User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 497

Thread: Eminem?

  1. #241
    Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Eminem is one of the major emotional impacts in the Hip-hop industry. He is driven by his emotions. This is what makes his songs stand out to the rest.
    Nobody is arguing that great art is driven by passionate emotions. But passionate emotions don't necessitate that someone is a Feeling type in MBTI terminology.

    So your argument is that because his songs are really good, he must be an F? That's pretty silly.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #242
    `~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Apparently any artist whose work resonates with SS's feelings is automatically an Fi user. Great.
    Yes.

    And there are only a handful that resonate with me.

    I know they know what I know and that makes me feel less alone.

    Sue me.

    That's art, feeling connected.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #243
    Listening Array Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Nobody is arguing that great art is driven by passionate emotions. But passionate emotions don't necessitate that someone is a Feeling type in MBTI terminology.

    So your argument is that because his songs are really good, he must be an F? That's pretty silly.
    No my argument is that his song are really F therefore they stand out. I never said anything about 'good'.

  4. #244
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Eminem is one of the major emotional impacts in the Hip-hop industry. He is driven by his emotions. This is what makes his songs stand out to the rest.
    Yeah, really.


    I like that high-pitched voice cracking sound he does sometimes.

    On The Eminem Show

  5. #245
    Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    No my argument is that his song are really F therefore they stand out. I never said anything about 'good'.
    It's implied that they're especially good if they stand out and helped to define a genre.

    But why the assumption that only F types can write powerful emotional songs that stand out? That doesn't make any sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Yes.

    And there are only a handful that resonate with me.

    I know they know what I know and that makes me feel less alone.

    Sue me.

    That's art, feeling connected.
    I feel connected to lots of different artists and their work but I don't assume them all to be of any particular functional orientation. It just makes you happy to assume that they must be similar to you. Weak argument.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #246
    `~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Just because you are a T musician, sim, doesn't mean that music, in general, is not really an F dominated field, which surely it is.

    Who's projecting, now?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  7. #247
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's implied that they're especially good if they stand out and helped to define a genre.

    But why the assumption that only F types can write powerful emotional songs that stand out? That doesn't make any sense.
    Well, I can't say they can do it, when I could never do it....

  8. #248
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Wait, Eminem is an ISTP!??!?!?!

    Look, if you had one shot or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

    Verse 1

    Yo, his palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
    There is vomit on his sweater already
    Moms forgettin' he's nervous
    But on the surface he looks calm and ready
    To drops bombs, but he keeps on forgetting
    What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
    He opens his mouth but the words won't come out
    He's choking, how? Everybody's jokin' now
    The clock's run out, time's up, over BLOW!
    Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity
    Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked, he's so mad
    But he won't give up that easy, no he won't have it
    He knows his whole back's to these ropes
    It don't matter, he's dope, he knows that
    But he's broke, he's so sad that he knows
    When he goes back to this mobile home
    That's when it's back to the lab again, yo
    This whole rhapsody, better go capture this moment
    And hope it don't collapse on him

    You better lose yourself in the music
    The moment you own it you better never let it go, oh
    You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
    Cuz opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo
    You better lose yourself in the music
    The moment you own it you better never let it go, oh
    You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
    Cuz opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo
    You better

    Verse 2

    Soul's escapin' through this hole's that is gaping
    This world is mines for the taking
    Make me king as we move toward a new world order
    A normal life is boring
    But superstardom's close to post mortem
    It only grows harder, homie grows hotter
    He blows us all over, these hoes is all on him
    Coast to coast shows, he's known as the Globetrotter
    Lonely roads got him
    He knows he's grown farther from home, he's no father
    He goes home and barely knows his own daughter
    But hold ya nose cuz here goes the cold water
    These hoes don't want him no mo', he's cold prada
    They moved on to the next shmo who flows
    Who nose dove and sold nada
    And so the so proper
    His toll, it unfolds and I suppose it's old, partner
    But the beat goes on
    Duh duh doe, duh doe, dah dah dah dah

    Verse 3

    No more games, I'ma change for due called rage
    Tear this muthafuckin' roof off like two dogs caged
    I was playin' in the beginnin', the mood all changed
    I've been chewed up and spit out and booed off stage
    But I kept rhymin' and stepped writin' the next cipher
    Best believe somebody's payin' the pied piper
    All the pain inside amplified by the
    Fact that I can't get by with my nine to five
    And I can't provide the right type of life for my family
    Cuz, man, these goddamn food stamps don't buy diapers
    And there's no movie, there's no Mekhi Pfifer
    This is my life and these times are so hard
    And it's gettin' even harder tryin' to feed and water
    My seed plus teeter-totter
    Caught up between bein' a father and a pre-madonna
    Baby momma drama, screamin' on her
    Too much for me to wanna stay in one spot
    Another damn or not has gotten me to the point
    I'm like a snail, I've got to formulate a plot
    Or end up in jail or shot
    Success is my only muthafuckin' option, failure's not
    Momma love you but this trailer's got to go
    I cannot grow old in Salem's Lot
    So here I go, it's my shot
    Feet fail me not
    Cuz maybe the only opportunity that I got

    Duh doo
    You can do anything you set your mind to, man
    The east and the west are mine, the north and the south are mine. All seems beautiful to me.
    — Walt Whitman

  9. #249
    ⒺⓉⒷ Array Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,364

    Default

    It's possible Fi could be Tertiary, which tends to "inflate" itself, yet remain immature. That's what I would think for a "gangsta" rapper. Not someone who prefers "harmony", though may find some relief in emotion and artistry.
    On the other hand, whatever people are analysing could be a stage persona, so for people like him, it is hard to tell what he really is.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  10. #250
    `~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Fuck it.

    Music is pretty universal.

    But poetry?

    Poetry is pretty F.

    So lyricists are often Fs, methinks.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Eminem vs. Jay-Z
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 02:03 AM
  2. Eminem - A modern day Hamlet?
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 08:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •