User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Eminem?

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Miserable View Post
    I was not feeling Eminem today, so I was not feelings him. I wasn't listening to him all day. But now I am, and I feel so much better.

Eminem could not create, and put out lines like:

"I'll hide for five minutes
    Come back, shoot the eyewitness
    Fire at the private eye hired to pry in my business
    Die, bitches, bastards, brats, pets
    This puppy's lucky I didn't blast his ass yet
    If I ever gave a fuck, I'd shave my nuts
    tuck my dick in between my legs and cluck
    You motherfucking chickens ain't brave enough
    to say the stuff I say, so just tape it shut
    Shit, half the shit I say, I just make it up
    To make you mad so kiss my white naked ass
    And if it's not a rapper that I make it as
    I'ma be a fucking rapist in a Jason mask"

If he was an NF.

You don't know many NFs IRL do you?

There's an INFP in this very thread named "Fecal McAngry" and I've seen him post some classic win about bondage in a totally unrelated political thread.

I can be pretty onery too. One of my favorite words is MF.

Senior Member Array theplacesyoullgo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I heard one of his songs a while ago, and I've heard a lot of it before and I agree with you, though I did think ESTP at the time, I haven't seen any evidence for introvert yet though... or extravert
    I thought his being an introvert was pretty obvious after watching a few interviews. He also went through a recent period in his life where he was essentially a recluse for a few years, although he was apparently addicted to pills during this time, so I don't know how indicative that behavior is of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

I'm totally with you on there being N elements to his raps - and I always think it's a bit silly to make overarching statements like "___ could never write something like this!" - but I have to agree that he doesn't strike me as NF overall. What would he even potentially be? INFP? INFJ? He doesn't strike me as either, at all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

His penetrating insight into what is really going on in society (it was fairly shocking to people back with his first album) and his ability to string so many seemingly unrelated images together metaphorically doesn't strike you as a bit...N? His lyrics aren't just pleasant-sounding rhyming nonsense or egotistical assertions.

His albums are also fairly conceptual.
    sensors are capable of more than "pleasant-sounding rhyming nonsense"

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by theplacesyoullgo View Post
    I thought his being an introvert was pretty obvious after watching a few interviews. He also went through a recent period in his life where he was essentially a recluse for a few years, although he was apparently addicted to pills during this time, so I don't know how indicative that behavior is of anything.
    This. His body language when he's not "on" also screams introvert. His face can be so impassive, unless he's being emotional.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm totally with you on there being N elements to his raps - and I always think it's a bit silly to make overarching statements like "___ could never write something like this!" - but I have to agree that he doesn't strike me as NF overall. What would he even potentially be? INFP? INFJ? He doesn't strike me as either, at all.
    Oh definitely not an INFJ. He'd have to be an INFP. Mad Fi.

Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

yeah I think ISTP is pretty obvious.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

How about The Eminem Show?

This is a poor example of Eminem's lyrics. Eminem's songs - especially the early ones - are filled with constant "flights of fancy" and utterly random weirdness. That's why I became a fan to begin with.

The Eminem Show is my favorite album of his, Encore is my other favorite. Not that I don't like each of his albums.
    The Marshall Mathers LP mirrors The Slim Shady LP, and The Eminem Show mirrors Encore. Just as there's Relapse and Relapse 2.

I like The Eminem Show, because it feels or sounds more "emotionally driven".
    The music I would say is the best out of all five albums too. I can listen to an entire over and over again only focusing on the music.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

There's an INFP in this very thread named "Fecal McAngry" and I've seen him post some classic win about bondage in a totally unrelated political thread.

I can be pretty onery too. One of my favorite words is MF.
    My whole family are Fs, except my father, who I think is ENTJ, he only can remind me of my father, not any Fs I know.

Oh definitely not an INFJ. He'd have to be an INFP. Mad Fi.
    Hm. I know a disproportionate amount of INFPs and they're all too big of empathetic softies at the core to write the raps Eminem has. Also, I'm not sure how truly in touch with his feelings he is - his raps seem to be stuck in a game of "is it really me saying this or is it my alter ego?" and trying to push buttons/make social commentary than an extension of introverted feeling. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree! As I said above, I do think he has strong N elements to his work, and if he is an S, he isn't overwhelmingly so.

Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast