User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 497

Thread: Eminem?

  1. #341
    Listening Array Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Because he DOESN'T USE Fi very much at all. He's an ISTP. Read his interviews, bub, and what do you see? Concrete perceptions of reality informed by use of situational logic. That's how STPs talk. It is not how FPs talk.

    PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS ACTUALLY THERE.
    Well I've seen a few of them. But have you counted the possibility that he is only acting that way as it would portray him as stronger and more independent. Not as an emotional wreck. It's a public setting and therefore you won't find him projecting his true manner. Though yes, I do not discredit that he may be an ISTP as it is also a possibility. There are much too many possibilities that can be hidden underneath what we perceive. I do not want to take things at face value.

  2. #342
    Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Well I've seen a few of them. But have you counted the possibility that he is only acting that way as it would portray him as stronger and more independent. Not as an emotional wreck. It's a public setting and therefore you won't find him projecting his true manner. Though yes, I do not discredit that he may be an ISTP as it is also a possibility. There are much too many possibilities that can be hidden underneath what we perceive. I do not want to take things at face value.
    I have met Ts who are emotional wrecks.

    This doesn't turn them into Fs.

    Hell, for all we know Eminem is an ENFJ who's learned exceptionally well to imitate ISTPs. All of this is technically possible, but we have no evidence to suggest that he's constantly acting in a totally contrived way in every public appearance--not to mention this is true of anyone we're trying to type. "Everything he does appears ISTP but what if he's really an ENFJ who's amazingly good at [and inexplicably interested in] acting like an ISTP??" doesn't seem likely enough to warrant serious consideration.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #343
    Listening Array Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I have met Ts who are emotional wrecks.

    This doesn't turn them into Fs.
    I have met Fs who are logical geniuses.

    That doesn't turn them into Ts.

  4. #344
    Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I have met Fs who are logical geniuses.

    That doesn't turn them into Ts.
    Great, now perhaps we can drop the whole "he shows emotion in his music/has emotional difficulties in real life so he must be an F" thing.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  5. #345
    Listening Array Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Hell, for all we know Eminem is an ENFJ who's learned exceptionally well to imitate ISTPs. All of this is technically possible, but we have no evidence to suggest that he's constantly acting in a totally contrived way in every public appearance--not to mention this is true of anyone we're trying to type. "Everything he does appears ISTP but what if he's really an ENFJ who's amazingly good at [and inexplicably interested in] acting like an ISTP??" doesn't seem likely enough to warrant serious consideration.
    Anything is possible. This is why I don't discredit your idea that Eminem is a T but at the same time I don't discredit he is an F.

  6. #346
    Listening Array Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Great, now perhaps we can drop the whole "he shows emotion in his music/has emotional difficulties in real life so he must be an F" thing.
    Fair.

  7. #347
    Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Anything is possible. This is why I don't discredit your idea that Eminem is a T but at the same time I don't discredit he is an F.
    Well I don't completely discredit either position either--how could I? I've never met the man and typology itself is subjective in the first place.

    All of that is understood and implied when we discuss typing celebrities (or anybody at all, for that matter.) I don't see any particular point in reminding everyone that nothing can be conclusively decided--isn't that par for course with typology?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  8. #348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Well I've seen a few of them. But have you counted the possibility that he is only acting that way as it would portray him as stronger and more independent. Not as an emotional wreck. It's a public setting and therefore you won't find him projecting his true manner. Though yes, I do not discredit that he may be an ISTP as it is also a possibility. There are much too many possibilities that can be hidden underneath what we perceive. I do not want to take things at face value.
    I am open to the possibility that Eminem is an INFP from the planet Kloombuwatoo, and that he is actually an 18-foot tall insect-like creature with 44 legs who eats by vomiting digestive juices on the 56 lbs of raw meat he consumes on an average day, and then slurping the vomitus up and into his 9 stomachs by means of his hooded snout. I am open to the possibility that he only assumes human ISTP form for interviews, videos, VMAs, recording sessions and when banging Mariah Carrey.

    That's just not the way I'd bet.

  9. #349
    Listening Array Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Well I don't completely discredit either position either--how could I? I've never met the man and typology itself is subjective in the first place.

    All of that is understood and implied when we discuss typing celebrities (or anybody at all, for that matter.) I don't see any particular point in reminding everyone that nothing can be conclusively decided--isn't that par for course with typology?
    True. Since we cannot come up with a proper type it is futile to try and type anyone without sufficient proof of the reality of that person. And this is why we have to look at all different perspectives when typing someone and look underneath what we believe is underneath. And even then we won't find it without sufficient proof. We will endlessly discuss the possibilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    I am open to the possibility that Eminem is an INFP from the planet Kloombuwatoo, and that he is actually an 18-foot tall insect-like creature with 44 legs who eats by vomiting digestive juices on the 56 lbs of raw meat he consumes on an average day, and then slurping the vomitus up and into his 9 stomachs by means of his hooded snout. I am open to the possibility that he only assumes human ISTP form for interviews, videos, VMAs, recording sessions and when banging Mariah Carrey.

    That's just not the way I'd bet.
    Then you could be about as narrow visioned as an ant moving through his tunnels whether or not you have a limitless imagination. I'm not saying Eminem is an INFP. It could be farfetched but to put it to such an abstract form to make it equal impossible makes me think the first sentence of this little paragraph.

  10. #350
    Senior Member Array GirlFromMars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    329

    Default

    I think everyone should get on Twitter, continuously tweet Eminem, demanding he takes a test and post his results.

    This irrational F wins.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Eminem vs. Jay-Z
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 02:03 AM
  2. Eminem - A modern day Hamlet?
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 08:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •