User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Princess Diana?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 1234 Last

Thread: Princess Diana

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    One good reason why Diana was unlikely to be an N type:

Academically weak, she failed all her exams at school twice, passing no O levels, despite having had every educational advantage, apparently trying hard and being a fairly well adjusted and popular student. For the benefit of the non-British: her performance these days would put her roughly in the bottom 10% of students. Americans in particular: she wouldn't have graduated high school. Unless there are other factors to impede their performance, IN types (and intuitives generally) represent the more academically able portion of the population. INFPs are usually high achievers unless there is a good reason not to be. I don't see any in her case.

Several good reasons why she is likely to have been an S type:

Did well at and enjoyed sport compared to her poor academic performance, was excellent at swimming and wanted to be a professional ballet dancer until she grew too tall.

Was known for being very helpful to others with practical tasks while at school, won an award for helpfulness which was almost her only tangible acievement from her schooldays.

Chose practical, people-oriented jobs after leaving school and before marriage: Cook, nanny, kindergarten assistant.
    I'm confused about your understanding of S and N types, N types are not academically gifted, S types are not stuipd/physcal.

N types like the big picture and are imaginative
    S types are detail orientated and factual.

BOTH can be stupid or bright.

Diana wasn't the sharpest student but her family was breaking up and the whole dynamic left a lot to be desired - so hardly a reflection of her acadmeic ability I would think. If I'm honest I don't think she was the sharpest tool in the box but that doens't = S type.

Lis

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I know of dummies who do well in school and non-dummies who do poorly in school. That is almost irrelevant here.
    Finally, N doesn't equal smart, S doesn't equal stupid!!!!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Indeed. I did poorly in school precisely because I daydreamed a lot and didn't have patience for the detail orientation that school usually emphasizes.

K-12 was designed with the SJ mindset in mind. The "academics" involved are more about teaching responsibility and there's very little learning of concepts involved.

Which brings me back to Diana, didn't she type herself as an INFP?

I think INFP is likely, in any case.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I'm confused about your understanding of S and N types, N types are not academically gifted, S types are not stuipd/physcal.

BOTH can be stupid or bright.

Diana wasn't the sharpest student but her family was breaking up and the whole dynamic left a lot to be desired - so hardly a reflection of her acadmeic ability I would think. If I'm honest I don't think she was the sharpest tool in the box but that doens't = S type.

Lis
    You're confused about my understanding, meaning that you think I don't.

I'm confused about your understanding of my posts *read however you want to*. Perhaps you didn't read the second one:

Intuitive types tend to do better in traditional academic settings than sensing types not because they are more or less "intellligent", depending on how you define intelligence, but because their intuitive preference gives them a natural advantage, all other things being equal, in coming up with an appropriate answer to an unfamiliar question in a time limited situation.
    I mean what I actually say, no more and no less. If you want to think that I was implying that she was stupid by referring to her academic performance, go ahead, but actually I would be quite happy to say so if that was what I thought; I have no need to imply. You would presumably be making some assumptions about the value I am attatching to academic performance in supposing me to be thinking that. You also appear to think I am equating a preference for physical activities over mental activities with a lack of intelligence. I can assure you I don't, but since you are making the equation yourself, how about you? She does not seem to me to have been unintelligent as such; but it seems to have been a sensing type intelligence; I merely happen to think she is mistyped.

Edit: mondo also, please read! You two are at any rate showing your own intuitive preference in responding to what you think I have said by reading something extra into it, and responding to that rather than what I have actually said!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENTP

" not because they are more or less "intellligent", depending on how you define intelligence, but because their intuitive preference gives them a natural advantage, all other things being equal, in coming up with an appropriate answer to an unfamiliar question in a time limited situation."

My point is that Intuition doesn't give you any advantage what so ever in academic subjects. A lot depends on how a subject is taught, but as far as I am aware every subject I've ever learned has big and small picture details in it. I've got three different levels of education, small picture stuff bores me but my N type doesn't give me advantage.

S simply means deatil - good for practially any subject taught within British schools... but then maybe in the US they teach things differently and that History isn't pending dates or facts ... maybe it's just there was a war some time between some countries...

N have no advantage, neither have S's

Lis
    Likes KitchenFly liked this post

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

My understanding is that the old O Levels (which Diana would have done) were significantly more biased towards an intuitive approach than the current GCSEs at the same level. I rather fancy she would have passed a few GCSEs, particularly with the large proportion of coursework that most courses contain, and is a gift to a dilligent and well organised person.

I do think that intuition comprises more than simply the tendency to focus on the big picture. It is also at the very least the subconscious forming of connections and relationships between different entities, which gears a person with strong intuition more towards an abstract style of thinking and comfort with abstract concepts. Where these are valued more in education, I believe intuitive types will tend to do better. Where the learning of a sigificant amount of detail is valued more sensing types may be at an advantage, and intuitive types in danger of being disadvantaged through boredom. But I don't believe that the British school exam system is quite what it used to be in this resepct...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

INFP.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree
    I mean what I actually say, no more and no less. If you want to think that I was implying that she was stupid by referring to her academic performance, go ahead, but actually I would be quite happy to say so if that was what I thought; I have no need to imply. You would presumably be making some assumptions about the value I am attatching to academic performance in supposing me to be thinking that. You also appear to think I am equating a preference for physical activities over mental activities with a lack of intelligence. I can assure you I don't, but since you are making the equation yourself, how about you? She does not seem to me to have been unintelligent as such; but it seems to have been a sensing type intelligence; I merely happen to think she is mistyped.
    I get what you're saying now. She might prefer sensing over intuition because of this.
    Also I didn't read the fact that she didn't pass her O-level tests. If it's anything like the tests in America, it favors iNtuitive thought processes..
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

From the forum here: Princess Diana's Type

She self-identified as INFP. Although I have often wondered about that myself ... S vs N?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Don't INFPs have learning problems? Something about how they have to observe for a long period of time, and then get the "hang" of it rather well?

This was from some weird socionics website, and an INFP friend was all "YEAH, THAT IS TOTALLY ME!!!!!!!111one"
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]