User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 497

Thread: Eminem?

  1. #121
    Minister of Propagandhi Array ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Nah, his songs resonate a tremendous amount of meaning. Plus from some of his music videos, it hints at a very intuitive nature. He's not ISTx or IxTP.
    Immortal Technique or Aesop Rock would be examples of really abstract and kind of intellectual rappers, I don't think Eminem even enters that domain. He definitely conveys some meaning though, and is descriptive, but ISTPs are capable of that.

  2. #122
    Senior Member Array NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Immortal Technique or Aesop Rock would be examples of really abstract and kind of intellectual rappers, I don't think Eminem even enters that domain. He definitely conveys some meaning though, and is descriptive, but ISTPs are capable of that.
    I'm not comparing him to other rappers, I'm just comparing him to the MBTI scale. As far as this scale is concerned, he's quite abstract and imaginative with his lyrics/videos. He's very intuitive as far as the definition of intuitive goes in the MBTI system.

    As far as the definition of Extroverted Intuition goes, 16 types says:
    Ne - extraverted iNtuiting
    Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change “what is” for “what could possibly be”; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.
    I could definitely see high Ne. Also, I barely see any Se in him. He doesn't seem to have the traits of an ISTP, and he matches the INFP very well.

  3. #123
    Phoenix Incarnate Array Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Why in the world do you people think that he's a T? Just because he's articulate and clever with a phrase? There are very articulate NFs all around, some of whom are professional writers and English teachers. Eminem is definitely *not* a T. An NT wouldn't be so comfortable airing all of his intense feelings toward his family members in a public venue. Not only that, but Eminem's emotions are so INTENSE, seemed to consume him at points, and don't seem calculated and only marginally analyzed, if at all.
    because he acts cold out and tells thing more or less like they are. he doesn't use feeling, you can tell from a mile away. i know that NFs are articulate, but i wasn't pinpointing his articulation at all.

    also, those aren't feelings working on him; he isn't comfortable with being in front of so many people speaking because he is I. like with george carlin, he probably gets more ENTP when he acts on stage.

    there are numerous other things that pinpoint him as a T, the analogies he uses in the interview, the way he is indifferent about some of the things the interviewer say... to me there's no doubt about it.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  4. #124
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    because he acts cold out and tells thing more or less like they are. he doesn't use feeling, you can tell from a mile away. i know that NFs are articulate, but i wasn't pinpointing his articulation at all.

    also, those aren't feelings working on him; he isn't comfortable with being in front of so many people speaking because he is I. like with george carlin, he probably gets more ENTP when he acts on stage.

    there are numerous other things that pinpoint him as a T, the analogies he uses in the interview, the way he is indifferent about some of the things the interviewer say... to me there's no doubt about it.
    ha ha ha ... I'm sorry but it's ridiculous to say that he tells things they way they are with coldness...many of his songs emanate intense anger or sadness..."Kim" and "Bonnie and Clyde" are not songs telling things they way they are, they are reveling in extreme anger (there is nothing rational or logical about beating or killing your wife, even in fiction), just like songs such as "When I'm Gone" could bring a person to tears ... not to mention that he's wallowing in self-pity in that song like an INFP is inclined to do.


    We're just going to have to agree to disagree because there is no way in hell anyone could convince me that eminem is a T, and I've been a fan since 1996.

  5. #125
    Senior Member Array Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Anyone see Eminem on Jimmel Kimmel recently? I can definately see an INTJ:

    YouTube - Eminem Talks About His New Album Relapse
    Hmm...TBH, I can't.

  6. #126
    Phoenix Incarnate Array Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    ha ha ha ... I'm sorry but it's ridiculous to say that he tells things they way they are with coldness...many of his songs emanate intense anger or sadness..."Kim" and "Bonnie and Clyde" are not songs telling things they way they are, they are reveling in extreme anger (there is nothing rational or logical about beating or killing your wife, even in fiction), just like songs such as "When I'm Gone" could bring a person to tears ... not to mention that he's wallowing in self-pity in that song like an INFP is inclined to do.


    We're just going to have to agree to disagree because there is no way in hell anyone could convince me that eminem is a T, and I've been a fan since 1996.
    i wasn't talking about his songs, i was talking about him in person. refer to my post with the interview where you can see him act beyond video. besides, i think you have a misconception going on here: just because a person is a T it does not mean that that person is devoid of all emotion and has no way of expressing it.

    on the contrary, i'd believe a thinking person to release bursts of feeling so he can be the least unstable during most of his time elsewhere. what i'm trying to say here is just because he puts emotions in his song it does not mean he can't be a T. and if you think so, then you should read up on what the differences between T and F are.

    oh and you know what i think is ridiculous? INPs thinking that they know it all and try to put you down for your opinion. you're still the closest sensing intuit; do not forget your place.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  7. #127
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i wasn't talking about his songs, i was talking about him in person. refer to my post with the interview where you can see him act beyond video. besides, i think you have a misconception going on here: just because a person is a T it does not mean that that person is devoid of all emotion and has no way of expressing it.

    on the contrary, i'd believe a thinking person to release bursts of feeling so he can be the least unstable during most of his time elsewhere. what i'm trying to say here is just because he puts emotions in his song it does not mean he can't be a T. and if you think so, then you should read up on what the differences between T and F are.
    I've seen Eminem a lot in interviews, not on stage (in fact, if I typed him by stage only I might be tempted to say ESFP, which would be totally off base) and I just don't think that rational, logical thinking is his predominant function. I know that T's aren't devoid of emotion, but Eminem centers his work around feelings and relationships a great deal more than I think a strong T would.

    oh and you know what i think is ridiculous? INPs thinking that they know it all and try to put you down for your opinion. you're still the closest sensing intuit; do not forget your place .
    This is just weird and I'm going to ignore it. I think you might need a hug or something. Alrighty then. Not talking to you anymore.

  8. #128
    Phoenix Incarnate Array Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    excellent, just the response i wanted. as a last word, i said nothing about his T dominance being strong.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  9. #129
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    excellent, just the response i wanted. as a last word,
    dude, why are you being so weird about this?


    i said nothing about his T dominance being strong.
    Eminem is not a rational, logical person. He dropped out of the 9th grade, and has been in and out of trouble with the law. He's obsessed with his ex wife, and constantly bashes his own mother in public. He threatens to beat or kill things that pose a threat to his daughter. He's completely comfortable with having a nervous breakdown in public. There is absolutely NOTHING about Eminem to suggest T as his preference, personally or professionally. The only reason you say that is because of his calm demeanor in interviews - well, you know what? People who don't know me well who just hear me speak in a prepared way assume that I'm very "intellectual" too. But it doesn't ultimately make me an NT.


    You have your opinion, and I have mine. Let's just agree to disagree. I said that two whole posts ago. (Four, if we count yours too).

  10. #130
    Senior Member Array NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Eminem is not a rational, logical person. He dropped out of the 9th grade, and has been in and out of trouble with the law. He's obsessed with his ex wife, and constantly bashes his own mother in public. He threatens to beat or kill things that pose a threat to his daughter. He's completely comfortable with having a nervous breakdown in public. There is absolutely NOTHING about Eminem to suggest T as his preference, personally or professionally. The only reason you say that is because of his calm demeanor in interviews - well, you know what? People who don't know me well who just hear me speak in a prepared way assume that I'm very "intellectual" too. But it doesn't ultimately make me an NT.
    Well see the thing about his calm demeanor in interviews is that actually reveals more of his Fi nature than any of his other cognitive functions. I think you've convinced me that he's INFP.

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Eminem vs. Jay-Z
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 02:03 AM
  2. Eminem - A modern day Hamlet?
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 08:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •