User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 21293031323341 Last

Thread: Eminem?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I have always hated Rap music, until I saw Eminem. I knew that kid was different the moment I laid eyes on him.
    He has a unique ability to get words to rhyme that one wouldn't normally think of.
    His delivery is excellent.
    Agreed. Hey, why are you in yellow?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Ok... yeah.. I'm just here to say that he's not an INTJ.

kthxbye
    Why is he not INTJ?
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleboy View Post
    Why is he not INTJ?
    Watch the posted interviews; Se is pretty clearly one of his primary functions.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Can you explain how?

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Eminem is type FAIL

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    my claim i'm INTP? why is it "my" claim? did I say that's my claim, that I'm INTP? I only listen to the tests, son!! the test tells me all I need to know about myself
    You've labeled you're type as INTP.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    awww, where'd you go troll boy? I was hoping you could rag on "my claim" that I was born in the month of May, because all information we relate to others on a message board MUST obviously, nay logically, be personalized claims we ought to be able to substantiate. Right?
    So are you really INTP?

Step 1) Close this forum.

Step 2) Open your browser.

Step 3) Type "www.intpcentral.com"

Step 4) Don't ever come back here.

There's only two more forums that I'll register on. The INTJ forum and Personality Cafe. I'm too distracted to be on those forums .

Trust me, there's about 5,000 other INTPs who share this exact attitude with you (along with your presumable social ineptitude and generally obnoxious disposition.)

Seriously, nobody here is going to like you, but you'll fit in perfectly over there.
    They didn't like me on INTPCentral. It's no reason to permanently ban someone.

My browser is already open, I won't trust you. And it's not serious.

There's only two more MBTI forums that I'll register for. The INTJ forum and Personality Cafe. But I'm too distracted to be on those forums .

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    He was there before he came here. He got banned.
    I'd like it if you'd mind only your own business.

Wow, go fucking figure. What a little bitch.
    Yeah, fuck me. What a fucking bitch I always am.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Miserable View Post
    You've labeled you're type as INTP.

So are you really INTP?

They didn't like me on INTPCentral. It's no reason to permanently ban someone.

My browser is already open, I won't trust you. And it's not serious.

There's only two more MBTI forums that I'll register for. The INTJ forum and Personality Cafe. But I'm too distracted to be on those forums .

I'd like it if you'd mind only your own business.

Yeah, fuck me. What a fucking bitch I always am.
    Anyone uttering himself about a subject he even admittedly didn't open a book on, shouldn't be worth your bile. Save it for someone worthy.
    What are we left with then? Is anyone in doubt he's a thinker? Or an introvert?
    Last edited by Bubbleboy; 12-31-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: merge
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    INFP

I strongly think Eminem is an INF. Probably not what people would think just looking at the surface, but a few years ago I was huge on him. I still love him now, but when I was a teenager I was like fanatic over him. I know a lot about him, seen countless interviews etc. I've always found him to be really interesting. When I look deeper into him/his lyrics, I really see INF. I'm not entirely sure on J or P. I've heard he's very structured and orderly in some ways. When you look at songs like Mosh, White America, and quite a lot of others, you'll see he kinds of feel VERY strongly about a few certain things. War and Politics stuff, parenting, etc. He has this "wanting to change the world" vibe about him, but just goes about it in an interesting manner.

And the way he goes off into a total fantasy, cartoon-like world in some of his songs. For example one called Brain Damage - he takes something that really happend to him (being bullied and beaten) and totally blow it up into this obscene thing. A lot of people might think he's a T, but I think he's infact very F. It's so obvious a lot of the time. I think he's a wounded, confused, perhaps immature in ways (but also very intelligent and witty!), INFx. And I think he's either a 4 or a 5. Probably 4w5 or 5w4.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromMars View Post
    I strongly think Eminem is an INF. Probably not what people would think just looking at the surface, but a few years ago I was huge on him. I still love him now, but when I was a teenager I was like fanatic over him. I know a lot about him, seen countless interviews etc. I've always found him to be really interesting. When I look deeper into him/his lyrics, I really see INF. I'm not entirely sure on J or P. I've heard he's very structured and orderly in some ways. When you look at songs like Mosh, White America, and quite a lot of others, you'll see he kinds of feel VERY strongly about a few certain things. War and Politics stuff, parenting, etc. He has this "wanting to change the world" vibe about him, but just goes about it in an interesting manner.
    That's a very good point. He does seem very sure about things.

I've never thought he was interesting as person, I just like how he raps!

He spits it like it's the only thing.

MBTI
    INTP

Eminem bleeds Fi -- a lot of his lyrics are about his feelings and relationships, both positive and negative, and if you've ever listened to even a handful of his songs you'll be familiar with a cast of characters from his life: his mother, his ex-wife Kim, his daughter Hailie, Dr. Dre, his friends in D12, etc. His songs also often have a personal element to them, either relating a story from his past (such as the death of his uncle and friend Ronnie, which he's mentioned numerous times), his persecution or perceived persecution by the media and public, or his feelings about his fans.

He also speaks of his desire for privacy, such as in "The Way I Am":

but at least have the decency in you
    to leave me alone, when you freaks see me out
    in the streets when I'm eatin or feedin my daughter
    to not come and speak to me (speak to me)..
    I don't know you and no,
    I don't owe you a mo-therfuck-in thing

What I also find fascinating about Eminem is that he's not all bravado, sometimes his lyrics seem outright regretful or allude to a lack of confidence or desire to go on, such as in these lyrics, also from "The Way I Am":

I'm so sick and tired of bein admired
    that I wish that I would just die or get fired
    and dropped from my label and stop with the fables
    I'm not gonna be able to top on "My Name is.."

Or when he talks about his treatment of Kim and how it affects their daughter in "When I'm Gone", which I feel is his most emotionally complex song:

Then turn right around in that song and tell her you love her
    And put hands on her mother who's the spittin image of her

Also in "When I'm Gone" Eminem discusses the responsibilities of being an adoring but absentee father and the demands of pleasing his fans, which he represents as a dream about Hailie telling him this:

"It's too late dad, you made your choice
    Now go out there and show em that you love em [fans] more than us [his family]
    That's what they want
    They want you, Marshall
    They keep screamin your name
    It's no wonder you can't go to sleep
    Just take another pill
    Yeah I bet you you will!
    You rap about
    Yeah word, kid keep it real"

"Stan" is the best example of Eminem discussing the symbiotic and even parasitic relationship between himself and his fans, but he talks about them a lot, and the turmoil caused by him taking on this larger than life persona. He also symbolically suicides his 'Slim Shady' persona in "When I'm Gone" which allows him, in the song, to find an idyllic family life:

I turn around, find a gun on the ground
    Cock it, put it to my brain
    Scream Die Shady!, and pop it

He also seems acutely aware of the effects his tempestuous relationship with Kim has had on Hailie and his adopted daughter Lainie, and how his efforts to protect the girls has backfired:

Daddy's always on the move, mamma's always on the news
    I try to keep you sheltered from it but somehow it seems
    The harder that I try to do that, the more it backfires on me
    All the things growing up his daddy that he had to see
    Daddy don't want you to see but you see just as much as he did

Eminem's definitely got a vengeful side, not only expressed in "Kim" but also in "Cleaning Out My Closet", in which he basically disowns his mother and taunts her that her entire family is turning against her:

But guess what, yer gettin' older now and it's cold when you're lonely.
    An' Nathan's growin' up so quick, he's gonna know that you're phoney.
    And Hailie's gettin' so big now, you should see her, she's beautiful.
    But you'll never see her, she won't even be at your funeral.
    Remember when Ronnie died and you said you wished it was me?
    Well, guess what, I am dead. Dead to you as can be.

One last aspect of Eminem that I haven't seen often discussed is that on at least a few occasions, he'd made up with or at least attempted to reconcile with some of the people he's attacked or criticized. Elton John is the most obvious example, but also Marilyn Manson (who he made fun of in "My Name Is...") apparently buried the hatchet with him when they were both targeted by the media watchdogs. They did a remake of "The Way I Am" together in which Eminem criticized the hysteria over Columbine.

I think Eminem is extremely emotional, and he has some driving need to express those emotions in a very public way. I would also say that he's got some complicated and powerful emotions, and he seems fully cognizant of what and who he is and the effects he has on those around him.