User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 16242526272836 Last

Thread: Eminem?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's implied that they're especially good if they stand out and helped to define a genre.

But why the assumption that only F types can write powerful emotional songs that stand out? That doesn't make any sense.
    I am on the assumption that it is highly likely that F types would more often write powerful emotional songs that stand out. And thus Eminem would more likely fit into a type with the F preference. I see him writing songs about his daughter, ex-wife, mother and personal life. It is more unlikely he'd be doing this just for business purposes. If he just wanted money he could just write songs about the same old topics the average rapper writes about. My first impression of him was ISTP but looking deeper into it I think ISFP suits him more.

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Love life, by Atmosphere, aka slug.

I have to go to the gym now, perhaps I'll ponder this later. I took a look at two or three interviews on youtube and he appeared to be an ISFP to me...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Great post. Ross is an ENFP. Agree with everything you've said except one thing--Eminem strikes me as very bright.
    Bright yes, lyrically talented...but Dr. Dre or someone else typically composes
    the melody. George Carlin didn't get past the 9th grade either, but I'd venture that Carlin was a "broader" bulb. In that Carlin is one of the few comedians who always wrote their own material, from the early days on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I am on the assumption that it is highly likely that F types would more often write powerful emotional songs that stand out. And thus Eminem would more likely fit into a type with the F preference.
    This not how you should approach the subject. Black Americans commit murder at about 8-9 times the rate of white Americans, and maybe 30 times the rate of Asian Americans. Therefore, if you know someone is a murderer, you know that that person is black (and male).

It's important to focus on what is actually there, right in front of your nose...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Just because you are a T musician, sim, doesn't mean that music, in general, is not really an F dominated field, which surely it is.

Who's projecting, now?
    Whether or not a majority of musicians are Fs (which I agree is probably true) is irrelevant. You're still making an obvious error by assuming that anyone whose music affects you emotionally must automatically also be an Fi user. That much is obvious on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I am on the assumption that it is highly likely that F types would more often write powerful emotional songs that stand out. And thus Eminem would more likely fit into a type with the F preference. I see him writing songs about his daughter, ex-wife, mother and personal life. It is more unlikely he'd be doing this just for business purposes. If he just wanted money he could just write songs about the same old topics the average rapper writes about. My first impression of him was ISTP but looking deeper into it I think ISFP suits him more.
    HINT: Thinking types have feelings too. You've just implied that the only reason Thinkers would want to express emotion musically is for business purposes, which is silly. For instance, listen to Weezer's Pinkerton, a deeply emotional album. Rivers Cuomo is a clear INTJ; he uses music as an outlet to express the Fi that he has trouble talking about in everyday life:

"How stupid is it? I can't talk about it / I gotta sing about it / And make a record of my heart"

I'll grant you that ISFP is a distinct possibility for Eminem, though.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    This not how you should approach the subject. Black Americans commit murder at about 8-9 times the rate of white Americans, and maybe 30 times the rate of Asian Americans. Therefore, if you know someone is a murderer, you know that that person is black (and male).

It's important to focus on what is actually there, right in front of your nose...
    I see what is front of my nose. And I see that Eminem is not a logical thinker and makes his choices by his emotions rather than by what's logical.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

But why the assumption that only F types can write powerful emotional songs that stand out?
    That which is repressed grows in power and intensity. The most likely place to see this is in lyrical form. It's an outlet.

I can easily see a T writing more powerfully emotional songs.
    In the "safety" of ones own company, the emotions can spill out all over the page.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That which is repressed grows in power and intensity. The most likely place to see this is in lyrical form. It's an outlet.

In the "safety" of ones own company, the emotions can spill out all over the page.
    Right. Thinkers may show the world a more logical side most of the time, but this continued repression of their emotions can easily lead to powerful emotional content in the form of art. It's an outlet for a side of themselves that they don't normally express.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Miserable View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QYfsUbI8u4&feature=related"]Interview[/YOUTUBE]
    Here in this second posted interview. T or F seems pretty clear.

Eminem says "I think", the NF interviewer says "feel". Eminem pauses a second before speaking and says "feel" then returns to think mode for the residual.

The NF interviewer makes yet another intuitive leap mentioning David Gaghan of Depeche Mode, Eminem looks like "wtf?" Then gives his response.

Thus my second example of spotting "N" during conversation with regard to the interviewer. Notice Eminem doesn't make any such leaps in giving his responses, they're brief, concise and dead on.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

I think Trent Reznor is a good example of that.

...and I have no idea what type Marshall Mathers is, but a pissed off T sure seems like a possibility.