• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have read your edit, I always re-read posts.

But have you read my post above your post that's above this post? My post will not be edited, it still applies to what you've added.
I'm not offended as stated. If you see a child throwing and destroying your stuff you will not be offended. You just won't like what he is doing.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm not offended as stated. If you see a child throwing and destroying your stuff you will not be offended. You just won't like what he is doing.

That is not what the post meant.

I'm sure you can figure it out, really. Maybe take more than two minutes to reply, maybe read that post I'm referring to a couple times, and take a couple minutes to think about it, that might help you figure out what I meant.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
This is sort of a useless argument you guys are having, mainly because it's impossible to type him (as we can see), since his BiPolar behavior is playing in to his character a lot (not his MBTI).

Having said that, from listening to a ton of his songs, I can tell you the function he gives off more than any other function is... Fi.

I would say that the only thing that stands out with him is that he is a sensor .. He talks about what is and not what if ..

Uh... have you listened to most of his songs? He talks about possible scenarios and "what ifs" in a lot of his songs.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is sort of a useless argument you guys are having, mainly because it's impossible to type him (as we can see), since his BiPolar behavior is playing in to his character a lot (not his MBTI).

his type is consistant, it's just that the people of the forum cannot see through the haze that they've created.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Having said that, from listening to a ton of his songs, I can tell you the function he gives off more than any other function is... Fi.

Uh... have you listened to most of his songs? He talks about possible scenarios and "what ifs" in a lot of his songs.

watching the jonathan ross interview posted above he reminds me 100% of kobe bryant, who i now think might be istp. definite Fe and not Fi. i think istp makes the most sense for both of them, tho i really did think kobe was istj. but in the end, he just seems too Fe to be istj. eminem has itp eyes. Se-Ni also makes far more sense for his perception than anything else that can be mustered.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
He is clearly both. Here's a fairly recent interview:

YouTube - Eminem interview with Jonathan Ross on The 15/05/09

his type is consistant, it's just that the people of the forum cannot see through the haze that they've created.

Oh I'm sure that his type is consistent, but the problem is it is very difficult to pin-point because of his other personality factors and disorders.

watching the jonathan ross interview posted above he reminds me 100% of kobe bryant, who i now think might be istp. definite Fe and not Fi. i think istp makes the most sense for both of them, tho i really did think kobe was istj. but in the end, he just seems too Fe to be istj. eminem has itp eyes. Se-Ni also makes far more sense for his perception than anything else that can be mustered.

From that Jonathan Ross interview, Eminem seems like a IxTx type (but not ISTJ). He's very direct, and his sense of humor is sarcastic - from watching that video, I would actually lean toward INTJ. As for Kobe, he's not a P, your original thought about him was more accurate, but that's another story.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I watched the Jonathan Ross interview and the contrast between NF and ST is stark.

i.e. When Jonathan Ross starts talking about how the cap reminded him of what his wife wears into the shower, and later observing another "what a grandmother might wear." That's clearly "N" and "S" looks at Ross like wtf? :spam_laser:

Eminem states very clearly how he writes music. It's very mechanical using patterns in words...vs. choosing words carefully to communicate a specific thought. In other words, what sounds better to the ear is more important to the topical vs. actual content.

The intensity of his gaze is very common among ISTP's. But wouldn't go so far as to say that's his type. In that there's a ton that's unknown about him.

i.e. We know that he likes Comic books, and wanted to have a comic book store. We know that he dropped out of school, although very talented...definately not the brightest bulb in the forest.

We also know that running is his choice for getting exercise.

So I'm sure of "I" in that it's biographically well documented, sure of "S"...reasonably positive of "T" in just observing his spoken word choices as to P or J? Not sure.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ If you're sure of I, S and T, then ISTP must surely be obvious. ISTJ doesn't make any sense for him.

I'd say 2nd most likely possibility is ISFP.

Fecal McAngry

I watched the Jonathan Ross interview and the contrast between NF and ST is stark.

i.e. When Jonathan Ross starts talking about how the cap reminded him of what his wife wears into the shower, and later observing another "what a grandmother might wear." That's clearly "N" and "S" looks at Ross like wtf? :spam_laser:

Eminem states very clearly how he writes music. It's very mechanical using patterns in words...vs. choosing words carefully to communicate a specific thought. In other words, what sounds better to the ear is more important to the topical vs. actual content.

The intensity of his gaze is very common among ISTP's. But wouldn't go so far as to say that's his type. In that there's a ton that's unknown about him.

i.e. We know that he likes Comic books, and wanted to have a comic book store. We know that he dropped out of school, although very talented...definately not the brightest bulb in the forest.

We also know that running is his choice for getting exercise.

So I'm sure of "I" in that it's biographically well documented, sure of "S"...reasonably positive of "T" in just observing his spoken word choices as to P or J? Not sure.

Great post. Ross is an ENFP. Agree with everything you've said except one thing--Eminem strikes me as very bright.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Great post. Ross is an ENFP. Agree with everything you've said except one thing--Eminem strikes me as very bright.

Agreed...he seems to have equated "did not do well in school" with "not very bright", which is a serious mistake. STPs typically have a very difficult time with school, but some of them are brilliant nonetheless.

I fully agree with ISTP diagnosis.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Wait, Eminem is an ISTP!??!?!?!

:huh:

Hell no.

That mofo's got mucho Fi, bruthas, c'mon!!!

:doh:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wait, Eminem is an ISTP!??!?!?!

:huh:

Hell no.

That mofo's got mucho Fi, bruthas, c'mon!!!

:doh:

How come Fi users are the only people that ever say that about him? NFPs seem to have a habit of attaching emotional back story to everything even when none exists.

I'd say there's an outside chance of ISFP, but I'd like to know where you're getting all this Fi from.

Can't this be true with EPs, as well?

Sure, but for different reasons. ESTPs have it the worst :(