• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chris Rock

What Personality Type is Chris Rock?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Just using that percentage as an example... and I think regarding I/E, that's where you and I will have to agree to disagree. I am of the opinion that introversion and extraversion are most definitely fixed. Behavior may vary, but actual I/E does not change, being that it has a biological basis.

It definitely has a biological basis. But I don't think there has ever been a long-term study, where they measure someone's E/I by their brain activity, and then 30 years later, measured it again. We know that brain structure and wiring can change over time.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like Lauren, I believe I/E is fixed and genetically determined. Essentially, it's about the organism's innate sensitivity to its environment.

But behaviour is not only influenced by genetically/biologically determined factors. So that a 'biological extrovert' may behave like an introvert when depressed/stressed for example, or a 'biological introvert' might behave like an extrovert when manic/high, without actually changing type or 'brain type'.

Just because a race horse might run like a dog if there is something wrong with it, doesn't make it a dog.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Like Lauren, I believe I/E is fixed and genetically determined. Essentially, it's about the organism's innate sensitivity to its environment.
Yeah, but until we know what ultimately determines that sensitivity to the environment, we've no grounds on which to theorise that it shouldn't be able to change. A child's brain in particular is extremely adaptable and there would be a strong evolutionary advantage to being able to adapt in this respect. In the short-term, I notice that my sensitivity level slowly alters when it's not appropriate to the situation and makes me uncomfortable, for example at parties or busy work environments, or most noticeably, on amusement park rides. It's the 'numbed senses' effect. There could theoretically be a permanent change in the brains of people who find themselves more often in situations that pressure them to change the way they experience the world.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, but until we know what ultimately determines that sensitivity to the environment, we've no grounds on which to theorise that it shouldn't be able to change.
We have some grounds.
A child's brain in particular is extremely adaptable and there would be a strong evolutionary advantage to being able to adapt in this respect. In the short-term, I notice that my sensitivity level slowly alters when it's not appropriate to the situation and makes me uncomfortable, for example at parties or busy work environments, or most noticeably, on amusement park rides. It's the 'numbed senses' effect. There could theoretically be a permanent change in the brains of people who find themselves more often in situations that pressure them to change the way they experience the world.
Becoming desensitized to stimuli isn't the same as rewiring your brain. It's just a kind of exhaustion.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it possible that everyone has both pathways but tends to use only one, or one is lost over time? Or was that ruled out when they discovered them?
The pathways correlate with the dominant neurotransmitter: acetylcholine in introverts, dopamine in extroverts.

The research suggests that sensitivity to dopamine is affected by the length of gene D4DR. Long D4DR = high tolerance/need for dopamine = extroversion - linked to energy expenditure and the sympathetic nervous system. Short D4DR = low tolerance/need for dopamine = introversion - linked to greater prevalence of acetylcholine linked to energy conservation and the parasympathetic nervous system.

Of course, both of these neurotransmitters are essential in everyone's nervous system, but are present in differing quantities, controlled in part by genetically determined tolerances.
There is no evidence to suggest that anything environmental can alter the length of your D4DR gene.

Once an introvert, always an introvert.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've always thought he was ENxP but I could never tell if he was T or F. I've never doubted he's an Ne dominant though. Given the responses in this thread I think he's most likely ENTP.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
ENxP, don't know if he's T or F.

[YOUTUBE="gQRUdLNdS_M"]iVillage Live: Chris Rock interview[/YOUTUBE]

He's a completely different person.

There's lots of famous introverts in very public positions that are able to sustain it.

How does that video imply he's introverted? He's in a one-on-one situation, with no crowd, and very little surroundings. Extroverts can seem like introverts in these kinds of situations.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to revive this thread and be the odd ball that types him as an INTJ.

I was just thinking recently how similar his humor style is to my INTJ brother, who's probably a little more eccentric than your average INTJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say ENTP 7w6 So/Sp

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really suck at typing people so go easy on me if you disagree:

His onstage persona suggests Extrovert, but it's not uncommon for Introverted performers to seem much more outgoing onstage (Bowie being a great example)

I'm going with N over S and T over F

still not sure whether P or J though

ENTx possibly INTx

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really suck at typing people so go easy on me if you disagree:

His onstage persona suggests Extrovert, but it's not uncommon for Introverted performers to seem much more outgoing onstage (Bowie being a great example)

I'm going with N over S and T over F

still not sure whether P or J though

ENTx possibly INTx