User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type Was Robin Williams?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 23456 Last

Thread: Robin Williams

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    I said in the first sentence: fi by behaviour. (stereotypically.)

And then i pointed out despite his behaviour/outward behaviour he didn't display any Fi in the interview i saw.

Then i argued that he was merely talking about his past, therefore didn't have many opportunities to display Fi.

Then i pointed out that an counter argument could be made regarding the above.
    You said "FP I think by behaviour," not Fi by behavior.

Does anybody know what "FP behavior is"? Or Fi behavior for that matter? Does it include crying at weddings?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    I always thought he was an ENxP, until I interacted with him in person. He was rather private, neat, quick, intellectual, grouchy and high-maintenance.
    I haven't really seen his interviews so I don't know much about his type, but minus "neat" any of these could apply to me depending on my mood (and a lot of ENFP 7s I'd suspect) - high-maintenance and quick being the most frequent.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Dammit mal and now he is dead.

I felt so bad when i heard that news.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    I always thought he was an ENxP, until I interacted with him in person. He was rather private, neat, quick, intellectual, grouchy and high-maintenance.
    Plenty of NPs can seem that way, regardless of I/E.

His role choices reek of ENFP, especially his serious acting. He fits an idealist over a rationalist also.
    Fi in the auxiliary is the "parenting" role, meaning its directed at others, making it look quite different from dominant Fi. We all know that ENFPs are more directly expressive of feeling & animated than your average IxFP. Plus, Ne seeks to affect others, as part of uncovering potential in them & opening up possibilities in general.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Robin Williams was no entp, we dont kill ourselves
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Robin Williams was no entp, we dont kill ourselves
    You mean there are types that don't kill themselves?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

ENFP 7w6 sx/so. Too much truth in emotion for Ti/Fe. TP's truth is in logic and its play is in Fe.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ENFP 7w6 sx/so. Too much truth in emotion for Ti/Fe. TP's truth is in logic and its play is in Fe.
    TP's (Ti's) "truth" is finding and following an internal basis for determining truth. It's play is in Se or Ne, not Fe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    TP's (Ti's) "truth" is finding and following an internal basis for determining truth. It's play is in Se or Ne, not Fe.
    Semantics and missing my point. My point is that Robin Williams poured his self into his roles. His values, his emotions, his sense of every feeling in the rainbow. He poured that into his characters. I do not doubt for a second that an ENTP could be an excellent actor or comedian - certainly there are many - but the way Robin Williams poured his self into his characters is so Fi. He claimed the voice of the Genie as his own intellectual property - him claiming his self-expression and creativity as his own. His humor had a cringing, self-aware element that is so Fi. He was self-referential. Obama said this - "He arrived in our lives as an alien – but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit." Human spirit and universal connection. That is NeFi at its purest.

ENTP Conan in contrast:

Conan O'Brien found out about Robin Williams at the end of taping his show, and handled it perfectly. | Robin Williams | Happy Place

Graceful, sympathetic, touched and touching, inclusive and respectful to the audience in a time of seriousness. A beautiful demonstration of Fe.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Semantics.
    You are dismissing a relevant comment with one broad stroke in order to quickly move on and assert your own belief. My point is that logic may or may not be Ti's guiding star. "Logic" is an Occidental intellectual bias. Ti will still exist in cultures where logic is not put on a pedestal. That internal basis may for example be meditation as a way of finding truth. The quest for intellectual truth is internally determined, that's all that matters here! All else is stereotyping.

My point is that Robin Williams poured his self into his roles. His values, his emotions, his sense of every feeling in the rainbow. He poured that into his characters. I do not doubt for a second that an ENTP could be an excellent actor or comedian
    ...or that an ENTP can't pour him or herself into a character...

- certainly there are many - but the way Robin Williams poured his self into his characters is so Fi. He claimed the voice of the Genie as his own intellectual property - him claiming his self-expression and creativity as his own. His humor had a cringing, self-aware element that is so Fi. He was self-referential. Obama said this - "He arrived in our lives as an alien – but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit." Human spirit and universal connection. That is NeFi at its purest.
    Robin Williams was also a cultural critic, a skeptical Ti. For example, 'Some people say Jesus wasn't Jewish. Of course he was Jewish! Thirty years old, single, lives with his parents, come on. He works in his father's business, his mom thought he was God's gift, he's Jewish. Give it up." Never mind, ENFPs can be that way too!

I remember Robin Williams well. His behavior per se doesn't matter, it's the hyper-intensity of the behavior. He was busting out with extroversion, in the right settings, completely unregulated out-of-control stream-of-thought extroversion strewn here and there with "why?" moments. He was always asking "why?" He was an NT who wanted to know the reasons. He didn't ask his audience, he asked nobody in particular and everybody in general, or perhaps he was just talking out loud, expressing something of his internal world in between the bouts of intense stream-of-thought.