User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Children of Men

MBTI
    ISTJ

Saw it. Loved it. Fell in love/lust with Clive Owen. I also liked the music.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Good movie. I saw it in theaters a few years ago (with a pretty great audience). The car scene was magnificent.

I thought the 3 second birth was a little unbelievable and I wasn't a big fan of the explosion steady-cam scene (Ah, the irony of calling shaky cameras, "steady"). It was kind of stagy, having that long of a shot. Drawing attention to the mechanics of itself rather than the story.

I really thought it was interesting that they sold suicide kits. That was just insane to me.. to be so open about it, and just publically let people know that "Yup, there's pretty much no reason to live anymore." I wouldn't like to think of America as a whole so pessimistic.. that might be a bit too scary for this little chica..
    I can see how it could be so hopeless. With no future generations to live for- it's very evolutionarily dire. They should've shown some weird cults that worshipped the rabbit or something for its reproductive prowress.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Very good. One of those that you leave you straring at the closing credits.(with your mouth open and you hand hanging limply in the popcorn bowl)
    I really liked it too!

(and I have a thing for "unlikely heros")

MBTI
    INFP

From a technical standpoint, the film was brilliant. From an overall standpoint, the film was mediocre at best - Its metaphor was rather cliche.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    istp

one of my favorite movies

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    From a technical standpoint, the film was brilliant. From an overall standpoint, the film was mediocre at best - Its metaphor was rather cliche.
    why does it have to be a metaphor?

(180 critics disagree)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Expound, please.
    It descended into little more than a mindless action flick, when it could have been so much more. But then, I like movies where people just sit around talking, no so much movies, as talkies.

Anyway, Wiki say: Described as a companion piece to Cuarn's Y tu mam tambin (2001), both films examine contemporary social and political issues through the epic journey of the road film.

Y tu mam tambin was an infinitely superior movie.
    If you want subtlety and depth, you have to look outside of the English language (i.e. U.S.) market, or so it would seem.

I loved it because it gave me a unique feeling, the action was awesome, and it gives me a bit to think about it. It wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, though, because there wasn't any science or explanation involved, and it wasn't as epic as I would have liked to have been.

I sure liked watching Clive kick a car door into a guy on a motorcycle. And I give them props for what happened during that scene. (I won't include spoilers.)
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INFP

I really liked it. Watched it on a plane ride.