User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type Was Robin Williams?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 45678 Last

Thread: Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I kind of think ESFJ as well.

You want to see an ENTP comedian, watch some George Carlin standup. (Yes, I realize many consider Carlin ENFP, but that's bullshit)
    George Carlin is probably a ISTX. If it was Fe that was expressive in those instances, it was definitely inferior Fe.

Not ENTP at all.

I don't know too many comedians. Elim Garak from Star Trek DS9 (ENTP 6w7 So/Sx) and King Shultz from Django Unchained are two characters that constantly come to my mind for ENTP characters. I would expect ENTP comedians to be similar atleast slightly.

Also Shawn Spencer from Psych but he is unrealistically hyper all the time.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Robin Williams' Ne-Fe loop:
    [ENTP] ENTP: A Jungian Analysis
    "Ideally, Fe development should occur once Ti recognizes that there is a valid and inherently consistent reason for collectivized moral judgment to arise and guide the structure of interpersonal relationships. Earlier in life, it's all too common for ENTPs to expect continual validation, encouragement, and attention from the people they find interesting, but without the balancing influence of Fe, they rarely recognize the imbalance between how much they take and how much they give to the people closest to them. When confronted with this disparity, it's not uncommon for tertiary Fe to spring into action and promote feelings of guilt and self-criticism, but the process of learning to correct this disparity is a vital part of developing adult relationships where ENTPs are willing and able to give as much as they often unconsciously take. Giving up the logical high ground may prove difficult for the young ENTP's ego to swallow, but it's a vital step toward personal balance that's responsible for a great deal of the gradual movement from pure hedonistic exploration toward a more well-rounded outlook and a serious understanding of and respect for the needs and sentiments of those close to them. Though they do tend to mature slowly in general, it's not uncommon to see abrupt and unexpected leaps in perspective in this area, especially when the ENTP admires or strives to emulate a close friend or family member with strong Fe. While most ENTPs tend to idolize other NPs in their search for identity, it's often useful for young adult ENTPs to develop close relationships with xxFJ types, as a number of important and growth-inspiring perspectives and interpersonal strategies can be garnered from this sort of interaction."
    Last edited by Mal12345; 08-15-2014 at 11:09 AM. Reason: corrected silly typo
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I've changed my call on Williams' type. He was an EStP. SW's analysis above still applies somewhat, only it's an Se-Fe loop.
    Socionics - the16types.info - MBTI: MBTI: Simulatedworld's Profiles for Extroverted Types
    "It's quite common for ESTPs to be utterly oblivious to how little positive feedback and appreciation they show overtly for the people they care about. They may simply assume that those close to them know how important they are, and their insistence on a constantly active lifestyle may preclude them from providing the sort of emotional support that most people require higher doses of than they do. Indeed, others may wonder if their ESTP friend or family member even cares about them at all--the sudden introduction of Fe is often marked by confused or exaggerated emotional outbursts that lack context or nuance, as most ESTPs possess at least a rudimentary awareness of their emotional shortcomings, and are more than a bit insecure about their ability to show the true depth of their appreciation for the people that matter to them. They may end up filtering Fe through their preferred Se perspective, showing their appreciation through powerful displays of visual or other sensory flash and showmanship. While these responses may appear on the surface to be simple attempts to garner attention, there's often a less pronounced (but very real) desire to express and validate interpersonal camaraderie wrapped up in the ESTP's grand displays and gestures. Especially among male ESTPs, there may exist a certain anxiousness that more straightforward explanations of emotion may produce an undesirable appearance of weakness or excess sensitivity, which tertiary Fe fears may lead to social isolation and lack of any real companionship. The resultant behaviors can be confusing, to say the least."

ESTP is the best call for Williams' tendency to put on a facade of comedy while the depths of the individual was in misery. Thinkers are the types most likely to hide feelings as a sign of weakness.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I've changed my call on Williams' type. He was an EStP. SW's analysis above still applies somewhat, only it's an Se-Fe loop.
    Socionics - the16types.info - MBTI: MBTI: Simulatedworld's Profiles for Extroverted Types
    "It's quite common for ESTPs to be utterly oblivious to how little positive feedback and appreciation they show overtly for the people they care about. They may simply assume that those close to them know how important they are, and their insistence on a constantly active lifestyle may preclude them from providing the sort of emotional support that most people require higher doses of than they do. Indeed, others may wonder if their ESTP friend or family member even cares about them at all--the sudden introduction of Fe is often marked by confused or exaggerated emotional outbursts that lack context or nuance, as most ESTPs possess at least a rudimentary awareness of their emotional shortcomings, and are more than a bit insecure about their ability to show the true depth of their appreciation for the people that matter to them. They may end up filtering Fe through their preferred Se perspective, showing their appreciation through powerful displays of visual or other sensory flash and showmanship. While these responses may appear on the surface to be simple attempts to garner attention, there's often a less pronounced (but very real) desire to express and validate interpersonal camaraderie wrapped up in the ESTP's grand displays and gestures. Especially among male ESTPs, there may exist a certain anxiousness that more straightforward explanations of emotion may produce an undesirable appearance of weakness or excess sensitivity, which tertiary Fe fears may lead to social isolation and lack of any real companionship. The resultant behaviors can be confusing, to say the least."

ESTP is the best call for Williams' tendency to put on a facade of comedy while the depths of the individual was in misery. Thinkers are the types most likely to hide feelings as a sign of weakness.
    What about ESTJ or ISTJ?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

What about ESTJ or ISTJ?
    J isn't even under consideration. Neither is I.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I can't rule out ENtP yet, but I'm leaning toward ENFP.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    I can't rule out ENtP yet, but I'm leaning toward ENFP.
    Why N?

Why N?
    Mal, you once posted that if someone misses their exit on a highway due to being lost in thought, that means the person is an N. Really, just give it up. Try knitting. Basket weaving. Try anything, but give up typology. And most of all, don't ask others "Why N?" when you don't even know what it is. Robin Williams ESTP? What exactly have you been smoking? Lol.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

J isn't even under consideration. Neither is I.
    Because why? Because we're trying to type a man who did boatloads of cocaine (among other drugs) and presented a public persona completely different from his private life?

Cool, good luck with that.
    Last edited by asynartetic; 08-15-2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Robin Williams an ESTP? That's pretty funny.

Because why? Because we're trying to type a man who did boatloads of cocaine (among other drugs) and presented a public persona completely different from his private life?
    He doesn't seem to get that. Nor does he understand the concept of compensatory extraversion.