Eminem is an INFP!
The more I watch him and read about him the more sure of this I am… We have the same weaknesses and strengths, even though he’s a lot more mature/balanced than I am. He’s also more unhealthy than I am but I’m just as verbally violent as he is. We’re generally easygoing and loving, but we can switch it off and become hard, angry ESTJs, a typical rapper/general/cold-hearted type. Eminem is a heavier ESTJ because he’s male and a rapper and needs the switch on more than I do.
1. He’s angry and bitter because he’s a soft idealist at heart, and Kim broke it. Not sure who else did, she’s the only one who comes to mind. NF
2. He was fixated on Kim for a long time (20+ years?) which is intensely idealistic. He has trouble moving on and falling in love quickly. He understands it’s irrational, but he generalizes women as cheating, scheming whores to get over his pain. He becomes a violent, cold-hearted misogynist ESTJ to cope INFP (ENFPs would withdraw and become ISTJs, criticizing peoples' actions rather than character)
3. He doesn’t care how his music makes other people feel. They’re expressions of how HE feels. He’s affected when other people attack his lyrics, because of how it makes HIM feel, but otherwise he doesn’t care. But whatever he raps or says is his OWN, unfiltered and pure. If his Fi was auxiliary his Ne would get in the way of that, so it’s Dominant Fi
4. "I thought I was being attacked, singled out..” - F, judging situations/criticism subjectively: “What does this mean about me…”
5. Eminem talks about Detroit/his past a lot. INFPs tend to be tied to their pasts because of their tertiary Si, more so than NFJs (who have Se, present/sensation-oriented) and ENFPs (Weaker Si).
6. "I was always good at English…” - INFPS tend to make good writers/poets. Eminem is a very emotional and artistic writer (bending words), true to INFP style. CS Lewis and Dr Seuss used similar tactics actually. 1. Fi considers aesthetics as much as Se. Look up InterPersonality on Youtube. 2. ISFPs wouldn't be half as adept with words. 3. SFs are more concrete and Eminem uses a lot of analogies, like "spaceship" "mockingbird" 4. "Not Afraid", "No Love" are songs reaching out to victims. Like INFP Lady Gaga, Eminem empathizes with and tries to help the underdog - strong Fi.
7. He doesn’t smile a lot. He has a very stoic face. Every emotion you see on an Fi’s face is what we want to show, not how we actually feel. (a la poker face, Kristen Stewart haha) But when we write/talk we speak out of our heart cause Fi values authenticity. "Frozen as snow, I show no emotion whatsoever..."
We feel very intensely… I can’t explain it. Some things can hurt you for life. It’s a dull, aching pain that never goes away. We need to express ourselves artistically, and that’s why so many (depressed/messed up) artists are INFPS. Van Gogh, Kurt Cobain. Even INFP JK Rowling is depression-prone.
Eminem is definitely a depressive person.
(INFPs are easily traumatized because we’re the most sensitive/idealistic out of all the idealists. We expect more and we can't help it. This makes us kind of self-righteous and disgusted with the world. "Blood suckin succubuses, what the fuck is up with this?")
Most of us, if not all of us, have self-confidence issues. Eminem repeatedly says that he has a low self-esteem. Money and fame wouldn’t change that because we’re too idealistic and people-oriented. The only thing that can really cure us is love, but real love, the kind we INFPs want/need, is freakishly difficult. It’s unconditional and everlasting. It’s too damn intense that it scares a lot of people away, even other romantics. There has to be one, only one real love. We have trouble accepting that the other person doesn’t see it this way, cause love is supposed to be forever. We idealize it, we want to work at it no matter what, while other normal, happier people don’t. This also goes for our core friendships. Friendships are forever. Ride or die. Period. Otherwise it's not authentic.
EG: 1. Kim Mathers
2. “I would follow my kids to the end of the earth, no money, nothing’ Hailey, etc.
I can’t really explain this either. You’d have to be one of us. When we love, it’s more than love. It’s supposed to be forever, even if it gets bad. “No matter how much we stab each other’s backs / we’ll have each other’s backs…” And we have trouble opening up to people so when we do... it's special. It's hard to replace. (see Kim Mathers) "you must be a sorceress/ Cause you just, did the impossible, gained my trust...."
He's a blatant INFP.