User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Eminem?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 2101112131422 Last

Thread: Eminem?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Why in the world do you people think that he's a T? Just because he's articulate and clever with a phrase? There are very articulate NFs all around, some of whom are professional writers and English teachers. Eminem is definitely *not* a T. An NT wouldn't be so comfortable airing all of his intense feelings toward his family members in a public venue. Not only that, but Eminem's emotions are so INTENSE, seemed to consume him at points, and don't seem calculated and only marginally analyzed, if at all.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Anyone see Eminem on Jimmel Kimmel recently? I can definately see an INTJ:

YouTube - Eminem Talks About His New Album Relapse
    Yep. I've been saying INTJ all along.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Why in the world do you people think that he's a T? Just because he's articulate and clever with a phrase? There are very articulate NFs all around, some of whom are professional writers and English teachers. Eminem is definitely *not* a T. An NT wouldn't be so comfortable airing all of his intense feelings toward his family members in a public venue. Not only that, but Eminem's emotions are so INTENSE, seemed to consume him at points, and don't seem calculated and only marginally analyzed, if at all.
    I just want to analyze this a bit. Not every T lacks emotional outlets. His songs spew out Fi (introverted feeling), and I love to hear that because my Fi happens to be high, and I'm a T (not saying everyone with high Fi identifies with him, that's not the case). Anyway, I see his Fi is very high, he's NOT IxTP or INFJ or basically any type that has a lower Fi. The values theme is extremely high in his songs. Plus it's very clear his Fe is very low. High Fi, low Fe.

He definitely has a terrific creative/imaginative ability, and the intuitiveness is very much there in Eminem. I could see either or both Ni and Ne as being high. He's an N.

He's clearly an introverted guy, I've seen him in a few interviews, and if you hear his songs, you can tell he's an I.

The only other type I could possibly see Eminem as (besides INTJ) is INFP. I still say INTJ though.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

He's not really abstract or even that analytical. He pays more attention to syntax and the rhythm of syllables then getting ideas across. He usually seems engaged in his immediate environment but with introvert intensity and is very adaptable and changing in how he goes about this.

So I agree with the people who say ISTP.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    We're never going to agree on one type for Eminem. Part of the difficulty is his being bi-polar, so at times he may seem like one type while at others, a totally different one. I see all opinions for him, everything from INTJ to ISTP to INFJ to ESFJ to INFP to ESFP to ENTP to ENFP to ESTP to ENFJ. Literally everything except ExTJ, ISxJ, INTP, and ISFP.
    Well, I like that. I tend to agree with INTJ. He seems pretty intellectual to me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Eh, but not every T doesn't have emotional outlets. His songs spew out Fi (introverted feeling). And I love to hear that Fi stuff because my Fi happens to be high, and I'm a T. Anyway, I see his Fi is very high, I can't see him being IxTP or INFJ or basically any type that has a lower Fi. Plus it's very clear his Fe is very low. High Fi, low Fe. He definitely has a terrific creative/imaginative ability, and the intuitiveness is very much there in Eminem. He's an introverted guy, I've seen him in several interviews, and if you hear his songs, you can tell he's an I.

The only other type I could possibly see Eminem as (besides INTJ) is INFP. I still say INTJ though.
    I think he's an INFP. Fi is the dominant trait of an INFP, as is Ne the secondary one, which I think applies to his ability to analyze society as a whole, but he can't even straighten out his own life - that's why I don't think he's an S. I think if he were a J he'd be much more concerned with following a slightly more certain, coventional road in his career path, which is why I say P.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    Well, I like that. I tend to agree with INTJ. He seems pretty intellectual to me.
    NFs can come across as intellectual, especially in creative ways. Eminem isn't intellectual in an academic sense, nor did he spend a great deal of time on formal education.

INFP? Maybe. I have a friend who is INFP too and he's very indifferent but still very emotional. This IS similar to Eminem.

NFs can come across as intellectual, especially in creative ways. Eminem isn't intellectual in an academic sense, nor did he spend a great deal of time on formal education.
    I can relate to that. You really could be right.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    He's not really abstract or even that analytical. He pays more attention to syntax and the rhythm of syllables then getting ideas across. He usually seems engaged in his immediate environment but with introvert intensity and is very adaptable and changing in how he goes about this.

So I agree with the people who say ISTP.
    Nah, his songs resonate a tremendous amount of meaning. Plus from some of his music videos, it hints at a very intuitive nature. He's not ISTx or IxTP.

I think he's an INFP. Fi is the dominant trait of an INFP, as is Ne the secondary one, which I think applies to his ability to analyze society as a whole, but he can't even straighten out his own life - that's why I don't think he's an S. I think if he were a J he'd be much more concerned with following a slightly more certain, coventional road in his career path, which is why I say P.
    You know the more I think about it, the more I can potentially see him as INFP. The high Fi, the usage of Ne in his lyrics, I could see a big FiNe connection. And he does make quite a few decisions based on feeling as opposed to thinking.