User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is John Lennon - INFP or ENFP??

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 1234 Last

Thread: John Lennon

Touche. However, don't you think he's got the physical characteristics of an ENTJ, too? If you buy into that... (maybe you don't)

MBTI
    ENTP

I didn't know much about the man, and I was going based upon assumption. I could see NTJ in what I know about him.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Total NF. No logic circuits installed.

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? "

"I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong. "

"I don't believe in killing whatever the reason."

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."

"We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it."
    Get an NTJ behind these ideas, and you have one productive activist, inspirationalist, and idealist. It's not what you believe in and feel, but how you believe in it and how you feel about it.

Does he like the idea of believing in these things? Does it add to the type of character he sees himself as? It's the ego telling him who he is. He has an identity he's trying to view himself as.

I can't possibly see him as an NF.

I don't know why people always automatically associate NF with concepts of faith and mysticism, and stereotype NTs as strictly logical, intellectual, pragmatistical pessemists. Lennon wasn't that, yet he is clearly an NT. Ghandi was an INTJ, as was Jesus, in my opinion. They knew what they believed in and executed it in a very NTJ fashion. They focused on it, they took it to the max, not letting their guard down.

Don't assume too much about NTs and NFs, as a general statement to everyone.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    infp

I once read a thing describing his songwriting process as told by people who knew him well and worked with him, and it seemed extremely rational and almost formulaic/structured... it was all done in layers of structure that were built up, creating structure and then filling in the details. This seems to be the opposite of how I think P's theoretically approach things, where details are made first and structure is created afterwards.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my friend thinks intp...anybody else see that?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

My friend who reminds me a huge amount of him is ENTJ I think. Almost certain. So I'm with others on ENTJ. I'd heard him called an NFP constantly and I was never that sure. So this is feeling more settling. It was this photo that really screamed it to me at the start and lead me in the NTJ direction. To me it pretty clearly VIs as ENTJ also. Reminds me of the ones at work as well as my friend.

The Beatles wouldn't be a bad example of "taking over the world" either.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP

It never crossed my mind that he could be an NTJ. Very interesting. Any idea what Yoko is?
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

No idea about Yoko yet. I'll look though.

Paul's a pretty classic ESFP, yeh? or is that one that people just assumed too?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

deleted

Matsugane?

Probably ICHH

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    "I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? "
    NTJs really think this stuff? Scary...