• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Amy Winehouse

What type is Amy Winehouse?

• ISTP

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • ESTP

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • ISFP

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think she's hard to type but I don't think she's a INFP. I'm rather conflicted but the best I can narrow it down to is she's some sort of SP, probably a 4w3.

and why does listening to 60's girl groups mean that someone can't be a 4?
Exactly. I'm a 4 and rather like 60s girl groups and early Motown. I love The Ronettes, The Supremes, The Shirelles, Martha and the Vandellas etc

Shangri-las and Shirelles are like the Spice Girls of the 60s, typycally the kind of music that a 4 is likely to disdain because it's "popular" and not "deep" or "elite".
I'm not adverse to what is popular myself, although it is possible that some 4s are. I am a bit of a music snob but I go on quality, not how many people like it. My criteria are primarily, melody and emotional truth (and even then, I don't mind the odd hollow, yet fun song :D ), which can come from almost any kind of music. Something like this totally fits that bill (love this song!):

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE_jOD2Fxvs"]The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me[/YOUTUBE]

A

A window to the soul

INFP? guys have you looked at her? i mean i'm not for stereotypical typing but INFP? the dreamy moral unicorns of the MBTI?

let's go through some of her songs. courtesy of an E! list.

i could see it definitely being higher-risk, yeah. along with 7, 9, and 4. any type that indulges itself to escape reality...

Many INFP's on this site have admitted to doing illegal drugs, abusing alcohol, struggling with social anxiety, being in depressed states... I believe I've heard it all. More often than not, are INFPs on this website logically talking themselves out of self-destructive behavior? Give an INFP fortune, fame, crowds of people, a cruel realization that money can't buy 'ideals' and what do you get? You might get Amy Winehouse.

Don't be so quick to rule out an N type because of a stereo-typical NF dream utopia that doesn't exist. The reality is all around you.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Many INFP's on this site have admitted to doing illegal drugs, abusing alcohol, struggling with social anxiety, being in depressed states... I believe I've heard it all. More often than not, are INFPs on this website logically talking themselves out of self-destructive behavior? Give an INFP fortune, fame, crowds of people, a cruel realization that money can't buy 'ideals' and what do you get? You might get Amy Winehouse.

Don't be so quick to rule out an N type because of a stereo-typical NF dream utopia that doesn't exist. The reality is all around you.

joke /jōk/
Noun: A thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, esp. a story with a funny punchline. ;)

seriously though i don't see much N in her writing, which is part of why i said ISxP.

sfgate said:
Ms. Winehouse said living dangerously generated her creativity, and she was often photographed half-dressed, wild-eyed and disheveled.

living on the edge fueled her in a very literal way. it seems Se to me.

i just thought it was funny how common (mis)conception of INFP is like this -

infp+poster2.jpg

when amy winehouse was known for being -

amy-winehouse.jpg

it's just vastly different. hence funny.

thanks for the lecture though, mom! :D

*lives on edge*
*runs*
:run:

A

A window to the soul

For those of you that think Amy is ISFP, what is it about her that screams auxiliary Se and tertiary Ni? Examples from her videos would be most helpful. Preferably examples of when she's clean and sober.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For those of you that think Amy is ISFP, what is it about her that screams auxiliary Se and tertiary Ni? Examples from her videos would be most helpful. Preferably examples of when she's clean and sober.
Tertiary functions do not 'scream' at you often so not really an issue with the watching for Ni or Si in that matter. Rather, for auxiliary, seeing her developed sense of realising particular quality in aesthetically pleasing things has far stronger inclination towards Se then Si.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=8543]Nerd Girl[/MENTION] answered before your post.

A

A window to the soul

Tertiary functions do not 'scream' at you often so not really an issue with the watching for Ni or Si in that matter. Rather, for auxiliary, seeing her developed sense of realising particular quality in aesthetically pleasing things has far stronger inclination towards Se then Si.

That doesn't mean she's an ISFP. Is that all you got? I'm really into aesthetically pleasing, but I'll follow your lead and leave out the details on that.

A

A window to the soul

Tertiary functions do not 'scream' at you often so not really an issue

Exactly, now you're seeing the sarcasm in all of this. You jump on the ISFP bandwagon and say based on her senses of what's aesthetically pleasing, but that almost sounds like a joke. I wonder if we watched the same videos. She's a mess. Where does the aesthetically pleasing part come in? What about a sense of her own body and how much drug she could handle?

Would an SP OD'ing on drugs qualify for the TC sensotard hall of fame?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Exactly, now you're seeing the sarcasm in all of this. You jump on the ISFP bandwagon and say based on her senses of what's aesthetically pleasing, but that almost sounds like a joke. I wonder if we watched the same videos. She's a mess. Where does the aesthetically pleasing part come in? What about her sense of her own body and how much drug she could handle?
Read my post again. You've misunderstood.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guessed ISFP 4w5.....

I can't sing worth a fuck :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not a 4, dudes.

I think you should read Sx 6 description:

Sexual 6: Strength/Beauty

Typycal role: The Warrior

Two differents behavior here. The first is based on overcoming or avoid fear by auto-sugestion or by act of strength and bravado or by a vivid intellect and ferocious ideological positions.

In the second way of expression, fear and doubt are muzzled channeling idealism and 6th sense to create beauty in your environment. This creative dedication help to acquire a stability and to master anxiety.

