Poll: What type is Amy Winehouse?

First 34567 Last

Thread: Amy Winehouse

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I think she's hard to type but I don't think she's a INFP. I'm rather conflicted but the best I can narrow it down to is she's some sort of SP, probably a 4w3.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    and why does listening to 60's girl groups mean that someone can't be a 4?
    Exactly. I'm a 4 and rather like 60s girl groups and early Motown. I love The Ronettes, The Supremes, The Shirelles, Martha and the Vandellas etc

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Shangri-las and Shirelles are like the Spice Girls of the 60s, typycally the kind of music that a 4 is likely to disdain because it's "popular" and not "deep" or "elite".
    I'm not adverse to what is popular myself, although it is possible that some 4s are. I am a bit of a music snob but I go on quality, not how many people like it. My criteria are primarily, melody and emotional truth (and even then, I don't mind the odd hollow, yet fun song ), which can come from almost any kind of music. Something like this totally fits that bill (love this song!):

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE_jOD2Fxvs"]The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me[/YOUTUBE]
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    INFP? guys have you looked at her? i mean i'm not for stereotypical typing but INFP? the dreamy moral unicorns of the MBTI?

let's go through some of her songs. courtesy of an E! list.

i could see it definitely being higher-risk, yeah. along with 7, 9, and 4. any type that indulges itself to escape reality...
    Many INFP's on this site have admitted to doing illegal drugs, abusing alcohol, struggling with social anxiety, being in depressed states... I believe I've heard it all. More often than not, are INFPs on this website logically talking themselves out of self-destructive behavior? Give an INFP fortune, fame, crowds of people, a cruel realization that money can't buy 'ideals' and what do you get? You might get Amy Winehouse.

Don't be so quick to rule out an N type because of a stereo-typical NF dream utopia that doesn't exist. The reality is all around you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Many INFP's on this site have admitted to doing illegal drugs, abusing alcohol, struggling with social anxiety, being in depressed states... I believe I've heard it all. More often than not, are INFPs on this website logically talking themselves out of self-destructive behavior? Give an INFP fortune, fame, crowds of people, a cruel realization that money can't buy 'ideals' and what do you get? You might get Amy Winehouse.

Don't be so quick to rule out an N type because of a stereo-typical NF dream utopia that doesn't exist. The reality is all around you.
    joke /jōk/
    Noun: A thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, esp. a story with a funny punchline.

seriously though i don't see much N in her writing, which is part of why i said ISxP.

Quote Originally Posted by sfgate
    Ms. Winehouse said living dangerously generated her creativity, and she was often photographed half-dressed, wild-eyed and disheveled.
    living on the edge fueled her in a very literal way. it seems Se to me.

i just thought it was funny how common (mis)conception of INFP is like this -

when amy winehouse was known for being -

it's just vastly different. hence funny.

thanks for the lecture though, mom!

*lives on edge*
    *runs*

A window to the soul

For those of you that think Amy is ISFP, what is it about her that screams auxiliary Se and tertiary Ni? Examples from her videos would be most helpful. Preferably examples of when she's clean and sober.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i'm sticking with isfp
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    ISFP 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    She reminds me a lot of my ISFP friend who is 4w3. I don't see Ne in her at all. I see Se.
    This

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

For those of you that think Amy is ISFP, what is it about her that screams auxiliary Se and tertiary Ni? Examples from her videos would be most helpful. Preferably examples of when she's clean and sober.
    Tertiary functions do not 'scream' at you often so not really an issue with the watching for Ni or Si in that matter. Rather, for auxiliary, seeing her developed sense of realising particular quality in aesthetically pleasing things has far stronger inclination towards Se then Si.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    This
    Specifically what is it about her behavior that leads you to conclude ISFP?

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Tertiary functions do not 'scream' at you often so not really an issue with the watching for Ni or Si in that matter. Rather, for auxiliary, seeing her developed sense of realising particular quality in aesthetically pleasing things has far stronger inclination towards Se then Si.
    That doesn't mean she's an ISFP. Is that all you got? I'm really into aesthetically pleasing, but I'll follow your lead and leave out the details on that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Is that all you got?
    Yes