User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Eminem?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

He seethes with an intensity and consistency only INXJs can muster.

Although he seems to have calmed in recent years, right as he's hitting PTGatsby's elsewhere-mentioned mid-30s. (Appeal to authority!)

Also I suspect that becoming fantastically wealthy and winning custody of his daughter didn't hurt.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm with Mycroft. I think Eminem is an INFJ, specifically. His music is strongly fantasy-oriented and full of feeling.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

INFJ was actually my initial guess; an NF grown up in a ridiculously unhealthy home life, not much money... fits hte description of boy-has-to-turn-badass-or-not-survive.

I thought I saw Ni in him but I didn't know to what degree. I'm fascinated with his abilities to rap. He's so good at it.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

Those of you calling INXJ, have you seen/heard the interviews I linked to (or other interviews)?

yeah... i think hes a INFJ... but this song confuses me... i mean look at the lyrics at this one:
    YouTube - Eminem - Stan (with Dido)

it makes him seem like a "p"... i mean the way he was talking to his fan... actually i think that sweetness is his "f"...

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh, and regarding his music: He has an insane talent for rhyme (i.e. relating to words based on how they sound) and for the act of rapping (his enunciation is stupefyingly accurate). Do those skills really strike you as Ni rather than Se?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I think ISTP. The way he thinks and talks about things in his music, and also the way he is in interviews (both the ones where he's quite shy and unsure, and ones where he's full of bravado), just really reminds me of both my ISTP friend and also my step-grandma says he reminds her of my step-dad, also ISTP, when he was in his teens and 20's. I think he's quite common for how that type gets if they get into rebellion in their teens in a big way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    my gut-typing of him is ISFP or ISTP.
    ISTP is my initial feeling about him as well. ISTPs can look like iNtuitives because they are analytical and look at entire systems. They are also brash, often tough, and sarcastic. He is a curiosity to me and so I have watched him over the years. His unique way of playing with language is worth noting, although I'm not certain which type it suggests.

The INFJ suggestions are interesting, but INFJs are one of the most abstract types. I can't quite see it in him.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    ISTP is my initial feeling about him as well. ISTPs can look like iNtuitives because they are analytical and look at entire systems. They are also brash, often tough, and sarcastic.
    You see him as tough? I see him as playing tough... Not at all out of character for an ISFP with anger issues and in a macho subculture.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    You see him as tough? I see him as playing tough... Not at all out of character for an ISFP with anger issues and in a macho subculture.
    Not that ISFPs can't be tough, but based on what he lived through and made of himself, I assure you he is tough.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ISTP

I held off on commenting on this because I can see both sides - however, I think from the expressed behaviours, he is almost certainly SP and I would have to go with xSFP over xSTP, although I would have to go with ESFP over ISFP... but I can't read much into the I/E and the F/T. I'm basing it on generalities but... I think there are enough of them to make it probable.

I could see other interpretations - it's not clear. He's had a messed up life.