• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lance Armstrong

Jaguar

From my point of view, that´s complely unacceptable and shows megalomaniac dictatorial tendecies (which I have honestly often observed in ESTJs when operating in work-related settings).

ESTJ or not, I know the type. In my 20's, a lunatic I worked for called me up and yelled in the phone: "No one leaves me!" (I found out he was a crook, so I quit.) Looking back it's amusing, but back then it really pissed me off. As far as Armstrong is concerned, I suppose people could focus their eyes on a single athlete, make superficial moralizing judgments, but to me, the problem extends far beyond one man.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ESTJ or not, I know the type. In my 20's, a lunatic I worked for called me up and yelled in the phone: "No one leaves me!" (I found out he was a crook, so I quit.) Looking back it's amusing, but back then it really pissed me off. As far as Armstrong is concerned, I suppose people could focus their eyes on a single athlete, make superficial moralizing judgments, but to me, the problem extends far beyond one man.

Of course performance enhancing drugs are widespread in cycling. Armstrong simply pushed his image too far by winning multiple Tour de France, and by acting too aggressive towards his mates and opponents. If he had been more diplomatic, he would likely be happily retired.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The Armstrong Lie

I finally saw the documentary The Armstrong Lie and I found it to be a fascinating look at a person capable of (somehow) reconciling the lies he told himself and the world, grasping at and wielding power over others, and defending the narrative he wanted established. It was an interesting progression as the scales fell from the filmmaker's own eyes. Has anyone else seen this documentary or have any other thoughts on his type?

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I finally saw the documentary The Armstrong Lie and I found it to be a fascinating look at a person capable of (somehow) reconciling the lies he told himself and the world, grasping at and wielding power over others, and defending the narrative he wanted established. It was an interesting progression as the scales fell from the filmmaker's own eyes. Has anyone else seen this documentary or have any other thoughts on his type?

I saw The Armstrong Lie a few months ago. My best friend bought it on DVD and loaned it to me. There was one deleted scene that really should have made the final cut, IMHO. It was the press conference for Armstrong's 2009 comeback. They go to take the first question, the camera turns, and you see it's Greg LeMond, who then starts grilling Lance about his V02 max. Lance gets so pissed he can hardly contain himself. :laugh:

My best friend (ISTJ 5w6) had been adamant for 10+ years that Armstrong was dirty, but almost no one would listen to him. He got into many heated arguments with fellow cyclists and even lost some friends.

Dr. Michele Ferrari is quite an interesting character. I'd guess NT of some sort.

93JC

My best friend (ISTJ 5w6) had been adamant for 10+ years that Armstrong was dirty, but almost no one would listen to him. He got into many heated arguments with fellow cyclists and even lost some friends.

A friend of mine is an avid cyclist and he was also adamant, despite taking a lot of flak for it, that Lance was dirty as hell. I still remember him and a guy we worked with getting so caught up in an argument about Lance Armstrong in 2006 that everyone else at the table we were at, myself included, walked away lest they get caught in the crossfire.

I watched the Oprah interview with him. He finally felt vindicated.

I still haven't seen The Armstrong Lie.