User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type Was Robin Williams?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 111

Thread: Robin Williams

  1. #51
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I kind of think ESFJ as well.

    You want to see an ENTP comedian, watch some George Carlin standup. (Yes, I realize many consider Carlin ENFP, but that's bullshit)
    George Carlin is probably a ISTX. If it was Fe that was expressive in those instances, it was definitely inferior Fe.

    Not ENTP at all.

    I don't know too many comedians. Elim Garak from Star Trek DS9 (ENTP 6w7 So/Sx) and King Shultz from Django Unchained are two characters that constantly come to my mind for ENTP characters. I would expect ENTP comedians to be similar atleast slightly.

    Also Shawn Spencer from Psych but he is unrealistically hyper all the time.
    .

  2. #52
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,018

    Default

    Robin Williams' Ne-Fe loop:
    [ENTP] ENTP: A Jungian Analysis
    "Ideally, Fe development should occur once Ti recognizes that there is a valid and inherently consistent reason for collectivized moral judgment to arise and guide the structure of interpersonal relationships. Earlier in life, it's all too common for ENTPs to expect continual validation, encouragement, and attention from the people they find interesting, but without the balancing influence of Fe, they rarely recognize the imbalance between how much they take and how much they give to the people closest to them. When confronted with this disparity, it's not uncommon for tertiary Fe to spring into action and promote feelings of guilt and self-criticism, but the process of learning to correct this disparity is a vital part of developing adult relationships where ENTPs are willing and able to give as much as they often unconsciously take. Giving up the logical high ground may prove difficult for the young ENTP's ego to swallow, but it's a vital step toward personal balance that's responsible for a great deal of the gradual movement from pure hedonistic exploration toward a more well-rounded outlook and a serious understanding of and respect for the needs and sentiments of those close to them. Though they do tend to mature slowly in general, it's not uncommon to see abrupt and unexpected leaps in perspective in this area, especially when the ENTP admires or strives to emulate a close friend or family member with strong Fe. While most ENTPs tend to idolize other NPs in their search for identity, it's often useful for young adult ENTPs to develop close relationships with xxFJ types, as a number of important and growth-inspiring perspectives and interpersonal strategies can be garnered from this sort of interaction."
    Last edited by Mal12345; 08-15-2014 at 11:09 AM. Reason: corrected silly typo
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #53
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,018

    Default

    I've changed my call on Williams' type. He was an EStP. SW's analysis above still applies somewhat, only it's an Se-Fe loop.
    Socionics - the16types.info - MBTI: MBTI: Simulatedworld's Profiles for Extroverted Types
    "It's quite common for ESTPs to be utterly oblivious to how little positive feedback and appreciation they show overtly for the people they care about. They may simply assume that those close to them know how important they are, and their insistence on a constantly active lifestyle may preclude them from providing the sort of emotional support that most people require higher doses of than they do. Indeed, others may wonder if their ESTP friend or family member even cares about them at all--the sudden introduction of Fe is often marked by confused or exaggerated emotional outbursts that lack context or nuance, as most ESTPs possess at least a rudimentary awareness of their emotional shortcomings, and are more than a bit insecure about their ability to show the true depth of their appreciation for the people that matter to them. They may end up filtering Fe through their preferred Se perspective, showing their appreciation through powerful displays of visual or other sensory flash and showmanship. While these responses may appear on the surface to be simple attempts to garner attention, there's often a less pronounced (but very real) desire to express and validate interpersonal camaraderie wrapped up in the ESTP's grand displays and gestures. Especially among male ESTPs, there may exist a certain anxiousness that more straightforward explanations of emotion may produce an undesirable appearance of weakness or excess sensitivity, which tertiary Fe fears may lead to social isolation and lack of any real companionship. The resultant behaviors can be confusing, to say the least."

    ESTP is the best call for Williams' tendency to put on a facade of comedy while the depths of the individual was in misery. Thinkers are the types most likely to hide feelings as a sign of weakness.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I've changed my call on Williams' type. He was an EStP. SW's analysis above still applies somewhat, only it's an Se-Fe loop.
    Socionics - the16types.info - MBTI: MBTI: Simulatedworld's Profiles for Extroverted Types
    "It's quite common for ESTPs to be utterly oblivious to how little positive feedback and appreciation they show overtly for the people they care about. They may simply assume that those close to them know how important they are, and their insistence on a constantly active lifestyle may preclude them from providing the sort of emotional support that most people require higher doses of than they do. Indeed, others may wonder if their ESTP friend or family member even cares about them at all--the sudden introduction of Fe is often marked by confused or exaggerated emotional outbursts that lack context or nuance, as most ESTPs possess at least a rudimentary awareness of their emotional shortcomings, and are more than a bit insecure about their ability to show the true depth of their appreciation for the people that matter to them. They may end up filtering Fe through their preferred Se perspective, showing their appreciation through powerful displays of visual or other sensory flash and showmanship. While these responses may appear on the surface to be simple attempts to garner attention, there's often a less pronounced (but very real) desire to express and validate interpersonal camaraderie wrapped up in the ESTP's grand displays and gestures. Especially among male ESTPs, there may exist a certain anxiousness that more straightforward explanations of emotion may produce an undesirable appearance of weakness or excess sensitivity, which tertiary Fe fears may lead to social isolation and lack of any real companionship. The resultant behaviors can be confusing, to say the least."

    ESTP is the best call for Williams' tendency to put on a facade of comedy while the depths of the individual was in misery. Thinkers are the types most likely to hide feelings as a sign of weakness.
    What about ESTJ or ISTJ?

  5. #55
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    What about ESTJ or ISTJ?
    J isn't even under consideration. Neither is I.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #56
    metamorphosing Flâneuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    996

    Default

    I can't rule out ENtP yet, but I'm leaning toward ENFP.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    I can't rule out ENtP yet, but I'm leaning toward ENFP.
    Why N?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #58
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Why N?
    Mal, you once posted that if someone misses their exit on a highway due to being lost in thought, that means the person is an N. Really, just give it up. Try knitting. Basket weaving. Try anything, but give up typology. And most of all, don't ask others "Why N?" when you don't even know what it is. Robin Williams ESTP? What exactly have you been smoking? Lol.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    J isn't even under consideration. Neither is I.
    Because why? Because we're trying to type a man who did boatloads of cocaine (among other drugs) and presented a public persona completely different from his private life?

    Cool, good luck with that.
    Last edited by asynartetic; 08-15-2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Robin Williams an ESTP? That's pretty funny.

  10. #60
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Because why? Because we're trying to type a man who did boatloads of cocaine (among other drugs) and presented a public persona completely different from his private life?
    He doesn't seem to get that. Nor does he understand the concept of compensatory extraversion.

Similar Threads

  1. Robin Williams - RIP - (July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014)
    By asynartetic in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11-12-2014, 03:59 PM
  2. William Shakespeare
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 07:04 PM
  3. Robbie Williams (not Robin)
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 01:44 PM
  4. Will Rogers and Robin Williams
    By deepthought in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 01:25 PM
  5. William the Conqueror's type
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 09:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO