; and this video for example, the janitor symbolizes the time Kurt himself actually worked as a janitor, at the school he used to go to high school to.

In Eminem's music videos, I think often times, there is, or at least in the "without me" video, a little blonde kid, who is supposed to represent himself I think, and the mother is clearly supposed to be his mom. I think that's what he references the most. He always references his mother for some strange reason. Amongst other things I am sure. So see, I think this is something infp's do a lot.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    I know that, that was my point. Aren't infps more likely to sort of dwell on the past, and romanticize things so much? i guess it's sort of an fi-si loop, though. I just sort of see them doing that more often. But then, I am more surprised that he never really goes off into any sort of tangents, or weird flights of fancy. He seems pretty grounded. I mean, he can be a little fanciful, but never as a main focus. But he can be really off the wall, and wacky at times, which seems kinda Ne to be honest.
    Yeah, I'm still not sold on INFP for Eminem. Ne randomness is much more, as you say, "weird flights of fancy". There isn't much here to indicate that Eminem displays Ne in the way we understand Ne to be. It's creative, sure, but it lacks that inventive, innovative edge of Ne.

Isn't this kind of Ne? it's just random connections and pop culture references. It's soooooooooo random.
    I guess he's making fun of the media, and child molesters, though, lol.

Actually come to think of it, he's quite a bit more out there then most rappers, and hip-hop artists are, I think.
    But I never thought you could really go completely off his work to type him because he is so mainstream, I have always imagined his work was very produced and tightly managed. Or at least, it always seemed to me.
    It seems random but I don't know that the 'randomness' in this video quite fits Ne random. It's making connections and poking fun, but aside from the wacky, cartoonish vibe I don't know if it's something that can be considered fresh or innovative. Agreed that you can't go off his music videos alone, because there's a team involved; I'm sure there was an artistic director(s) who contributed.

Some little weird coincidence I have noticed...

Kurt made many re-occuring references to his personal life in his work; and this video for example, the janitor symbolizes the time Kurt himself actually worked as a janitor, at the school he used to go to high school to.

In Eminem's music videos, I think often times, there is, or at least in the "without me" video, a little blonde kid, who is supposed to represent himself I think, and the mother is clearly supposed to be his mom. I think that's what he references the most. He always references his mother for some strange reason. Amongst other things I am sure. So see, I think this is something infp's do a lot.

Artists and non-artists of all stripes 'self-represent' via alter-egos, and who doesn't have a mother issue in one form or another? This is way too common and ubiquitous to be attributed to INFP. Not type-related.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

@windoverlake

I guess...

I'm not really sure; I am honestly not that big of a fan of Eminem and think he is overrated. Everyone seems to love him, but eh, how is he even that much of a real artist? you might as well just call him a pop-star.

You know, he's the "every-man" representin' all the middle class suburban white guys, despite supposedly coming from the "hood' or something. I guess everyone needs to feel hard.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    Yeah, I'm still not sold on INFP for Eminem. Ne randomness is much more, as you say, "weird flights of fancy". There isn't much here to indicate that Eminem displays Ne in the way we understand Ne to be. It's creative, sure, but it lacks that inventive, innovative edge of Ne.
    He created a whole alter ego for himself! (slim shady). This allowed him to say the most outrageous things, and invent scenarios where he could commit horrendous crimes and generally act out sick fantasies (on tape). Pretty inventive.

Also, he's said in interviews that though he was bad in school, he loved English. And he was obsessed with comics as a child, and drew loads of his own. To me, wanting to disappear into a cartoon world suggests INFP. Or at least ISFP with strong N tendencies.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tommyc View Post
    He created a whole alter ego for himself! (slim shady). This allowed him to say the most outrageous things, and invent scenarios where he could commit horrendous crimes and generally act out sick fantasies (on tape). Pretty inventive.
    Eminem is very smart, clever, and immensely creative. But I don't consider his body of work to be inventive; he has an amazing facility and talent for language, but I don't think he's contributed anything 'new' to the overall 'language' of art. My understanding of 'inventive' is one that has to alter my own perception, so where others might see inventiveness, I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyc View Post
    Also, he's said in interviews that though he was bad in school, he loved English. And he was obsessed with comics as a child, and drew loads of his own. To me, wanting to disappear into a cartoon world suggests INFP. Or at least ISFP with strong N tendencies.
    None of these things you listed are exclusive to INFP or ISFP.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

okay, looks like I ain't gonna convince you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :)
  • :hi:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D