User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is John Lennon - INFP or ENFP??

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 68

Thread: John Lennon

  1. #21

    Default

    "I believe in everything until it's disproved."

    I wouldn't mind seeing the ENTJs comments on this. I know it is very ENFP and Ne, but I don't think it isn't ENTJ. They seem to be very open to ideas and creativity. And INTJs seem to be massively into fantasy.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

  2. #22
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Get an NTJ behind these ideas, and you have one productive activist, inspirationalist, and idealist. It's not what you believe in and feel, but how you believe in it and how you feel about it.

    Does he like the idea of believing in these things? Does it add to the type of character he sees himself as? It's the ego telling him who he is. He has an identity he's trying to view himself as.

    I can't possibly see him as an NF.

    I don't know why people always automatically associate NF with concepts of faith and mysticism, and stereotype NTs as strictly logical, intellectual, pragmatistical pessemists. Lennon wasn't that, yet he is clearly an NT. Ghandi was an INTJ, as was Jesus, in my opinion. They knew what they believed in and executed it in a very NTJ fashion. They focused on it, they took it to the max, not letting their guard down.
    I dunno what to say to this except I disagree with pretty much all of it. If Ghandi is an INTJ, then the whole typing system is meaningless and we should just scrap it. Dude is pretty much the prototype for NF. And guess who's the #2 choice? Lennon! Focusing on something does not make you an NT.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I dunno what to say to this except I disagree with pretty much all of it. If Ghandi is an INTJ, then the whole typing system is meaningless and we should just scrap it. Dude is pretty much the prototype for NF. And guess who's the #2 choice? Lennon! Focusing on something does not make you an NT.
    Really?

    But my big brother is INTJ (and my little one is ENTJ... so looky what a perfect position I'm in for this conversation haha) and he actually reminds me of ghandi!!! I don't understand why ghandi HAS to be NF. I'm not sure people don't sometimes OVERtype people, if you know what I mean. He did x and felt x therefore he must be NF, SP, etc... Not really accurate.

    Portrait of an INTJ:
    My INTJ brother was very sensitive and sweet growing up. Saved me from a mean neighbor dog that would chase us home from the bus stop every day. Saved me all his treats or pictures from school when I was too little to go myself. But very intellectually detached and as a teenager would hole up in his room for days reading and come down every 12 hours to get more cold bagels. Thin, almost emaciated. An activist. Very righteous about his causes. Extremely anti-violence, anti-death penalty, anti-war. He would lend me 10 bucks growing up and then want it paid back right away, but as an adult he has lent me $100 and refused repayment. He is very kind and interested in his family and is incredibly loyal to his INTP fiancee. Logic reigns supreme in argument, discussion, but kindness and love towards his family never wavers (though he is not effusive or mushy). I kiss my parents on the lips as a greeting when I haven't seen them in a long time and my ESTP brother but NOT my other brothers, especially not the INTJ. But if you ask me who I am truly closest with, who knows the most about me and I about him and who have I confided in and been confided in -- the INTJ! (I have three other brothers: ENFJ, ESTP, ENTJ.) The INTJ is also the one who judges me the least and who is the most accepting and open when it comes to judging other people.

    Why couldn't he be ghandi's type, or, better, why couldn't ghandi have been this (INTJ) type?!

    As for Lennon, just knowing his views isn't enough. You gotta look at his life, his treatment of his first wife, his pants down at brothels, his lion-like determination and leadership, and a whole host of other things. I know ENTJs and they have a definite romantic streak - not even streak, bent.

    P.S. Haven't you all noticed that it is T's who can seen the most emotionally frail or childlike? That's because they have less control of F than F's... right?

  4. #24
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    you guys are confusing me! stop it!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  5. #25
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #26
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    INTP
    hey...that's what my intp friend said...interesting.

    i'd love to hear your reasons too if you feel like it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  7. #27
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Malia, are you sure you're brother is a T?

  8. #28
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    I don't know enough about his writing and musical method to know otherwise, as I don't listen to the Beatles or any of his things personally. However I would guess INFP. But others with more knowledge seem to think INTP.

    I don't see it at all.



  9. #29
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    INFP although I don't think INFJ is impossible. I don't see Lennon as even close to being INTP. He is an Idealist not a Rationalist.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Lennon
    A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

    Everything is clearer when you're in love.

    Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.

    God is a concept by which we measure our pain

    All we are saying is give peace a chance.

    I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?

    I don't believe in killing whatever the reason!

    I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.

    If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal.

    Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.

    We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it.
    That is the quintessential INFP
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Malia, are you sure you're brother is a T?
    Yes, yes, and yes. I've never met a stronger one. As me any question you want to narrow it down. I won't bother listing the reasons because all I have to do is copy and paste INTJ profile descriptions in their entirity and put them here. ;-)

    I talked more about his loving side because I want to underline to F types that T's are loving and can exhibit feeling. Just because they are T's doesn't make them devoid of that. No, he's not outwardly emotional, but if you get to know him he is inherently kind to those few he cares about. He can go through terrible things (like the breakup he had with his ex which I know hurt him deeply and caused him to attempt suicide) but you would never know because you ask him and he says he's doing "ok" with no emotion attached. Two years later I find out what really happened only because he mentions it to help explain something else... and I'm like, "What?!" This is a very signature INTJ trait. He is also a systems builder and collects information in the most massive quantity imaginable. He is competitive at card games and quickly becomes an expert at any he tries, analyzing the game and making a system to win, and if you argue with him about anything logical he can get you to be frustrated to tears while he cooly and calmly sits back, secure in his accurate defense, and confused at your rash emotionality.

    Ok, I just started to explain his T-ness, like I said I wouldn't. Need any other proof though? ;P

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] The Mistyping of John Lennon
    By Mal12345 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-17-2017, 05:54 PM
  2. "Imagine the Band" by John Lennon and Wings
    By Mal12345 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 03:47 PM
  3. Was John Lennon Anti-religion?
    By Mal12345 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 10:43 AM
  4. John Edwards On WTC Building 7
    By FranG in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 07:11 PM
  5. John Kricfalusi's Type
    By ladypinkington in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 01:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO