User Tag List

Poll: What type is Amy Winehouse?

First 45678 Last

Thread: Amy Winehouse

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Tertiary functions do not 'scream' at you often so not really an issue
    Exactly, now you're seeing the sarcasm in all of this. You jump on the ISFP bandwagon and say based on her senses of what's aesthetically pleasing, but that almost sounds like a joke. I wonder if we watched the same videos. She's a mess. Where does the aesthetically pleasing part come in? What about a sense of her own body and how much drug she could handle?

Would an SP OD'ing on drugs qualify for the TC sensotard hall of fame?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Exactly, now you're seeing the sarcasm in all of this. You jump on the ISFP bandwagon and say based on her senses of what's aesthetically pleasing, but that almost sounds like a joke. I wonder if we watched the same videos. She's a mess. Where does the aesthetically pleasing part come in? What about her sense of her own body and how much drug she could handle?
    Read my post again. You've misunderstood.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I guessed ISFP 4w5.....

I can't sing worth a fuck
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Not a 4, dudes.

I think you should read Sx 6 description:

Sexual 6: Strength/Beauty

Typycal role: The Warrior

Two differents behavior here. The first is based on overcoming or avoid fear by auto-sugestion or by act of strength and bravado or by a vivid intellect and ferocious ideological positions.

In the second way of expression, fear and doubt are muzzled channeling idealism and 6th sense to create beauty in your environment. This creative dedication help to acquire a stability and to master anxiety.

It's normal then that Sx 6 be so much mistyped as 4, from Angelina jolie to Tupac or Lady Gaga and Amy Winehouse, but if you are aware of how 4 and 6 manifest concretely, you can hardly make the mistake.

Here are true examples of 4w3

[youtube=6jFuWIhDhE8]71-Edith Piaf - Interview 1[/youtube]

[youtube=BZ2d_EyNc2g]Isabelle Adjani and the rumor. Live.[/youtube]

[youtube=S1EYpiRxspA]Steve Merike talks to Marc Bolan of T-Rex on Pop Quest 1975[/youtube]

[youtube=ES-HSmH9Vcw]Rufus Wainwright[/youtube]

[youtube=Vdo_LheYMNY]Interview with Jacqueline du Pre Part 1[/youtube]

And then Amy Winehouse:

[youtube=30LlXJXoHsA]Amy Winehouse interview[/youtube]

Seriously, can't you see the difference?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Banned

Her type is DEAD.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

For those of you that think Amy is ISFP, what is it about her that screams auxiliary Se and tertiary Ni? Examples from her videos would be most helpful. Preferably examples of when she's clean and sober.
    She comes across to me as a thinking type of some kind.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Anew Leaf

In the video that Chana posted before Amy was heavily into drugs, I noticed a lot of what looked like Si...
    • She frequently compared and contrasted the past with her current situation.
    • You can see her having nostalgic moments as she's talking
    • She quickly recalls in detail, without hesitation, the first and last names of artists in her past that she admires.
    • She protects what is known/familiar: her ex-boyfriend, jazz, hip-hop, her emotions and connects with artists that have music that she can emotionally relate to (this last one is probably Fi).

She makes a funny comment in there about being shaped into a triangle after the host makes a comment about the record label managing her; it looked like Ne.
    My ISFP friend is like this as well, especially your first three points. She remembers more about our highschool days BY FAR than I do. She conjures up conversations, what happened when we went to this place, etc. And I sit there thinking, huh? I totally don't remember this.

I've liked a couple of her songs, but there is nothing about her that I have ever identified with. Not saying I always or have to identify with other INFPs, but I can usually pick up on the thread they are coming from.

And most importantly I don't see anything Ne about her. Ne is how we interact with the world most of all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Exactly, now you're seeing the sarcasm in all of this. You jump on the ISFP bandwagon and say based on her senses of what's aesthetically pleasing, but that almost sounds like a joke. I wonder if we watched the same videos. She's a mess. Where does the aesthetically pleasing part come in? What about a sense of her own body and how much drug she could handle?

Would an SP OD'ing on drugs qualify for the TC sensotard hall of fame?
    i really doubt she overdosed because she didn't understand her body and didn't know how much it could handle. she was a heavy drug user for at least 5 years, i'm sure she knew the risks she was taking. but she seemed extremely self-destructive and was suffering from a lot of mental illnesses. regardless of what happened, i see it as a form of suicide, not an accidental overdose. anyone living the life she did is slowly killing themselves.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm a six sx myself, and I don't identify with her at all..... she is not "The Defender" or "The Buddy".

The Four with a Five wing: The Bohemian

Healthy: People of this subtype tend to be extremely creative, combining emotionality and introspection with perceptiveness and originality. Less concerned with acceptance and status than the other subtype, they are highly personal and idiosyncratic in their self-expresson, creating more for themselves than for an audience. They enjoy the process of creativity and discovery more than that of presentation and are highly exploratory. For better or worse, they are usually defiant of convention and authority, breaking the rules whenever self-expression is an issue.

Average: More introverted and socially withdrawn than the other subtype, these fours tend to dwell more in their imaginations. The real world is less interesting to them than the inner landscapes they create for themselves. They are attracted to the exotic, the mysterious, and the symbolic, and their personal style is often eccentric and unusual. People of this subtype prefer downbeat scenes, choosing a minimalistic lifestyle. They can be intensely private, often seeing themselves as rebellious outsiders. They may have brilliant flashes of insight, but they have trouble sustaining practical efforts in the real world.

This is Amy Winehouse to me. More than likely, sx/so.

She could've had both wings at one time, or used the 3 wing more at first, but what I've seen of her has seemed more 4w5.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I'm a six sx myself, and I don't identify with her at all.....
    It's because you are a 6w5 Sx/Sp and she was 6w7 Sx/So, completely different.

she is not "The Defender" or "The Buddy".
    She is totally the buddy.

The Four with a Five wing: The Bohemian

Healthy: People of this subtype tend to be extremely creative, combining emotionality and introspection with perceptiveness and originality. Less concerned with acceptance and status than the other subtype, they are highly personal and idiosyncratic in their self-expresson, creating more for themselves than for an audience. They enjoy the process of creativity and discovery more than that of presentation and are highly exploratory. For better or worse, they are usually defiant of convention and authority, breaking the rules whenever self-expression is an issue.

Average: More introverted and socially withdrawn than the other subtype, these fours tend to dwell more in their imaginations. The real world is less interesting to them than the inner landscapes they create for themselves. They are attracted to the exotic, the mysterious, and the symbolic, and their personal style is often eccentric and unusual. People of this subtype prefer downbeat scenes, choosing a minimalistic lifestyle. They can be intensely private, often seeing themselves as rebellious outsiders. They may have brilliant flashes of insight, but they have trouble sustaining practical efforts in the real world.
    Hem, bolded is not her at all.

This is Amy Winehouse to me
    And you ae wrong.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan