• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
.... 1500g for a green whelp? Are there really not that many people farming them?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was doing some quick calculations - I'd be willing to pay about 1500g* for that pet now (the green one in particular).

Aye caramba!!!!!

I guess with the new achievement badges, certain things are rising in value.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
.... 1500g for a green whelp? Are there really not that many people farming them?

Well... they are 1/1000 drops, and there are four of them... ie: you need to kill in excess of 3000 to be confident you will get any one of them... and even then, I'm only going to get all four of them about 80% of the time. Knowing that I need to get all four at some point, I'm going to be grinding for days, if not weeks, to get all of them.

Adjusting the confidence rate up, accounting for the drops level 75 or so mobs, and the higher rate of kill (spawn rates for whelplings suck, except the blue one)... that's what I would value them at. I earn about 300g an hour in grinding (full auction value for frostweave and occasional green item, + vendor stuff) - it just doesn't make sense for me to grind lvl 28 whelps!

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Found what I was looking for. Although, I wish I had it in better....quality. The background music makes it lame.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M76z2IsLTlw]Vael speech[/youtube]

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, I got bored and decided to play a little. Hopefully this doesn't suck too much...

3175768488_a4e751793e.jpg

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I haven't ever tried WoW..but I am going to comletely frank with you, laugh if you must. Okay, now, if I were an adult, this would be wrong, but seeing as I am still a kid..., I do hang around on Runescape. Why? I don't know..if I knew, I wouldn't be asking myself. But..it is generally the same concept as WoW, and WoW seems to be publicly accepted, so I decided to open up..something I rarely do.:cheese:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
If I want to play it, do I have to buy the package from a gaming store? If so, I've seen many different kinds, which one do I get?

Edit: And what race/class should I choose? I'm thinking either human or knight elve. And either shaman, preist, or mage.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
If I want to play it, do I have to buy the package from a gaming store? If so, I've seen many different kinds, which one do I get?

At this point, I'd get the one that has World of Warcraft + The burning crusade. Tends to be cheap and offer at least a month of free gaming time. If you like it, and once you hit 70, you can get Wrath.

I HIGHLY recommend getting a referral with someone that can play with you. The first 60 levels are the worst, by far, even with the increased experience. Free mount and triple exp is really good. The sooner you get into wrath, the more you will enjoy the game, IMO.

By normal measures, the 1-60 game is good by MMO standards, but it doesn't reflect what blizzard did even between 60-70, and nothing like the 70-80 game.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I just went on the website, and got the 10-day free trial, created an account, (dark elve preist, if you must know), and did the very first quest..the one where you kill the four boars and 7 something or others. I met a girl who was level 73 and she had transparent hooded cloaks, and she helped me out a lot, and we added me :)

I am already hooked on it, and I just downloaded it like an hour ago. Thanks for the help guys!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just went on the website, and got the 10-day free trial, created an account, (dark elve preist, if you must know), and did the very first quest..the one where you kill the four boars and 7 something or others. I met a girl who was level 73 and she had transparent hooded cloaks, and she helped me out a lot, and we added me :)

I am already hooked on it, and I just downloaded it like an hour ago. Thanks for the help guys!

Ah, the sounds of the freshly addicted... :D

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4

You are totally screwed now. I am so sorry. Please don't hate me forever.

What realm are you in? We have an awesome guild and would be happy to help lvl you up.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I got bored after a while. I hear it's because I was a warrior. But I also didn't enjoy how much I had to figure out.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I'm afraid that I too have fallen to the evilness that is WoW. Woe is my soul. :cry:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also play this game. I do manage to have a life also, I just play WoW when life doesn't strike. If there is work to be done around school or a chore I have to do, I will get it out of the way. I learned that you cannot play first and work later, it doesn't get things done.

Anyway for those of you that want to know (I know people are curious) I play as a level 80 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin. Paladins are the only really appealing class to me, actually just last night I made a Draenei one on a random server, but perhaps I could play with you guys on Blackhand. :)

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I must say that the instances in this expansion are pretty top notch so far.

I am only 76 so far, and my Deathknight is a full on tank (first time I've ever played one) but I am having a blast in some of these dungeons. Hopefully this is a good indicator of things to come.

I can't wait till they let me roll a DK on Blackhand, so I can jump back over there.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I must say that the instances in this expansion are pretty top notch so far.

Totally agree... it's a hell of a lot of fun. Course, I feel horribly guilty when I join groups now because I'm a super-undergeared BM hunter, so I don't really do them much.

The last 25 man I went into (WG, I think), I wasn't even on the top 10. I can't bear that shame again. I have since decided to gear up rather than finish loremaster ;)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a back slider. I was doing so good, then I decided to go back in again, after getting rid of my old account and all I spent all that money all over again... :doh:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm a back slider. I was doing so good, then I decided to go back in again, after getting rid of my old account and all I spent all that money all over again... :doh:

Me too. I get pulled back in a lot. Account not activated right now, but I was tempted today. I just love being a mage so much.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me too. I get pulled back in a lot. Account not activated right now, but I was tempted today. I just love being a mage so much.

I don't even have access to my old account, I picked up a new one...