• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Amy Winehouse

What type is Amy Winehouse?

• ISTP

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • ESTP

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • ISFP

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried to be patient and wait for someone else to step up to the plate on this one, but screw it. I'll be the martyr here. I mean, seriously, how ironic that her type thread was resurrected the day after she died? More less, how was it never once referenced other than subtle usage of past-tense phrases? Am I in a parallel universe right now? I'm looking up and floating down.

MBTI: DEAD
Enneagram: DwCeased

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I tried to be patient and wait for someone else to step up to the plate on this one, but screw it. I'll be the martyr here. I mean, seriously, how ironic that her type thread was resurrected the day after she died? More less, how was it never once referenced other than subtle usage of past-tense phrases? Am I in a parallel universe right now? I'm looking up and floating down.

:nice:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I fully expect a slew of mean reps and responses that both refer to me as nothing less than an insensitive cuntrag, but I'm OK with that. Everyone else was thinking it anyway; Someone had to address the elephant in the room.

A

A window to the soul

I tried to be patient and wait for someone else to step up to the plate on this one, but screw it. I'll be the martyr here.

There ya go! I didn't pay much attention to her when she was alive to type her. By the looks of her in the posted vids, she's been on drugs for a long time. It's a shame that she let herself get sucked into a hole that she couldn't get out of alive. So unnecessary! The costs of addiction are much greater than any short-term gratification. Sadly for her, she paid with her life.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How can you tell what type Amy is, if she's doped up? She appears to be under the influence of something in all of the vids.

pre-drugs

she could have been a 4w3 now that i think of it.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
There ya go! I didn't pay much attention to her when she was alive to type her. By the looks of her in the posted vids, she's been on drugs for a long time. It's a shame that she let herself get sucked into a hole that she couldn't get out of alive. So unnecessary! The costs of addiction are much greater than any short-term gratification. Sadly for her, she paid with her life.

Agreed. It's a shame she spent her last remaining years resembling one of the zombies from the Thriller music video. Definitely talented, but cocaine is indeed a hell of a drug.

G

Ginkgo

I fully expect a slew of mean reps and responses that both refer to me as nothing less than an insensitive cuntrag, but I'm OK with that. Everyone else was thinking it anyway; Someone had to address the elephant in the room.

The medical term is "pantywaste", sir. Pantywaste.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How can you tell what type Amy is, if she's doped up? She appears to be under the influence of something in all of the vids.

Drug addiction is often a clue whe we try to type people. ISTJ for example, are very unlikely to be drug addict, even those who touched on drugs like Victoria Beckam or Nathalie Portman were totally able to control their uptake. Perceiver on others side, are more likely to indulge in their addictions.

I can't see a 4w3 claim to like things like The Shirreles or The Shangri-Las, to be that childlike or that neglected in their presentation. It just does'nt fit. Otherwise she had the palpable anxiety and the wide eyed surprised look of a 6, was codependant in relationships and had a big desire for security and maternity.

A

Anew Leaf

She reminds me a lot of my ISFP friend who is 4w3. I don't see Ne in her at all. I see Se.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Drug addiction is often a clue whe we try to type people. ISTJ for example, are very unlikely to be drug addict, even those who touched on drugs like Victoria Beckam or Nathalie Portman were totally able to control their uptake. Perceiver on others side, are more likely to indulge in their addictions.

I can't see a 4w3 claim to like things like The Shirreles or The Shangri-Las, to be that childlike or that neglected in their presentation. It just does'nt fit. Otherwise she had the palpable anxiety and the wide eyed surprised look of a 6, was codependant in relationships and had a big desire for security and maternity.

lol what? both parts of this are ridiculous, especially the first. anyone can be addicted to drugs, it has nothing to do with mbti type. and why does listening to 60's girl groups mean that someone can't be a 4?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Meh, I like some 60s girl group music & I'm a 4w5. I heard her say once she liked the songs which touched on abusive relationships. Romanticizing tragedy, identifying with something broken, etc, is so 4.

I see her as a 4w3 who was showing disintegrating 2 traits. She was very clingy & desperate about her relationship with her husband. A disintegrating 6 doesn't really come off that way, IMO. I see them more likely to become uncharacteristically image focused (in a bad way), and she had become negligent with her image.

A

A window to the soul

She reminds me a lot of my ISFP friend who is 4w3. I don't see Ne in her at all. I see Se.

I was seeing so much Fi/Si and since Si anchors Ne, it started to make sense to me that she is INFP. I was torn between ISFP and INFP. I'm basing my opinion on the few videos I watched in this thread. Maybe her lyrics reveal more about her, which I don't listen to her music. She said she writes all of her songs.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol what? both parts of this are ridiculous, especially the first. anyone can be addicted to drugs, it has nothing to do with mbti type.

Does'nt matter because even if an ISTJ is addicted to drug, it still behave as an ISTJ. Many ISTJs are alcooholic or addicted to cocaine, hero, etc, but they are very competent at compartimentalize it and to not let that overtake on their job, at least in appearance. So, if someone appears drunk on a screen, it is a big clue about his personality.

and why does listening to 60's girl groups mean that someone can't be a 4?/Meh, I like some 60s girl group music & I'm a 4w5.

Shangri-las and Shirelles are like the Spice Girls of the 60s, typycally the kind of music that a 4 is likely to disdain because it's "popular" and not "deep" or "elite".

I heard her say once she liked the songs which touched on abusive relationships. Romanticizing tragedy, identifying with something broken, etc, is so 4.

You can exibit 4ish trait without being a 4. 4 is about Envy and Melancholy. Whare are they with Amy Winehouse? I don't see that.

I see her as a 4w3 who was showing disintegrating 2 traits. She was very clingy & desperate about her relationship with her husband

Yes, she was coedependant as I said.

A disintegrating 6 doesn't really come off that way, IMO. I see them more likely to become uncharacteristically image focused (in a bad way), and she had become negligent with her image.

Disintegration in 3 is often seen as a combativity in crisis, and often also as being image focused. But not always, 6 comes from the Mental triad, a place where they have not really any sophisticated social image to defend. 4 elsewhere are on the Image Triad and are alway sophisticated. Amy Winehouse was completely out of the Image Triad.

Enneatypes are not only abstract concept but manifest concretely in a bodily and kinesthesic maneer and in a typycal external style. Amy Winehouse exibit typical 6 mannerism, like saying "really", "I think", "you know" compulsively, with blockage in her body and in her thought process, hyper ventilation and need to swallow saliva with difficulties to breathe, alternance between self-assurance and fragility, flirtatious and shy. Come across as bubbly, friendly, casual and childlike, 4w3 navigate between hyperactivity/agressive seduction and serene, genteel, elite, melancholic, deep and contemplative.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uh, where is the option for ESFP?

And you guys just love typing people as 6, don't you?

The 6w7 is the enneatype most prone to addictions.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:thinking:

INFP? guys have you looked at her? i mean i'm not for stereotypical typing but INFP? the dreamy moral unicorns of the MBTI?

let's go through some of her songs. courtesy of an E! list.

"Rehab"
This catchy 2006 song, the first single off Back to Black, her Grammy Award-winning second album, launched the then-23-year-old singer to international stardom. As it happened, "Rehab" also hinted at substance abuse issues to come as Winehouse sang in the refrain about her refusal to seek treatment for addiction. The track received universal acclaim and reached No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100.

"You Know I'm No Good"
The second single off Back to Black, this Mark Ronson-produced tune was an instant hit among critics and fans alike with its sexy blend of R&B and soul as Winehouse crooned about how much she "cheated" and warned her man that she was "trouble."

"Back to Black"
This black-and-white video for the third single off her multiplatinum-selling record of the same name shows Winehouse at her most emotional, singing about a lost lover, all the while we see images of her attending a funeral accompanied by a caravan of mourners behind her. Poignant and, sadly, prophetic.

"Love Is a Losing Game"
Released to radio at the end of 2007, this soulful ballad showed Winehouse at the top of her game. The diva performed the song live at the 2007 Mercury Prize and later the 2008 Brit Awards. George Michael, who invited Winehouse on stage at the end of his 2007 tour at The 02 arena to perform it with him, called "Love Is a Losing Game" one of the songs he'd take with him to a desert island.

All I can ever be to you is a darkness that we know
And this regret I got accustomed to
Once it was so right when we were at our high
Waiting for you in the hotel at night

I knew I hadn't met my match but every moment we could snatch
I don't know why I got so attached
It's my responsibility and you don't owe nothing to me
But to walk away, I have no capacity

He walks away, the sun goes down
He takes the day but I'm gone
And in your way in this blue shade
My tears dry on their own

I don't understand, why do I stress the man
When there's so many better things at hand
We could've never had it all, we had to hit a wall
So this is inevitable withdrawal

Even if I stop wanting you, a perspective pushes through
I'll be some next man's other woman soon
I cannot play myself again, I should just be my own best friend
Not fuck myself in the head with stupid men

So we are history, your shadow covers me
The sky above, a blaze

I wish I could sing no regrets and no emotional debts
'Cause as we kiss goodbye the sun sets
So we are history, the shadow covers me
The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see

And in your way my blue shade

He takes the day but I am gone
And in your way my deep shade

And in your way my deep shade
My tears dry

well at least her variant is pretty clear, sx/sp.

i could easily see ISxP, and 6w7. or 7w6, i suppose, though she's a little dark for that. i see the 4w3 darkness/energy combo in terms of her bearing but not so much in her presentation.

4 elsewhere are on the Image Triad and are alway sophisticated.

haha love you speed but no way, i've got a confirmed 4w5 friend (i mean seriously she is the epitome of 4w5, starving oddball artist painting half-human half-carcasses) and "sophisticated" is one of the last words i'd ever use to describe her... aesthetic maybe... but sophisticated definitely not! i'm pretty sure a good deal of her identity is in rejecting "sophistication"...

mal12345 said:
The 6w7 is the enneatype most prone to addictions

i could see it definitely being higher-risk, yeah. along with 7, 9, and 4. any type that indulges itself to escape reality...

A

A window to the soul

Could you develop on that?
In the video that Chana posted before Amy was heavily into drugs, I noticed a lot of what looked like Si...
  • She frequently compared and contrasted the past with her current situation.
  • You can see her having nostalgic moments as she's talking
  • She quickly recalls in detail, without hesitation, the first and last names of artists in her past that she admires.
  • She protects what is known/familiar: her ex-boyfriend, jazz, hip-hop, her emotions and connects with artists that have music that she can emotionally relate to (this last one is probably Fi).
She makes a funny comment in there about being shaped into a triangle after the host makes a comment about the record label managing her; it looked like Ne.