User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 13212223242533 Last

Thread: Eminem?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I watched the Jonathan Ross interview and the contrast between NF and ST is stark.

i.e. When Jonathan Ross starts talking about how the cap reminded him of what his wife wears into the shower, and later observing another "what a grandmother might wear." That's clearly "N" and "S" looks at Ross like wtf?

Eminem states very clearly how he writes music. It's very mechanical using patterns in words...vs. choosing words carefully to communicate a specific thought. In other words, what sounds better to the ear is more important to the topical vs. actual content.

The intensity of his gaze is very common among ISTP's. But wouldn't go so far as to say that's his type. In that there's a ton that's unknown about him.

i.e. We know that he likes Comic books, and wanted to have a comic book store. We know that he dropped out of school, although very talented...definately not the brightest bulb in the forest.

We also know that running is his choice for getting exercise.

So I'm sure of "I" in that it's biographically well documented, sure of "S"...reasonably positive of "T" in just observing his spoken word choices as to P or J? Not sure.
    Not a good argument. You say "sure of S" based on that interview? I would say that interview has not clearly shown whether he's N or S.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    How come Fi users are the only people that ever say that about him? NFPs seem to have a habit of attaching emotional back story to everything even when none exists.

I'd say there's an outside chance of ISFP, but I'd like to know where you're getting all this Fi from.
    From his music, his lyrics, his videos. Look at some of his more popular songs - "Stan", "Lose Yourself", "Till I Collapse" for example.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

sim, here are the artists I, yes, *deeply feel and believe* to be strong Fi users.

In order of Fi-ness

Slug

Ani DiFranco

Trent Reznor

Eminem
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    How come Fi users are the only people that ever say that about him? NFPs seem to have a habit of attaching emotional back story to everything even when none exists.

I'd say there's an outside chance of ISFP, but I'd like to know where you're getting all this Fi from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Angst does not = Fi. Unhappiness does not = Fi.
    Eminem writes many of his lyrics based on his emotions. 'Kim' was a classic example of this. He certainly isn't very Fe too. He talks to much about his feelings. He's not necessarily the most logical person. In the video provided by miserable he talks quite a bit about his feelings.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    From his music, his lyrics.
    YES!!!
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    sim, here are the artists I, yes, *deeply feel and believe* to be strong Fi users.

In order of Fi-ness

Slug

Ani DiFranco

Trent Reznor

Eminem
    Huh, I would have thought ENFJ for Ani.

Initial thought on Eminem would be ISTP, but..whatever, everyone seems to have different notions on what constitutes each of the cog functions/types.

Also....Fe users are quite capable of experiencing powerful emotions...it's not really pure Fi territory, sorry. And I would think most especially with musicians, that line would get blurred, simply because music is an emotional medium.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

In order of Fi-ness

Slug

Ani DiFranco

Trent Reznor

Eminem
    Trent Reznor is not an F. I don't know who Slug is, and I don't know anything about Ani DiFranco, but you have a bias toward labeling artistic people as Feelers for some reason. All of your points here seem to reduce to, "BUT HE'S AN ARTIST AND THERE'S OBVIOUSLY FEELING IN HIS MUSIC!!!"

Well, of course there's feeling in his music. Art by nature requires feeling in order to be inspired. That doesn't magically turn every artist into an Fi dominant personality type.

In the above posted interview, Eminem discusses his personal values and feelings very little. He instead tries to detach himself and analyze the effects drugs have had on his life in a more objective sense, seeking to understand the problem from the outside so he doesn't have to repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Eminem writes many of his lyrics based on his emotions. 'Kim' was a classic example of this. He certainly isn't very Fe too. He talks to much about his feelings. He's not necessarily the most logical person. In the video provided by miserable he talks quite a bit about his feelings.
    No he doesn't. He talks about the physical sensations that drugs induced in him and looks for rational analysis to give himself a good reason to avoid those patterns again. "It made me feel better/worse" is just Se talking about his physical bodily experiences.

Fi is more related to personal values and the ethics that one "knows" to be the right or wrong thing to do. Em doesn't mention anything about this in that interview.

And he's not very Fe because Fe is the ISTP's inferior function. I see occasional flashes of inferior Fe when he complains about how rude and obnoxious fans and the media are to him--he thinks they're violating some kind of politeness standards, but his criticisms have only a rudimentary awareness of context. He doesn't understand how his being an asshole right back to them perpetuates this kind of negative image.

"And I'm thankful for every fan that I get / But I can't take a shit in the bathroom without someone standing by it / No, I won't sign you an autograph, you can call me an asshole, I'm glad"
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I equate ARTISTS WHO DEEPLY RESONATE WITH ME AND MY FI AS FI USERS!!!!!!!
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Fecal,

How would you type Slug from Atmosphere?!!?
    No idea who that is. Post some interviews and maybe I'll have an opinion...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

of course not every artist is an NTJ, or an NFP, UGH!!!

DUH!!!!

WANNA KNOW WHO MY FAVORITE ARTIST IS?!?!!?

M.C. ESCHER.

And homie is DEFINITELY NOT AN F!!!!!

I'm sorry I can't express myself rationally at the moment.

I'm angry and frustrated

ANYONE WHO THINKS TRENT REZNOR, ANI DIFRANCO AND SLUG TO BE ANYTHING BUT NFPS CAN SUCK IT,

sorry
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've always thought Eminem to be an ESTP and a tool.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf