User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Children of Men

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Children of Men

Who has seen it? I think I'm going to watch it again tonight. I've seen it several time, for I own it on DVD. I think it's an excellent movie. The cinematography is awesome, Clive Owen is great in it and it's a compelling plot. The ending is a cliff hanger but I kind of like it how it ends abruptly, leaving it to the viewer to speculate and maybe fabricate the conclusion.

MBTI
    istp

Compelling plot? Everyone is magically sterile so they quite reasonably resort to fascism, then someone gets pregnant and people start killing each other cause one baby will somehow magically save humanity or whatever.

But the action was awesome, so I liked it.
    No offense.

MBTI
    INXP

I liked Michael Caine in it. I do wish I saw it at the cinema. It's very HL2 in plot and feel; especially the scene in the car.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I enjoyed it a lot. I had overlooked it in theaters, but a friend forced me to sit and observe. The magically sterile part I think is another thing the viewer speculates on eternally. Religious views, apocolyptic thoughts, the environment.. what triggered it, the supernatual, mankind himself, the environment, disease, milk, sunshine.. It was another fun thing to debate about.

I don't think the one baby saves humanity.. I'm sure that girl was pumped with more sperm then a whale afterwards.. but the fact it's there means that mayhap the people whom thought it was the end of the world have hope of otherwise.

I really thought it was interesting that they sold suicide kits. That was just insane to me.. to be so open about it, and just publically let people know that "Yup, there's pretty much no reason to live anymore." I wouldn't like to think of America as a whole so pessimistic.. that might be a bit too scary for this little chica..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I really enjoyed that movie. There was one shot towards the end that was a continuous 15 minute shot or something of the like, no edits. I love that kinda stuff.

I've also been a fan of Clive's since the BMW Films series, man those were awesome.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It's a quality pikcha.

I appreciated the cinematography more than anything else about it.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Very good. One of those that you leave you straring at the closing credits.(with your mouth open and you hand hanging limply in the popcorn bowl)
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    Compelling plot? Everyone is magically sterile so they quite reasonably resort to fascism, then someone gets pregnant and people start killing each other cause one baby will somehow magically save humanity or whatever.

But the action was awesome, so I liked it.
    By compelling I meant that it had me interested throughout the duration of the movie. Not a ton of movies hold my attention. I liked the plot a lot and the way the dawn of apocalypse, fascism and decay of the world was displayed on film was superb, IMO. That shot where the blood stayed on the screen for several minutes... Freakin' sweet! Also the scene where they get ambushed in the car was way intense.

The ending would probably disappoint most (it didn't for me though), but I suggest everyone sees this if they haven't. Go rent it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I liked the premise. The execution was problematic. The ending was ridiculous.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    The execution was problematic. The ending was ridiculous.
    Expound, please.