It's normal then that Sx 6 be so much mistyped as 4, from Angelina jolie to Tupac or Lady Gaga and Amy Winehouse, but if you are aware of how 4 and 6 manifest concretely, you can hardly make the mistake.

Here are true examples of 4w3

[youtube=6jFuWIhDhE8]71-Edith Piaf - Interview 1[/youtube]

[youtube=BZ2d_EyNc2g]Isabelle Adjani and the rumor. Live.[/youtube]

[youtube=S1EYpiRxspA]Steve Merike talks to Marc Bolan of T-Rex on Pop Quest 1975[/youtube]

[youtube=ES-HSmH9Vcw]Rufus Wainwright[/youtube]

[youtube=Vdo_LheYMNY]Interview with Jacqueline du Pre Part 1[/youtube]

And then Amy Winehouse:

[youtube=30LlXJXoHsA]Amy Winehouse interview[/youtube]

Seriously, can't you see the difference?:mellow:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

She comes across to me as a thinking type of some kind.

A

Anew Leaf

In the video that Chana posted before Amy was heavily into drugs, I noticed a lot of what looked like Si...
  • She frequently compared and contrasted the past with her current situation.
  • You can see her having nostalgic moments as she's talking
  • She quickly recalls in detail, without hesitation, the first and last names of artists in her past that she admires.
  • She protects what is known/familiar: her ex-boyfriend, jazz, hip-hop, her emotions and connects with artists that have music that she can emotionally relate to (this last one is probably Fi).
She makes a funny comment in there about being shaped into a triangle after the host makes a comment about the record label managing her; it looked like Ne.

My ISFP friend is like this as well, especially your first three points. She remembers more about our highschool days BY FAR than I do. She conjures up conversations, what happened when we went to this place, etc. And I sit there thinking, huh? I totally don't remember this.

I've liked a couple of her songs, but there is nothing about her that I have ever identified with. Not saying I always or have to identify with other INFPs, but I can usually pick up on the thread they are coming from.

And most importantly I don't see anything Ne about her. Ne is how we interact with the world most of all.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Exactly, now you're seeing the sarcasm in all of this. You jump on the ISFP bandwagon and say based on her senses of what's aesthetically pleasing, but that almost sounds like a joke. I wonder if we watched the same videos. She's a mess. Where does the aesthetically pleasing part come in? What about a sense of her own body and how much drug she could handle?

Would an SP OD'ing on drugs qualify for the TC sensotard hall of fame?

i really doubt she overdosed because she didn't understand her body and didn't know how much it could handle. she was a heavy drug user for at least 5 years, i'm sure she knew the risks she was taking. but she seemed extremely self-destructive and was suffering from a lot of mental illnesses. regardless of what happened, i see it as a form of suicide, not an accidental overdose. anyone living the life she did is slowly killing themselves.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a six sx myself, and I don't identify with her at all..... she is not "The Defender" or "The Buddy".

The Four with a Five wing: The Bohemian

Healthy: People of this subtype tend to be extremely creative, combining emotionality and introspection with perceptiveness and originality. Less concerned with acceptance and status than the other subtype, they are highly personal and idiosyncratic in their self-expresson, creating more for themselves than for an audience. They enjoy the process of creativity and discovery more than that of presentation and are highly exploratory. For better or worse, they are usually defiant of convention and authority, breaking the rules whenever self-expression is an issue.

Average: More introverted and socially withdrawn than the other subtype, these fours tend to dwell more in their imaginations. The real world is less interesting to them than the inner landscapes they create for themselves. They are attracted to the exotic, the mysterious, and the symbolic, and their personal style is often eccentric and unusual. People of this subtype prefer downbeat scenes, choosing a minimalistic lifestyle. They can be intensely private, often seeing themselves as rebellious outsiders. They may have brilliant flashes of insight, but they have trouble sustaining practical efforts in the real world.

This is Amy Winehouse to me. More than likely, sx/so.

She could've had both wings at one time, or used the 3 wing more at first, but what I've seen of her has seemed more 4w5.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a six sx myself, and I don't identify with her at all.....

It's because you are a 6w5 Sx/Sp and she was 6w7 Sx/So, completely different.

she is not "The Defender" or "The Buddy".

She is totally the buddy.

The Four with a Five wing: The Bohemian

Healthy: People of this subtype tend to be extremely creative, combining emotionality and introspection with perceptiveness and originality. Less concerned with acceptance and status than the other subtype, they are highly personal and idiosyncratic in their self-expresson, creating more for themselves than for an audience. They enjoy the process of creativity and discovery more than that of presentation and are highly exploratory. For better or worse, they are usually defiant of convention and authority, breaking the rules whenever self-expression is an issue.

Average: More introverted and socially withdrawn than the other subtype, these fours tend to dwell more in their imaginations. The real world is less interesting to them than the inner landscapes they create for themselves. They are attracted to the exotic, the mysterious, and the symbolic, and their personal style is often eccentric and unusual. People of this subtype prefer downbeat scenes, choosing a minimalistic lifestyle. They can be intensely private, often seeing themselves as rebellious outsiders. They may have brilliant flashes of insight, but they have trouble sustaining practical efforts in the real world.

Hem, bolded is not her at all.

This is Amy Winehouse to me

And you ae wrong.