User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 24323334353644 Last

Thread: Eminem?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mipp View Post
    I am not a Fi type at all -- I am an INTP -- and I believe that Eminem is some sort of Fi type.
    And thankfully you've managed to avoid being rude to anyone in all 8 of your posts here thus far.

Anyway though, Fi types aren't the only ones who think that--some of them just tend to lose focus when typing their favorite musicians and assume that the ones whose music they feel the biggest attachment to must have similar psychological profiles to them. I can see why it's comforting to believe this, but there's not really a rational reason for it.

That's all I meant by that. INTPs are perfectly capable of mistyping people too; they just do it for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I asked a question. I really want to know.
    I see. Well, the answer is no, not necessarily, because "rational" is a relative term that depends on your functional focus. What Fi says is rational is quite another thing from what Ti under the influence of Se's territorial aggression says about it.

No matter who you are, you'll find people from all types (and even from your own type) doing things that seem irrational to you. It's hard to pin down this term enough to use it as a sort of litmus test for T vs. F types.

When pushed too far, Ts will sometimes lapse into the grip of tertiary or inferior F functions, which will respond even more childishly and with less awareness of context than the standard "emotional response" from an F type. Granted, they don't do this very often, but when they do it's ugly. For example, an ESTP when he believes he's been intentionally publicly insulted (how rude!) for no logical reason (how incorrect!)--Fe's smaller influence sets off an Se response.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

SW why are you so bent on Eminem being a T? You know well that Eminem could be an F type and would certainly lean towards Fi then Fe. You said that you could be inclined to believe he's an ISFP if not ISTP.
    I'll state that Eminem does not show a fair more deal of Ti then what Fi shows for him. He leans towards psychology which I believe revolves more around Fi then Ti in which Ti would revolve more around logical thought.

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Congratulations, sim. I would’ve given up a long time ago.

I was thinking that Mike Tyson must also be an irrational-behaving FP.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the case—then it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. –Thomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    SW why are you so bent on Eminem being a T? You know well that Eminem could be an F type and would certainly lean towards Fi then Fe. You said that you could be inclined to believe he's an ISFP if not ISTP.
    I'll state that Eminem does not show a fair more deal of Ti then what Fi shows for him. He leans towards psychology which I believe revolves more around Fi then Ti in which Ti would revolve more around logical thought.
    You just made the same argument as the last guy, so I don't see a reason to refute it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mipp View Post
    I am not a Fi type at all -- I am an INTP -- and I believe that Eminem is some sort of Fi type.
    And you're wrong. But hey--join the crowd. Whatever you do, don't read a few interviews and pay attention to the functions he is actually using...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You just made the same argument as the last guy, so I don't see a reason to refute it again.
    So if Eminem seems to use more Fi then Ti then why do you refuse to believe he is Fi?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

So if Eminem seems to use more Fi then Ti then why do you refuse to believe he is Fi?
    Um, because I don't think he uses more Fi than Ti. I don't think he uses any Fi at all.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Um, because I don't think he uses more Fi than Ti. I don't think he uses any Fi at all.
    Why?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Why?
    Reread the thread.

Because he DOESN'T USE Fi very much at all. He's an ISTP. Read his interviews, bub, and what do you see? Concrete perceptions of reality informed by use of situational logic. That's how STPs talk. It is not how FPs talk.

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS ACTUALLY THERE.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)