User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Heroes...

MBTI
    INTP

Sup with Nathan being such a pimp. Guess it helps that you can just fly out the window when you're done.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    infp

Anybody else enjoying the second half of season 3 "fugitives" as much as me?

God damn that's some good watching, I can't believe how the show is going lol it's like :horor: with every new revelation.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Anybody else enjoying the second half of season 3 "fugitives" as much as me?

God damn that's some good watching, I can't believe how the show is going lol it's like :horor: with every new revelation.
    Haha. All I know is that as soon as the plane crash mess showed up, everyone in the room watching went "Lost". So now it's called "Heroes--oops I mean Lost". There are still a whole lot of plot problems aside from that. Too many jumps all over the place. Too little explanation and too much mystery at once. Little explanation is fine, but not to the point where you sacrifice continuity.

So now, all we care about is Syler, because his section of the story is the most continuous and makes the most sense.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Haha. All I know is that as soon as the plane crash mess showed up, everyone in the room watching went "Lost". So now it's called "Heroes--oops I mean Lost". There are still a whole lot of plot problems aside from that. Too many jumps all over the place. Too little explanation and too much mystery at once. Little explanation is fine, but not to the point where you sacrifice continuity.

So now, all we care about is Syler, because his section of the story is the most continuous and makes the most sense.
    I couldn't agree more. Heroes just moves too quickly. You don't have time to get into the story before something happens that changes everything. I still watch it, but Lost is a much better serial drama.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've been blitzing through Heroes episodes for the last few weeks, since the entire series is now on NetFlix.

My general opinion:

If we want to get into the Lost/Heroes compare, I think Lost was more solid in its best years than Heroes and had a better handle from the start on characterization and backstory; however, I don't think Heroes is bad, except for much of Season #2 where it lost its way. Maybe the last season or two of Lost is on par with average Heroes.

I also agree with people who were bitching about the people who were dead suddenly getting healed again by getting blood transfusions from the regenerators. Hopefully that bit of trickery is over now, I haven't seen it happen since Arthur stole Adam's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by oasispaw View Post
    i went to high school with milo venti....whatever and i hate that i have to see his f*cking crooked smile EVERYWHERE!!!! and i don't even watch tv!
    high school won't go away! make it go away!!
    That's too bad, he's kind of endearing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft