Poll: What type is Amy Winehouse?

First 56789 Last

Thread: Amy Winehouse

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    It's because you are a 6w5 Sx/Sp and she was 6w7 Sx/So, completely different.

She is totally the buddy.

Hem, bolded is not her at all.

And you ae wrong.
    I think it describes her.....
    It says she creates "more for herself than for an audience", and that could be true. That doesn't mean that she doesn't create AT ALL for an audience. It just means that her creations are done more as an expression of the self. A 3 more creates for an audience specifically.
    The real world does appear to be less interesting to Amy. She's not what I would call a realist.
    As far as a minimalistic lifestyle: She generally did not pursue dating Hollywood celebrities, buying huge mansions, a "glamorous" lifestyle, or any of the other more lavish things materialistic lifestyles offer. She came from a musical family, she was trained to sing, and she got signed. It didn't change the true person. It's not about having money, but how the person chooses to spend their lives regardless, that clues one in to the true personality.
    Amy is the true rebel.... the isfp who defies the rules without skipping a beat. She is one who would never change that. She's the one all the wanna-be's, wanna be.

As opposed to:

The six with a seven-wing: The Buddy

Healthy: Engaging and funny, people of this subtype are less serious than the other subtype-- they tend to avoid heavy topics and restrict their focus on their security needs (taxes, bills, office politics, and the like). They are serious, however, about commitments and make sacrifices to ensure the safety and well-being of their family and friends. They also enjoy good company, kidding around, and emphasizing their connections with others.

Average: These people are eager to be liked and accepted, but they are also more hesitant to speak out about themselves or their problems. While sociable, they are also insecure and depend on loved ones for reassurance and advice before coming to important decisions. They have problems with procrastination and initiating projects on their own. They tend to get into diversions and distractions to quiet that anxiety, including sports, shopping, and "hanging out" with others. Overeating, drinking, and substance abuse are possible. They are not particularly political but can be opinionated and vocal about their likes and dislikes. Anxiety about personal failings or important relationships can lead to depression.

The only part that really fits her here is the substance abuse being possible. There's nothing here that gives me any ideas this fits Amy Winehouse, otherwise.

The 4 with a 3 wing: The Aristocrat

Healthy: People in this subtype combine creativity with ambition, the desire for self-improvement and an eye toward achieving goals, often involving their personal advancement. They are more sociable than people of the other subtype and want to be successful and distinctive. They feel the need to communicate themselves and their creative efforts to others, and so they care both about finding the right mode of expression and about avoiding anything off-putting or in bad taste. They create with an audience in mind.

Average: These people are more self-conscious and aware of issues regarding self-worth and how they are coming across to others than people of the other subtype. They want recognition for themselves and their work, and they typically put more effort into everything having to do with their self-presentation and related matters. They are more practical but also more extravagant, loving refinement, culture, and sophistication - typically seeing themselves as high class, elegant, and concerned with social acceptance. They can be competitive and disdainful of others; grandiosity and narcissism are expressed more openly and directly.

She could be a 4w3 gone wrong...... or she could have both wings. But she is one or the other, or both, as I expressed previously. She does seem more 4w5 to me, and a record company helped to develop the rest. I can be very 6w7 at times, as well. I just don't rest there. She seems to be very 4w3 in alot of ways, but she doesn't seem to rest there. She's more of a 4w5 to me who was thrusted into a more 4w3 lifestyle.

End result is: I can't decide between 4w5 or 4w3 lol...... she has clues of some of both, as I do when it comes to 6w5 vs. 6w7. If I had to pick one, it would definitely be 4w5, so I'm sticking with that! I've seen some 4w3's, and they are much more obviously "aristocratic".
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    My ISFP friend is like this as well, especially your first three points. She remembers more about our highschool days BY FAR than I do. She conjures up conversations, what happened when we went to this place, etc. And I sit there thinking, huh? I totally don't remember this.

I've liked a couple of her songs, but there is nothing about her that I have ever identified with. Not saying I always or have to identify with other INFPs, but I can usually pick up on the thread they are coming from.

And most importantly I don't see anything Ne about her. Ne is how we interact with the world most of all.
    Hmmm...interesting...ISFP could be a possibility....I also thought of ISTP for her because of some of her tough talk about Kylie Minogue being "a pony" and other public statements about other pop artists...still could be SFP, I'm just saying that STP doesn't seem implausible either.

I really identified with "Love is a Losing Game" and I like her music, I "get it"...but on the other hand I think the message in "Rehab" was terrible and is quite telling of someone with serious fucking issues, it's not surprising she OD'd after releasing a single with those particular lyrics and attitude. On the other hand, I find that one particular lyric where she says that therapy can't teach her anything that her favorite soul musician can't, that resonates somewhat with my mindset when I was younger...I think she believed in cultural knowledge passed down through art and music more than she trusted academic knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i really doubt she overdosed because she didn't understand her body and didn't know how much it could handle. she was a heavy drug user for at least 5 years, i'm sure she knew the risks she was taking. but she seemed extremely self-destructive and was suffering from a lot of mental illnesses. regardless of what happened, i see it as a form of suicide, not an accidental overdose. anyone living the life she did is slowly killing themselves.
    Yeah I read an article ...she purchased cocaine, ketamine, ecstasy, and heroin in one night...she KNEW what she was doing and had been on a drinking binge the week prior. People who do drugs know what that mixture of drugs would do.

I think she may have been a very sick ISxP...it's hard to tell because of her mental problems, which I think were Borderline Personality Disorder in light of her eating disorders, self-harm, over-the-top drug use, and other behaviors.

Her behavior over the past like five years was horrifying, put Courtney Love to shame...someone else who I think has a very severe case of BPD combined with drug addiction.

MBTI
    INFP

My guess is ISTP.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    INFP

Hmmmm....

I love this picture of her. Just typing from it, she doesn't look T to me.
    Hot-hearted head

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzling Berry View Post
    Hmmmm....

I love this picture of her. Just typing from it, she doesn't look T to me.
    She's pretty in this picture. I don't think she looks very T either. She has always seemed melancholy to me.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

She does have a sort of dreaminess in her eyes there. I've never thought much of typing based on photographs though.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    She does have a sort of dreaminess in her eyes there. I've never thought much of typing based on photographs though.
    I tend to type based on a whole picture. I don't think typing can be done by one method, so I will take into account many.

One little thing that really bothers me when thinking Amy could be istp is that Amy explains that she wanted to write with "emotionality". I think she said the word "emotional" 4 times in two minutes....
    I don't even think I knew the meaning of the word "emotion" until I was 35..... lol.
    Emotions weren't natural at all for me. I didn't know how to express them at all until later. I'm not saying it's not possible for an istp, but it doesn't seem "right" for someone as young as Amy to be an istp and be that in-touch with their emotions. In other words, she's interested in them, whereas they may as well not have existed as far as I was concerned. I ignored my feelings and still do as much as I can. I'm just not interested.

If someone has had a different experience, correct me if I'm wrong.
    I think if I would've written music back then, it would've sounded a lot more like Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me" lmao..... or AC/DC.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I tend to type based on a whole picture. I don't think typing can be done by one method, so I will take into account many.

One little thing that really bothers me when thinking Amy could be istp is that Amy explains that she wanted to write with "emotionality". I think she said the word "emotional" 4 times in two minutes....
    I don't even think I knew the meaning of the word "emotion" until I was 35..... lol.
    Emotions weren't natural at all for me. I didn't know how to express them at all until later. I'm not saying it's not possible for an istp, but it doesn't seem "right" for someone as young as Amy to be an istp and be that in-touch with their emotions. In other words, she's interested in them, whereas they may as well not have existed as far as I was concerned.

If someone has had a different experience, correct me if I'm wrong.
    I think if I would've written music back then, it would've sounded a lot more like Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me" lmao..... or AC/DC.
    You have a really good point. I'm going to go with ISFP then.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

She's really obviously disturbed even before the drugs, so it's hard to really say. That said, I really really don't think she's a thinker, particularly not an ISTP. She keeps going on and on about emotions and feelings and making people feel things with her music, which granted is partly a musician thing, but she comes across as very Fi.

If I had to guess I'd say ISFP at least pre-drugs. After drugs she seems to act more ESTP.
    -end of thread-

Banned
    MBTI
    ISFP

ISFJ

yup... ISFJ