User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: Eminem?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post

I don't know enough about Eminem to type him yet, but I don't think he's an NT.
    I can see ISTP. Don't think he's an N.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

I reckon INFP. He's very imaginative, loves playing different characters, doing voices etc. Weird comparison but he kinda reminds me of Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. Also (obviously) very skilled at wordplay, putting together rhyming schemes. This would fit with INFP. I don't think INFJ because there's no overarching goal to his life and work. I don't think extrovert because he seems to use his music to express himself, in interviews he's really quiet.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Oi! He's an ISFP social/sexual 6, imo.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

what makes you think S rather than N? Surely his intuitive ability to put together rhyming schemes that no-one else would think of suggests an N? It's not a conscious process, his rapping. It's instinctive. If you look at his early freestyles, he's improvising so quick. I can't see how you'd do that unless it was an intuitive process. (imo)

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tommyc View Post
    what makes you think S rather than N? Surely his intuitive ability to put together rhyming schemes that no-one else would think of suggests an N? It's not a conscious process, his rapping. It's instinctive. If you look at his early freestyles, he's improvising so quick. I can't see how you'd do that unless it was an intuitive process. (imo)
    ISXP has Ni in Tertiary so their Ni process can actually seem like "not a conscious process" and "instinctive". Besides which, improvising isn't strictly in the domain of iNtuitives and can generally/easily be observed in XXXP types.
    Likes Boogie man liked this post

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

I guess it's just his flights of fancy and imagination lead me to believe he's more of an idealist than a realist. And I was under the impression ISFP's are characterised by their warmth and homeliness (ie Michael Jackson). Although you could argue he's scarred by his upbringing. But then so was Jackson

hEARTLESS Aenima Array Blackout's Avatar
    MBTI
    ???
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

Wouldn't an S focus more on the present, though

he doesn't just focus on the present, or the experience of things, and he also tends to sort of romanticize things. Most of his work seems to be about hard-luck stories, though don't they? ro how much he hates his mother.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

I guess it's just his flights of fancy and imagination lead me to believe he's more of an idealist than a realist. And I was under the impression ISFP's are characterised by their warmth and homeliness (ie Michael Jackson). Although you could argue he's scarred by his upbringing. But then so was Jackson
    Again, "flights of fancy and imagination" can be observed across types. It comes down to preference: what is dominant, what is the consistent pattern. Who's to say, for certain, when it comes to a temperamental and reclusive recording artist such as Eminem, but based on his output, he seems to display strong expression of ISTP over ISFP or XNFX.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Wouldn't an S focus more on the present, though

he doesn't just focus on the present, or the experience of things, and he also tends to sort of romanticize things. Most of his work seems to be about hard-luck stories, though don't they? ro how much he hates his mother.
    Sensors express dominant preference for sensory information and experience. XSXP is the most likely to focus on the present. XNXP can also focus on the present in similar ways, but IME XNXPs are less in the body than XSXPs; they are less able to keep pace with the XSXP's in-the-moment adaptability and general stamina.

Hard-luck stories and hating one's mother isn't type-related, and definitely not attributable to N/S. As for romanticizing things, that can be a lot different things defined in multiple ways, depending on who's defining it. Need more info.
    Likes Boogie man liked this post

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    Again, "flights of fancy and imagination" can be observed across types. It comes down to preference: what is dominant, what is the consistent pattern.
    Exactly, and I'd argue his music suggests that his idealist side is dominant. But then, thinking about it, he does talk about stuff going on in the present, if not in a realistic fashion particularly.

I'd be willing to accept ISFP, I can see that. Can't quite see ISTP though. He's far too emotion-based. His whole artistic trajectory has been based on the ups and downs of his emotions.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Exactly, and I'd argue his music suggests that his idealist side is dominant. But then, thinking about it, he does talk about stuff going on in the present, if not in a realistic fashion particularly.

I'd be willing to accept ISFP, I can see that. Can't quite see ISTP though. He's far too emotion-based. His whole artistic trajectory has been based on the ups and downs of his emotions.
    Yes, that's true, his work is emotion-based. But Eminem doesn't quite fit ISFP for me, insofar as I know ISFPs. ISTP seems most likely because Eminem has displayed more evidence pointing to inferior Fe than inferior Te, in my observation.

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast