• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World Series

ygolo

My termites win
So who's following?

Baseball isn't really an interest of mine, but with two teams that had a reputation of being so bad long term getting into the series makes it somewhat interesting.

The Philies won the first game on the road.

Thoughts? Predictions? Trash-talk?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am not big on trash-talk (at least, I am not if I am not playing), but I think the Phillies take Game 2 tonight, as well, and win the Series in 5 or 6.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Don't care about either team. I'll go for TB though I doubt I'll watch any of the games.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I would actually LOVE for the phillies to win. I don't think I can stomach a national case of fair weather fans for THREE teams in the AL East. Seriously. Can you imagine that, you think its bad now. It would be absolutely insufferable, sports coverage would revolve around the east in baseball, especially the American league.

Honestly, the National league will be even more ridiculed if the rays win. Think about it, last to first, Blue jays are a decent team, orioles aren't pushovers for a last place team, the Big two. It would just serve as a microcosm of the American League, every argument about the NL's inferiority will stem from that division if they win, that is something you can QUOTE me on.

MBTI Type
INTJ
What a ridiculously beautiful game. I am very, very pumped for Games 4 and 5.

A great game. The kind of game that championship teams pull out at least once during their run. I loved watching Moyer get to pitch well in the World Series in his hometown. I think they've got some mojo going, especially with Howard finally getting off. You've got to feel great about having a Game 5 ticket right now!

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
You know what I wouldn't even mind eating crow about Moyer right now. Yes I dislike the devil rays that much.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Hahah I was actually going to in my rays bashing post. It was originally supposed to be an analysis/prediction thread, I already penciled in a game 3 loss. I just couldn't bring myself to discuss any possibility of the Rays winning so I abandoned that plan. The Phillies have some good lefties though, Ortiz kinda killed them in that regard. The rays pitchers aren't too scary, not even Garza with some decent lefties.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hahah I was actually going to in my rays bashing post. It was originally supposed to be an analysis/prediction thread, I already penciled in a game 3 loss. I just couldn't bring myself to discuss any possibility of the Rays winning so I abandoned that plan. The Phillies have some good lefties though, Ortiz kinda killed them in that regard. The rays pitchers aren't too scary, not even Garza with some decent lefties.

Garza looked agitated the whole night. Apparently, he is a rather high-strung guy, and the rain delay affected his comfort level. Moyer doesn't have Garza's stuff, but he is a consummate pro. Did you see how many times the Rays' batters had to call for time because the pitch was almost on its way? Working fast like that is a great way to keep batters off-balance. Just good veteran stuff there.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Joe Blanton just hit a home run. Sweet Jesus. The Phillies are doing it. They're really, really doing it.

MBTI Type
INTJ
We are on the verge of being the World Champions. Absolutely unreal.

It really is. It's so ingrained in me that we lose that it seems otherworldly and surreal, like I'm not actually seeing it. Part of that is that it's the Rays instead of a traditional team, and part of it is the very strange kind of vibe this series has. But part of it is just "we're not supposed to win". I really have no idea how I'll react IF (I'm not tempting fate!) we win.

Have a great time tomorrow...I have a feeling it might be one of the best nights of you life :)

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Hopefully Philadelphia fans don't become as annoying as Boston fans, if the Phillies win. And I'm talking about all major sports.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hopefully Philadelphia fans don't become as annoying as Boston fans, if the Phillies win. And I'm talking about all major sports.

I doubt it. We don't define ourselves by rivalries or by losing. We define ourselves by being complete and total nutcases. Watch the news late tonight and tomorrow morning. ;)

MBTI Type
INTJ

Nah. We'll be jerks for about three days and then go back to bitching about the Eagles like this whole thing never happened :) In Philly, the Eagles are Gladys Knight and the other sports are all the Pips. You never have to worry about us unless the Eagles win the Super Bowl.