User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Heroes...

Last night's episode was definitely an improvement for this season so far. This is filmed like a never ending movie, so it's not surprising that it seems a lot different now than in the first season. I think in this season it just feels like we're being hit with too much action and too much information on a consistent basis, whereas before they took the time to make everything seem profound and meaningful. The first three or four episodes were my favorites.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Last night's episode was definitely an improvement for this season so far. This is filmed like a never ending movie, so it's not surprising that it seems a lot different now than in the first season. I think in this season it just feels like we're being hit with too much action and too much information on a consistent basis, whereas before they took the time to make everything seem profound and meaningful.
    Jeez tell me about it. I hadn't watched Heroes before this season, and I'm rather disappointed with the apparent stance, "Let's see how much we can twist the plot this week!" There's not nearly enough consistency right now which makes all of these plot twists very contrived. Still, I'll keep watching to see if it solidifies itself.

(Btw, super-fast-speed girl = awesome. I wish I had that power.)
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Banned
    MBTI
    type

My principle problem with Heroes and Lost, both shows I like, is that ten seconds before you think closure is about to be reached on something, anything at all, they cut away to a COMPLETELY NEW PLOT DEVELOPMENT and concentrate on that for three episodes. And so on.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Last night's episode was definitely an improvement for this season so far. This is filmed like a never ending movie, so it's not surprising that it seems a lot different now than in the first season. I think in this season it just feels like we're being hit with too much action and too much information on a consistent basis, whereas before they took the time to make everything seem profound and meaningful. The first three or four episodes were my favorites.
    Ironically this was done because apparently after last season, a lot of people were complaining that they were taking too long to build up to anything (IE: Hiro's entire story was way longer than it should have been).

I actually liked where last season was going before the writer's strike. I was even probably the one person on earth who liked Caitlyn and am still kinda annoyed that she got dumped in the bad future and left to rot.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I stopped watching it after the episode where they ruined Hiro's character, among other things. WTF was that? Hiro just suddenly turns bad? They're just pulling gimmick after gimmick out of their ass.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

There's some revision in the latest episode.

But yes, it gets progressively more and more annoying that there are no real consequences for anything which happens on the show. Anyone who dies is given the power of healing, or it turns out it was in the future so it doesn't matter, or they just go back in time.

MBTI
    INTP

What sucks is the way, after season 1, they were hyping that a lot of characters were going to die, or just fade into the BG or whatever and it ended up being a whole two of them.

I think a revolving cast/storyline each season would've been awesome; maybe connecting seasons with one or two recurring characters/events.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Wilson View Post
    I think a revolving cast/storyline each season would've been awesome; maybe connecting seasons with one or two recurring characters/events.
    That would be much better than what they have going on now. Given the current trend, in order for season 4 to be exciting, Peter would have to stop Sylar from blowing up the sun...in all times simultaneously.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    That would be much better than what they have going on now. Given the current trend, in order for season 4 to be exciting, Peter would have to stop Sylar from blowing up the sun...in all times simultaneously.
    Hell, if I was Peter, I wouldn't even care about Sylar. I'd have just flown off into space at the end of season 1 and found a planet with less drama. :P

MBTI
    isfj

i went to high school with milo venti....whatever and i hate that i have to see his f*cking crooked smile EVERYWHERE!!!! and i don't even watch tv!

high school won't go away! make it go away!!
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.