• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Pick Up Artist

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
`
Well that show was incredibly lol-worthy and now there's gonna be a season two.

Do guys actually watch this show and take mental notes?

I do not believe you can manufacture charm, charisma or social sincerity, (obviously) and I think that these things are what the show, or should I say "Mystery", (gag me with a jagged spoon) are trying to teach these clueless men.

Any thoughts?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Also, Mystery reeks of sheer Geekdom and the fact that he tries so hard to conceal this fact makes him seem all the more pathetic!!!

I might be biased because I do not mind geeks, and in fact have found myself attracted to quite a few of them but I am absolutely repulsed by phonies!!!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
If a guy with the name "Mystery" can pick up chicks, I guess he must be pretty good.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I only know the trailer for the Robert Downey Jr. movie "The Pick-Up Artist" video release is on 75% of all late 80s VHS tapes.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ZOMG!!!!

"Matador" is repulsive and he is wearing a toupee.

Mystery and Matador?!?!?!?

Mystery and Matador?!?!?!?

Surely men are not this stupid!!!

:doh:

Atomic Fiend

Not all of us, people are that stupid, I've especially seen a trend on shows on channels that are supposed to be playing music, but have since stopped to air stupid reality shows. Most of the contestants are idiots, or as I've been told, acting to like idiots to become famous.

The only person that I recall this actually working for, becoming famous and staying famous, is New York, but that ***** is fucking crazy.

V

violaine

`
Well that show was incredibly lol-worthy and now there's gonna be a season two.

Do guys actually watch this show and take mental notes?

I do not believe you can manufacture charm, charisma or social sincerity, (obviously) and I think that these things are what the show, or should I say "Mystery", (gag me with a jagged spoon) are trying to teach these clueless men.

Any thoughts?

Unbelievably, I have had raging debates with some guys over the effectiveness of this, lol. Some of them think it works magic. I would point out that any success may be because they went outside, had some confidence and approached women.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
We don't get that show in Canada, but we have an equivalanet called "Keys to the VIP" that I havn't really seen much. I'm not really sure if it's the same at all though.

`

I agree with this wholeheartedly. You can see when people are doing this, too, usually, and it's quite sad. You can tell who is charming out of confidence and who is charming out of insecurity.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Unbelievably, I have had raging debates with some guys over the effectiveness of this, lol. Some of them think it works magic. I would point out that any success may be because they went outside, had some confidence and approached women.

I believe this as well. You can't manufacture a magic trick to work on all women.. but, sometimes, guys *thinking* they're better equipped for the situation could bring out the confidence necessary to actually have a conversation that would make the girl take note of the guy. In this case, mayhap I could see people swearing by it.. but they'd still be swearing by ignorance of what's really going on entirely.

In my head, I can just picture, at best, the lines and practiced "tricks of the trade" working long enough for the girl to notice that she's talking to a phony that's thinking of her as an object or pet needing tricked into. I'm a human being, and I'm capable of making decisions as well.. saying things in a certain rhythm isn't going to mesmorize me.

I'm reminded of that movie Hitch a bit on this subject.. I don't think there's anything wrong with giving a man a tool to be confident in himself.. but I do think it's wrong to think there's a precise method of 'tricking' girls into taking a fancy to you.

V

violaine

.. I don't think there's anything wrong with giving a man a tool to be confident in himself..

I totally agree.

(btw the funniest counter argument I've heard is some of the PUA behavior is supposed to only work with women who are '10s' as these are the women men fall all over themselves for. Therefore if it doesn't work for you as a woman you mustn't be a '10', LOL.)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
What!?! That's got to be the most generalized argument ever made.! Lol-worthy, for sure.

V

violaine

haha srsly, what can you say back to that!

Ultimately I do think each to their own, but I am creeped out by some of the PUA gurus cos at some point I think they are preying on vulnerable men with this stuff. And they're introducing another level of BS to cut through in the dating world... lol.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha srsly, what can you say back to that!

Ultimately I do think each to their own, but I am creeped out by some of the PUA gurus cos at some point I think they are preying on vulnerable women with this stuff. And they're introducing another level of BS to cut through in the dating world... lol.

Fixed.

V

violaine

^Of course. I wanted to mention a lesser explored angle... I have quite a lot of sympathy for the less confident men who fall prey to this stuff too, (no, not the willing manipulators).

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Fuck 'em!
Worms that turn need to be gobbled up.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Well, in F support.. I can understand the lack of confidence.. empathizing with it, I realize that I feel terrible for the good guy that loses out to the bad boy with a rebel-streak in him to the stereotypical woman.

.. but I also realize that eventually, they need to realize enough is enough and if they really care for a woman they'll stand up and attempt to make themselves known to her. Because the sad reality is, if you don't try, you can't succeed or fail.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
how can a guy seem confident through tears of self-loathing? :cry:

how can you follow a book that says you need to be self confident... nothing paradoxical about that. it should say "you are a loser for buying this" :coffee: