123 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default The Pick Up Artist

`
    Well that show was incredibly lol-worthy and now there's gonna be a season two.

Do guys actually watch this show and take mental notes?

I do not believe you can manufacture charm, charisma or social sincerity, (obviously) and I think that these things are what the show, or should I say "Mystery", (gag me with a jagged spoon) are trying to teach these clueless men.

Any thoughts?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Also, Mystery reeks of sheer Geekdom and the fact that he tries so hard to conceal this fact makes him seem all the more pathetic!!!

I might be biased because I do not mind geeks, and in fact have found myself attracted to quite a few of them but I am absolutely repulsed by phonies!!!
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

If a guy with the name "Mystery" can pick up chicks, I guess he must be pretty good.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I only know the trailer for the Robert Downey Jr. movie "The Pick-Up Artist" video release is on 75% of all late 80s VHS tapes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

ZOMG!!!!

"Matador" is repulsive and he is wearing a toupee.

Mystery and Matador?!?!?!?

Mystery and Matador?!?!?!?

Surely men are not this stupid!!!

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Not all of us, people are that stupid, I've especially seen a trend on shows on channels that are supposed to be playing music, but have since stopped to air stupid reality shows. Most of the contestants are idiots, or as I've been told, acting to like idiots to become famous.

The only person that I recall this actually working for, becoming famous and staying famous, is New York, but that ***** is fucking crazy.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    `
    Well that show was incredibly lol-worthy and now there's gonna be a season two.

Do guys actually watch this show and take mental notes?

I do not believe you can manufacture charm, charisma or social sincerity, (obviously) and I think that these things are what the show, or should I say "Mystery", (gag me with a jagged spoon) are trying to teach these clueless men.

Any thoughts?
    Unbelievably, I have had raging debates with some guys over the effectiveness of this, lol. Some of them think it works magic. I would point out that any success may be because they went outside, had some confidence and approached women.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

MBTI
    infp

We don't get that show in Canada, but we have an equivalanet called "Keys to the VIP" that I havn't really seen much. I'm not really sure if it's the same at all though.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    `
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. You can see when people are doing this, too, usually, and it's quite sad. You can tell who is charming out of confidence and who is charming out of insecurity.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Unbelievably, I have had raging debates with some guys over the effectiveness of this, lol. Some of them think it works magic. I would point out that any success may be because they went outside, had some confidence and approached women.
    I believe this as well. You can't manufacture a magic trick to work on all women.. but, sometimes, guys *thinking* they're better equipped for the situation could bring out the confidence necessary to actually have a conversation that would make the girl take note of the guy. In this case, mayhap I could see people swearing by it.. but they'd still be swearing by ignorance of what's really going on entirely.

In my head, I can just picture, at best, the lines and practiced "tricks of the trade" working long enough for the girl to notice that she's talking to a phony that's thinking of her as an object or pet needing tricked into. I'm a human being, and I'm capable of making decisions as well.. saying things in a certain rhythm isn't going to mesmorize me.

I'm reminded of that movie Hitch a bit on this subject.. I don't think there's anything wrong with giving a man a tool to be confident in himself.. but I do think it's wrong to think there's a precise method of 'tricking' girls into taking a fancy to you.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge