Poll: What type is Amy Winehouse?

First 89101112 Last

Thread: Amy Winehouse

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Above all, Personality Disorder, by definition help us to determine their personality type, not prevent us.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I think you can type a drug addict or person with a pd if you know enough about them. Like my ESFJ ex has a pd, but when he's being Dr. Jeckyll instead of Mr. Hyde, he's clearly ESFJ, and couldn't possibly be any other type...he's such an ESFJ.

My sister was on drugs for a long time, she's sober now but I know she's an ExFP (err...tests ENFP but so do I, and she's awfully fond of "hands on" things...she's practically a horticulturalist, she has the green thumb, she has a fucking green house of plants and can save dying plants; in school she also preferred hard sciences, majored in biology. She's also more aggressive than I am (if you can imagine) which actually makes her seem bordering on a stereotypical ESTP at times. Underneath everything me and her are sooo much like, even our mother thinks so and she knows nothing about MBTI...so anyway, we're both ExFP.)

I think you can watch videos of Amy Winehouse before she was strung out, and also look at her motives for her art and at the very least surmise she's an Fi type. I think she's definitely FP.
    I think some people with pd's can be typed, but not all. Sociopaths, for instance, can never be typed. They have no personality type. Other people with pd's can't be typed either.... it depends on the person and the disorder. Disorders can cause people to act, think, and feel completely unlike themselves for years at a time, and drugs can too.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I think some people with pd's can be typed, but not all. Sociopaths, for instance, can never be typed. They have no personality type. Other people with pd's can't be typed either.... it depends on the person and the disorder. Disorders can cause people to act, think, and feel completely unlike themselves for years at a time, and drugs can too.
    Yeah it could depend on the severity of the pd, like you say sociopaths and I would say some extreme cases of Borderline Personality Disorder (like Courtney Love...does anyone know what her type is?) ...and severity of drug use. Amy Winehouse was so incredibly far gone on drugs at the end of her life that yes I'd say she was untypable at that point. But there was an Amy Winehouse that we can see prior to being a crackhead, and the person who created her art before she destroyed herself. But like, no, if we only knew crackhead Amy Winehouse she'd be untypable.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Yeah it could depend on the severity of the pd, like you say sociopaths and I would say some extreme cases of Borderline Personality Disorder (like Courtney Love...does anyone know what her type is?) ..
    Courtney Love is an obvious ExFP. 8w7 Sx/So
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yeah it could depend on the severity of the pd, like you say sociopaths and I would say some extreme cases of Borderline Personality Disorder (like Courtney Love...does anyone know what her type is?) ...and severity of drug use. Amy Winehouse was so incredibly far gone on drugs at the end of her life that yes I'd say she was untypable at that point. But there was an Amy Winehouse that we can see prior to being a crackhead, and the person who created her art before she destroyed herself. But like, no, if we only knew crackhead Amy Winehouse she'd be untypable.
    Some people also can not develop enough to form any sort of identity before they become disordered. So there are cases where people with disorders are untypeable because they are undeveloped.... I don't know all of the types of cases, I just know they exist.

Other people can be "going through the motions" of life, like a walking zombie, and not really be what they appear to be; they were simply directed there. And that doesn't look at all like what it is sometimes.....

Just something to think about, for me anyways......

As far as Amy goes, I do think in general that no one here can really know for sure what type a celebrity is. In Amy's case, she could be acting most of the time we see her and/or being directed by her record company/management as well. But I can certainly take a stab at what she appears to be.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Courtney Love is an obvious ExFP. 8w7 Sx/So
    What about her says "ENFP"? Just out of curiosity. I've seen someone type her as ESTJ because of her intensity and domineering behavior, but if she's an ESTJ she's a very sick one, and ESFP could be plausible, if she were in an Se/Te loop and acting out. But, honestly, is it just a stereotype to say she's ExFP simply because of her erratic behavior?

D - Drunk
    E - Eroded
    A - Arrogant
    D - Druged

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

What about her says "ENFP"? Just out of curiosity. I've seen someone type her as ESTJ because of her intensity and domineering behavior, but if she's an ESTJ she's a very sick one, and ESFP could be plausible, if she were in an Se/Te loop and acting out. But, honestly, is it just a stereotype to say she's ExFP simply because of her erratic behavior?
    I think she's more ESFP. But, well, she's clearly E, don't pay attention to logic and is versatile with a carefree lifestyle.

Does'nt she appear ESFP on theses interview?

[youtube=qGkOlANTeEQ]COURTNEY LOVE PART 2[/youtube]
    [youtube=ypwWjcaiNZ4]Courtney Love at the NME Awards 2010 [/youtube]
    [youtube=sOr13VBSfhU]courtney love entire david letterman appearance[/youtube]
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I've seen her typed as enfj and esfj before too.....
    I think she's NUTS ha.....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

@SpeedGavaroche

Yes, I can definitely see ExFP in her in the first interview, she seems healthier and saner there, and I actually relate to the stuff she's saying...I'm presuming this is when she was younger and Kurt was still alive?

She also seems surprisingly on top of her game in that 2010 interview, so I'm guessing that the media is exaggerating incidents she has when drunk/high/angry...but then there's her behavior in the David Letterman interview, but she's probably on some kind of substance there.

Based on the first interview alone I'd definitely say ExFP, she doesn't seem FJ or TJ at all. If I didn't believe in function theory I might say ExTP is a possibility but she seems more like an Fi type.