User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 344243444546 Last

Thread: Eminem?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    That is potentially one of the worst typings I've ever seen suggested for Eminem. Congratulations, @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=10984" target="_blank">DJ Arendee</a>, really.

Have you ever seen 8 mile? Do you read the content of his lyrics? Also, I agree with the adamant 1 post INFP up there that he's got the Fi stoic face.

Except it's the face of an ISFP counterphobic 6w5.

And the only mistyping I currently find acceptable for him other than INFP is probably ISTP, but I think that people who think he's ISTP are looking way too much at his Se image/appearance and not at the content of his lyrics or how he lives his life.

People who believe ISTP (or god forbid ESTP) really buy into the Eminem/Slim Shady image and are not typing Marshall Mathers.
    INFP/ESTJ have the same functions in reverse order.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "that's the worst possible typing" lol.

some guys in the socionics community typed him as LSE (ESTj). Its a little hard for me to see it at first but I can still see it.

Have you ever met an ESTJ? They're masters at talking fast. I would say they're THE BEST personality when it comes to talking fast and saying shit on the fly. When I was in the military, ESTJ's were the ones who were obsessed with the sound of their own voice. They have this quality where it sounds like they're surfing on the sound of their own voices.

Here's an example of the "voice surfing" I was talking about. Skip to about 0:44, lol.

Translate this talent over to rap and you've got a great rapper.

Infinite Bubble

He puts on an EST facade for his rapper persona. I think it's to stand up to others in the scene (who are mostly similar types to EST) and to keep up the image of a rapper.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    He puts on an EST facade for his rapper persona. I think it's to stand up to others in the scene (who are mostly similar types to EST) and to keep up the image of a rapper.
    Its possible. I definitely see Ne though. Personalities can look like their complete opposite if they're in strange situations.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Eminem does not seem even remotely ESTJ to me -- speaking as an ESTJ, anyway. Firstly, he vibes 99% introverted. Secondly, I don't see any fast-talking working-of-the-audience that @DJ Arendee described from the ESTJs he knows from the army.* I agree, speaking as an ESTJ, that oftentimes we go into Charmer Mode, savor our Ne, do some wordplay, i.e. when we're in a good mood and especially if the audience is responsive. But that mode sure as hell doesn't look like what Eminem does, imo. Dunno what Timothy Olyphant's type is, but it looks more like this interview with him on Chelsea Lately. (He banters almost exactly the same way that I do.)

I also agree with @Marmotini about counterphobic 6. Counterphobic 6 and poorly developed Te** explain a WHOLE lot about his image, and the way he displays emotion in his more vulnerable songs. It also explains, in part, why he always looks less like he's cool and collected, and more like he's a fuse just waiting to find a match to light himself with.

*Yes, DJ, I know you were referring to rapping itself, as a discipline. But I don't buy into the whole your-type-makes-you-a-better-rapper thing -- and I DEFINITELY don't buy into Eminem's persona being the same as his type.

**I specify this because, as a Te-dom, I have a pretty easy time telling weaker Te use from stronger Te use. It's a lifestyle, for TJs, and just a way that we approach things, whereas it's a reactive tool used by the much more powerful Fi, in FPs. I don't see relaxed and confident use of Te in Eminem, at all. I see him using it as a tool to suit his Fi needs.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

The way Eminem uses cutting logic and criticism to attack people screams inferior Te.
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    The way Eminem uses cutting logic and criticism to attack people screams inferior Te.
    Couldn't agree more. Just what I was trying to say earlier, but clearer and more concise.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    DNA
    Socionics
    so

Introverted
    - he seems to do well alone while working (with fair Te)
    Sensing
    - he sees detail in stuff... does not waste time with information
    Feeler
    - sensitive enough - feels anger for the fear he fells. with eyes wide open in indignation (cultural) being a rapper etc... mostly reacting to "people" reaction to him... like "WTF!! they are so fucked" <- yet he has pressure from record industry to do his (feeler) work.
    Perceiving
    - he does not look like talks in charge of the operations - not concerned with objectives organized person - but does not spend time bullshiting wasting time too

"ISFP are activists"... FITS

so/so .. sp perhaps
    Its not like he is constantly blunting of being a good lover or flirt < insert here what it means in MBTI > so he is sp so

Taking into account that most what one sees is scripted
    Reference:

Has he a scripted life and presentation (fake) or not...? the veil unveils a bit here...

Well in this video the contrast is exageratedly evident...(see how they express themselves not what they are talking about per-se!!)
    LIFE is the expression of SELF within and as Oneness and Equality

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

The way he deals with his past shows a big reference to his inner emotional world, family, etc. I'd say IxFP for sure, but I'm leaning more towards ISFP.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Iirc, most sites type him as ISFP. Of course, these sites are completely infallible.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

isfp
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison