User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is John Lennon - INFP or ENFP??

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

123 Last

Thread: John Lennon

Default John Lennon

John Lennon

You Must Be Registered To Vote

Surprised there is no thread for him yet. I thought I'd start discussion here rather than in the NF songwriters thread.

Firstly I think he is an N. If anyone wants to dispute it they can, but that seems a good starting point that we all know is right.

I don't think he is an NFJ, and most NFJs I know agree.

From there I can't decide between the remaining 6. I actually think he is an NTJ at the moment, because he reminds me of one of my friends, who I can't type but think is NTJ.

The hippy part seems to convince people that he is an FP. And the music seems to be very personal, but most music is. I have no problem with an NFP typing, I'm just in no way certain that he is one. Sometimes I feel like I have more in common with McCartney as an ESFP, even though I idolise Lennon. Other times he seems really similar. Some things like acknowledging everyone and everything he passes are very ENFP.

I can see merit in the NTP which has been suggested too. At one stage I wanted to type him INTP, and it isn't a bad fit.

So yeh, I'm looking for some completely impartial reasons why he is a certain type. Something concrete to tip it one way, or rule out a few of the options.
    Last edited by highlander; 12-18-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP

I seen NFP in him, but I am also unsure.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so weird i just asked a friend the same question earlier today...i kind of see nfp too...not sure.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I believe he is an ENTJ. If you know a lot of them (healthy and unhealthy) and you know a lot about him, you might agree.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I don't know EVERYTHING about him, but I do know a lot. I don't know if it says a lot, but I do identify with Lennon a whole lot. I'd say he's also low E, high N, low T and low J.
    Other, more "extreme" ENTJ's (very strong percentages in their preferences) are mostly very different. Less prone to like poetry/singing/art, floating around in fantasies and not very laid back at all. Some of us are just evil assholes when it's needed

Just came to think of something The guy might actually have done a huge impact upon my sense of humor, taste in music and all sorts of stuff O.o
    The Beatles was the first band that I actively took an interest in, after watching the comedy/music video-movie "Help!" about 200 times as an eight-year-old. Not kidding about the number of times
    Maybe John Lennon indirectly became some kind of role model for little Jesus? ^^

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Neat. Personally I LOVE ENTJs and think Lennon was fantastic. He wasn't THAT floaty, just because he had floaty ideas and was on drugs a lot. ;D I think that he was a very shrewd person and very good with money and extremely headstrong and also a force to be reckoned with, determined, unstoppable. And yes, he was also artistic and poetic and romantic (my little ENTJ brother is actually quite romantic).

Gordon Ramsey and Sean Penn are probably ENTJs (from my view) and they are quite artistic in different ways...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I have read a bit about him, and he strikes me as an INTJ. You don't have to be NFP to be a dreamer, or imagine a better world..once you get an NTJ behind a cause, they carry it out strongly. No way was he a P, nor an F. He was, unfortunately, a little self-centered, and the Beatles didn't really get along. He was a power driver with his causes, and I can't see an NFP being that way.

INTJ.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?
    Likes Doomkid liked this post

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Total NF. No logic circuits installed.

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? "

"I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong. "

"I don't believe in killing whatever the reason."

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."

"We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it."
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

My INTJ brother doesn't believe in killing whatever the reason, either...

These statements could easily be made by an NT.

ENTJ, trust me, trust me. Haha... why should you?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    These statements could easily be made by an NT.
    Yes. They could have been made by anyone. But when attempting to type a dead celebrity, it's best to go with most likely rather than shred of possibility.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel